IGNORED

Joe Allen’s Amber Card

Davefevs

On 15/09/2019 at 18:55, Davefevs said:

I’ve been waiting to see the highlights from yesterday and a different angle of Allen’s challenge on Brownhill - this following Nathan Jones saying it was one of those “amber cards”.  Watching on Robinstv, I thought it looked like a red upon the challenge and the same angle replay they showed afterwards.  It looked reckless, the foot above the circumference of the ball, and the only good thing if there could be such a thing was that his foot wasn’t vertical.  But it was still studs up...just horizontal.

Now back from a weekend away, I have watched a tv angle of it from the left of Bentley’s goal....and it’s still a red card.

The only way it is not a red, is if Geoff Eltringham bottles it.  He didn’t.

For Jones to come out and say it was amber, is part of the problem in the game, manager’s and coaches failing to support the refs.  You could tell from the Stoke player reactions they knew it was a red.   

He's probably trying to infer that the rules are too harsh, as anyone with a brain can see that, according to the current rules, it is a very clear red. 

I see Stoke have decided not to appeal the RED card because they don’t think they have any chance of overturning the decision & don’t want to have to take another game on top of the ban.

Funny because I thought it was nailed on cheating by Josh according to Macari & Jones was so adamant it wasn’t a red that he was appealing before 5pm on Saturday!

20 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I see Stoke have decided not to appeal the RED card because they don’t think they have any chance of overturning the decision & don’t want to have to take another game on top of the ban.

Funny because I thought it was nailed on cheating by Josh according to Macari & Jones was so adamant it wasn’t a red that he was appealing before 5pm on Saturday!

Reading their forum on Saturday, I suspect a lot of their fans were hoping the club would appeal and lose, so Allen would be banned for even longer!

38 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Reading their forum on Saturday, I suspect a lot of their fans were hoping the club would appeal and lose, so Allen would be banned for even longer!

Unless Nathan Jones is cleverer than he seems, I don’t think that was his hope in appealing it on Saturday ?

On 17/09/2019 at 15:16, Tipps69 said:

Let’s not forget that while he’s such a Stoke favourite & has his own column in their rag, he was watching Man Utd!

Also, it wouldn’t have anything to do with him having an affiliation with Swindon Town would it?

Even the reporter who wrote that article basically said that Macari is talking bollocks.

20 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

I thought the same when I saw it, but having watched the Sky highlights his foot is much higher than I thought.

Definite red for me.

Not seen it back, but at the time i thought it was excessive for what he wanted to do (ie stop NE getting through)

Will be interested to see it again.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Not seen it back, but at the time i thought it was excessive for what he wanted to do (ie stop NE getting through)

Will be interested to see it again.

Dangerous - Tick

Reckless - Tick

Out of Control - Tick

I think the fact that he’s literally hacked down an opponent and absolutely no intention of playing the ball that had gone seconds before would also have a bearing 

Red all day long for me , and so it should be any intentional hack or trip with the sole intention of taking down an opponent should be IMHO 

By the same sword Taylor Moore was Maybe a tad fortunate 

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

As was Moore’s in the first half. Very lucky not to be sent off for what looked pretty similar to Bidwell’s

We certainly dodged a bullet there IMO. I haven`t seen the replay yet but it looked as bad as Allen`s at the time. I hope the highlights prove me wrong but my instant reaction was red.

19 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

We certainly dodged a bullet there IMO. I haven`t seen the replay yet but it looked as bad as Allen`s at the time. I hope the highlights prove me wrong but my instant reaction was red.

Down right in front of me & I don’t think it was anything as high / studs like Allen’s RRH

It was similar in cynicism to Bidwells though but Bidwells looked far worse as the ball had long gone where I think Taylor a Moore’s was just on the edge of ‘badly timed’ with the ball just gone

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Down right in front of me & I don’t think it was anything as high / studs like Allen’s RRH

It was similar in cynicism to Bidwells though but Bidwells looked far worse as the ball had long gone where I think Taylor a Moore’s was just on the edge of ‘badly timed’ with the ball just gone

From the angle I`ve got in the SS I`m looking from behind and slightly right of TM so it`s not always easy to see the contact (I had the same with Semenyo v Derby and had to wait for the replay to judge it properly) so I could well be wrong but like I said, my instant reaction was that he may well get a red for it. I think the lino was right on the spot though so it ought to be right.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

From the angle I`ve got in the SS I`m looking from behind and slightly right of TM so it`s not always easy to see the contact (I had the same with Semenyo v Derby and had to wait for the replay to judge it properly) so I could well be wrong but like I said, my instant reaction was that he may well get a red for it. I think the lino was right on the spot though so it ought to be right.

Don’t get me wrong , Whilst we were waiting for the card , I said to the lad next to me that this could be red depending on the ref

I understand it was the ref who gave us that extremely generous penalty for a late winner against QPR  last season.....

I like him

Bidwell unsuccessful in his appeal....

Shame

(Looks like he got an additional game for the appeal :laughcont:)

Swansea City's appeal of Jake Bidwell's red card in Saturday's goalless draw at Bristol City has been unsuccessful.

The left-back saw red during the closing stages at Ashton Gate, with referee Tony Harrington giving him his marching orders for a challenge on Niclas Eliasson.

Head coach Steve Cooper had made clear his unhappiness with the decision, and indicated the club would explore whether they could get the decision overturned.

The club submitted an appeal to the Football Association, but that has been rejected and Bidwell will now serve a three-match ban after the FA's regulatory commission deemed the sending off was not a case of wrongful dismissal.

It means the 26-year-old will miss Tuesday's Carabao Cup clash with Watford, as well as Championship fixtures against Reading and Charlton. 

The FA panel also awarded Ayew total marks of 37.5 for his 4 completed dives , with a distinction for additional drama 

Archived