IGNORED

crowd for Swansea

MattWSM

bear with me boring I know but i like doing this...:)

Capacity - 27 699 
Lansdown Stand - 10,832 
Atyeo Stand - 4,240 
Dolman Stand - 6,484
South Stand- 6,143

Based on the above and the city ticket site being correct:

Capacity - 27,699

Atyeo -  4,240 

Home area - 23, 459

Less current unsold 1500, 

Less approx usual seats not for initial sale (not sure where they are exactly) 1,500

Home area sold - 20,459

Plus away - 2,600 - assuming this is their alloc and they have sold them all?

Expected so far - 23,059?

could be 24000?

2 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

bear with me boring I know but i like doing this...:)

Capacity - 27 699 
Lansdown Stand - 10,832 
Atyeo Stand - 4,240 
Dolman Stand - 6,484
South Stand- 6,143

Based on the above and the city ticket site being correct:

Capacity - 27,699

Atyeo -  4,240 

Home area - 23, 459

Less current unsold 1500, 

Less approx usual seats not for initial sale (not sure where they are exactly) 1,500

Home area sold - 20,459

Plus away - 2,600 - assuming this is their alloc and they have sold them all?

Expected so far - 23,059?

could be 24000?

Swansea sold their allocation of 2,300.

This story from two days ago, just says that over 20,000 tickets have been sold. So that would suggest that less than 21,000 had been sold at that point otherwise surely they would have said so... 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/snap-up-your-swansea-tickets/

Don't see any reaosn why this shouldn't be a sell out personally. Both teams in great form, and sitting in the top four. Plus it's a local(ish) derby. No excuse not to be selling out really. 

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Over 21k sold now according to the website, with 1476 left on the ticketing site.

What a shame that the capacity for this game seems to be around 23k.

There'll be a lot more than 1476 left, they tend to sell the back rows of the Lansdown last of all and usually a bunch come up in the South Stand towards the end of the week.

1 minute ago, Homer Simpson said:

They should really get their act together and state the actual capacity.

When it was being built, the plans said 27k.

https://planningonline.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=MQQTQYDN00J00

Less likely with an Anglo-Welsh derby than say Barnsley v Leeds, but how do they manage?

1. They live in Bristol and have taken in some games as neutral- less likely than the above say.
  2. Friends loan them season ticket.
  3. They pay people for season tickets- I don't know can't make it, face value and a bit of extra for the privilege.
  4. They get mates with a Bristol City booking history to purchase it for them.
  5. They have mates who support City and turn up, but sit on their hands- but attending as mates jointly ie City v Swansea and are respectful, not displaying colours etc.

Sure there are many more ways but if you're innovative, have self-restraint and a bit of know how you can find loopholes/workarounds in this- and actually dare say in quite a few areas.

I do NOT endorse any of the above but certainly these are some of the methods I can think of. Hopefully the club will be on alert.

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Less likely with an Anglo-Welsh derby than say Barnsley v Leeds, but how do they manage?

1. They live in Bristol and have taken in some games as neutral- less likely than the above say.
  2. Friends loan them season ticket.
  3. They pay people for season tickets- I don't know can't make it, face value and a bit of extra for the privilege.
  4. They get mates with a Bristol City booking history to purchase it for them.
  5. They have mates who support City and turn up, but sit on their hands- but attending as mates jointly ie City v Swansea and are respectful, not displaying colours etc.

Sure there are many more ways but if you're innovative, have self-restraint and a bit of know how you can find loopholes/workarounds in this- and actually dare say in quite a few areas.

I do NOT endorse any of the above but certainly these are some of the methods I can think of. Hopefully the club will be on alert.

And how many Swansea fans are really going go to those lengths to get a ticket? If l’d hazard a guess at less than 100 if that.

4 minutes ago, bris red said:

And how many Swansea fans are really going go to those lengths to get a ticket? If l’d hazard a guess at less than 100 if that.

Yeah true, but I do believe that it can be pretty hard to police if people are sufficiently at it.

Plus the usual pattern with this is they mouth off online and draw attention to themselves- large numbers of away fans in home ends undercover. Not just Swansea but away fans in home ends in general.

I don't think getting a ticket is that hard, the SA post code covers the whole of Swansea, Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire and Ceredigion. I grew up in Pembrokeshire and before I had a season ticket or any booking history I had no issues getting a ticket for games against Cardiff/Swansea.

I just thought with last season's antics, top end clash, local(ish) game and general sale tickets that the Jacks would come up with a big following!

Archived