IGNORED

We’re all singing over here, you ****s

ZiderheadTJ

2 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Mines on an SD card somewhere... Copied/pasted pic from online 'images' for this thread. 

One visit we made was the day after an anniversary of his death.. Took a few flowers ourselves but was surprised and disappointed there was no others there.  Bit sad really, like the grave itself, virtually nondescript 

I don’t think Adge has relatives around Nailsea these days and I’d simply forgotten about the anniversary of his death. If I remember next 5th May I’ll place some flowers against his gravestone.

On 17/09/2019 at 13:02, Tipps69 said:

My biggest gripe regarding chants / singing is when we join in with the opposition’s songs!!

Stoke on Saturday for instance started signing their version of Southampton’s ‘when the saints go marching in’ (also copied by Tottenham) & our fans have started joining in with Stokes version!

And I’m sure at Derby, City fans started joining in with one of their songs!! I just don’t understand how or why any two teams would join in with a song / chant started by their opponents?!?

Unless you agree on what roger malone is ?

The modern day English football supporter seems so wet.

No naughty words ... think of the kids

No smoke ... I might get a cough

Don't stand up ... I can't see the game 

Piss off. I've seen MLS games where the support is absolutely fanatical they have areas where standing singing and pyro is encouraged.

Anyone who thinks AG is some kind of cauldron is absolutely deluded. Pound for Pound English Football is probably the worst for atmosphere in Europe.

2 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

The modern day English football supporter seems so wet.

No naughty words ... think of the kids

No smoke ... I might get a cough

Don't stand up ... I can't see the game 

Piss off. I've seen MLS games where the support is absolutely fanatical they have areas where standing singing and pyro is encouraged.

Anyone who thinks AG is some kind of cauldron is absolutely deluded. Pound for Pound English Football is probably the worst for atmosphere in Europe.

I don't even see your point mate. Having been going to football since the mid seventies I can't see what's changed since then?

Swearing at football matches seems as ubiquitous now as then, and there remain a minority who don't like it, but it doesn't appear to be a big deal now any more or less than it did in 1975.

No smoke... I assume you're talking about flares/smoke bombs? We didn't eveb have any need for such things in the 70s, and as it's fairly well documented that these have caused serious problems and distress to disabled fans, it would seem a good idea not to bring pyros into the stadium, would it not?

Don't stand up...well depending on where you are in the ground, that goes without saying, doesn't it? Unfortunately we no longer have the choice! 

Archived