Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

MattWSM

crowd for Swansea

bear with me boring I know but i like doing this...:)

Capacity - 27 699 
Lansdown Stand - 10,832 
Atyeo Stand - 4,240 
Dolman Stand - 6,484
South Stand- 6,143

Based on the above and the city ticket site being correct:

Capacity - 27,699

Atyeo -  4,240 

Home area - 23, 459

Less current unsold 1500, 

Less approx usual seats not for initial sale (not sure where they are exactly) 1,500

Home area sold - 20,459

Plus away - 2,600 - assuming this is their alloc and they have sold them all?

Expected so far - 23,059?

could be 24000?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

bear with me boring I know but i like doing this...:)

Capacity - 27 699 
Lansdown Stand - 10,832 
Atyeo Stand - 4,240 
Dolman Stand - 6,484
South Stand- 6,143

Based on the above and the city ticket site being correct:

Capacity - 27,699

Atyeo -  4,240 

Home area - 23, 459

Less current unsold 1500, 

Less approx usual seats not for initial sale (not sure where they are exactly) 1,500

Home area sold - 20,459

Plus away - 2,600 - assuming this is their alloc and they have sold them all?

Expected so far - 23,059?

could be 24000?

Swansea sold their allocation of 2,300.

Capacity for this game will be approx 25k, with 2k empty in the Atyeo. 

Plus other areas have restrictions (10% of S82 etc) 

i expect about 24.5 is nearer capacity for this one. 

1 minute ago, pillred said:

I thought the capacity was 27.000, has there been any change to 27,699 if so where has the extra capacity come from?

That’s the “actual” number of seats, I believe. 

Capacity for football is 27,000 max though. 

• Thanks 1

This story from two days ago, just says that over 20,000 tickets have been sold. So that would suggest that less than 21,000 had been sold at that point otherwise surely they would have said so... 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/snap-up-your-swansea-tickets/

Don't see any reaosn why this shouldn't be a sell out personally. Both teams in great form, and sitting in the top four. Plus it's a local(ish) derby. No excuse not to be selling out really. 

24 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Potential sell out yet nearly half the  Atyeo remains empty. Bloody criminal 

Just trying to prevent a repeat of last year, which is entirely sensible

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Potential sell out yet nearly half the  Atyeo remains empty. Bloody criminal 

On the advice/orders of the police I expect particularly after last seasons ‘bloody criminal’ problems.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Over 21k sold now according to the website, with 1476 left on the ticketing site.

What a shame that the capacity for this game seems to be around 23k.

There'll be a lot more than 1476 left, they tend to sell the back rows of the Lansdown last of all and usually a bunch come up in the South Stand towards the end of the week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Homer Simpson said:

They should really get their act together and state the actual capacity.

When it was being built, the plans said 27k.

https://planningonline.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=MQQTQYDN00J00

Having to take my daughter to the game so have to move to W6. Gonna miss the Dolman. You cannot knock the view in the Lansdown but the atmosphere and picnics going on are pants

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sturman 1 said:

I can imagine a lot of Swansea fans in our ends this weekend.

How?

Less likely with an Anglo-Welsh derby than say Barnsley v Leeds, but how do they manage?

1. They live in Bristol and have taken in some games as neutral- less likely than the above say.
  2. Friends loan them season ticket.
  3. They pay people for season tickets- I don't know can't make it, face value and a bit of extra for the privilege.
  4. They get mates with a Bristol City booking history to purchase it for them.
  5. They have mates who support City and turn up, but sit on their hands- but attending as mates jointly ie City v Swansea and are respectful, not displaying colours etc.

Sure there are many more ways but if you're innovative, have self-restraint and a bit of know how you can find loopholes/workarounds in this- and actually dare say in quite a few areas.

I do NOT endorse any of the above but certainly these are some of the methods I can think of. Hopefully the club will be on alert.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Less likely with an Anglo-Welsh derby than say Barnsley v Leeds, but how do they manage?

1. They live in Bristol and have taken in some games as neutral- less likely than the above say.
  2. Friends loan them season ticket.
  3. They pay people for season tickets- I don't know can't make it, face value and a bit of extra for the privilege.
  4. They get mates with a Bristol City booking history to purchase it for them.
  5. They have mates who support City and turn up, but sit on their hands- but attending as mates jointly ie City v Swansea and are respectful, not displaying colours etc.

Sure there are many more ways but if you're innovative, have self-restraint and a bit of know how you can find loopholes/workarounds in this- and actually dare say in quite a few areas.

I do NOT endorse any of the above but certainly these are some of the methods I can think of. Hopefully the club will be on alert.

And how many Swansea fans are really going go to those lengths to get a ticket? If l’d hazard a guess at less than 100 if that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bris red said:

And how many Swansea fans are really going go to those lengths to get a ticket? If l’d hazard a guess at less than 100 if that.

Yeah true, but I do believe that it can be pretty hard to police if people are sufficiently at it.

Plus the usual pattern with this is they mouth off online and draw attention to themselves- large numbers of away fans in home ends undercover. Not just Swansea but away fans in home ends in general.

I don't think getting a ticket is that hard, the SA post code covers the whole of Swansea, Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire and Ceredigion. I grew up in Pembrokeshire and before I had a season ticket or any booking history I had no issues getting a ticket for games against Cardiff/Swansea.

I just thought with last season's antics, top end clash, local(ish) game and general sale tickets that the Jacks would come up with a big following!

Edited by Sturman 1

The club can take precautions- booking history, membership, postcode etc, but if people want to find a way and are wholly determined to, then they more than likely will.

There are plenty of sensible well behaved people who sit with home fans at away games. If you are quiet and anonymous it is neither risky nor irresponsible. 

• Like 3

Well this is it. It's perfectly possible with discretion and common sense.

Those who go gloating on social media or similar don't do those who you describe any favours though. Probably not advisable in derby games either or games where a non geographical grudge match has kicked in.

what is the maximum crowd with rugby  .... Bath v Bristol ... guessing 3k seats blocked out due to segregation :laugh: .. if football supporters could only behave.  

• Rovers 1

5 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

They should really get their act together and state the actual capacity.

When it was being built, the plans said 27k.

https://planningonline.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=MQQTQYDN00J00

Reductions on the actual total capacity are:

Standing areas reduced by 10%.

Segregation of Atyeo if there were home fans in it, usually means around 500 seats lost.

If only away side fans in Atyeo, then we seem to have settled on 2,300 max. This figure us probably related to such pathetic allocations from some of the bigger Championship clubs.

Other seat reductions may occur for extra TV cameras.

I believe that we should just accept that our maximum attendance's possible are 26,100 if Atyeo has home fans and about 25,400 if only away fans in Atyeo.

What we should be concentrating on as a club, is to increase our home attendances for all matches from approx 19,000 to 23,000. 

• Thanks 1

Nothing like 3k empty- Try 1,900 or thereabouts in the Atyeo, and that's for tactical and strategic reasons as well as safety.

Have you seen PL games, a couple of lines of stewards and police separating fans. 3,000 of segregation? Pfft.

There is a 10% reduction in Singing section but that's nothing to do with behaviour or segregation!

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

What we should be concentrating on as a club, is to increase our home attendances for all matches from approx 19,000 to 23,000. 

Getting there;

16/17  19,256

17/18  20,953

18/19  20,850

19/20  21,988 so far

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, swampy said:

what is the maximum crowd with rugby  .... Bath v Bristol ... guessing 3k seats blocked out due to segregation :laugh: .. if football supporters could only behave.  

14 minutes ago, swampy said:

Last season Bris v Bath was allegedly a sell out but still less than the two gates v Man U and Man City. Due to, I believe, four blocks, two at each end, being non reserved seats. 

I have a feeling that  the numbers of unreserved seats at rugby games may be reduced this season, but happy to be corrected on that one.

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Getting there;

16/17  19,256

17/18  20,953

18/19  20,850

19/20  21,988 so far

Those figures include away fans? I meant to increase home supporters.

Edited by cidered abroad

11 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Reductions on the actual total capacity are:

Standing areas reduced by 10%.

Segregation of Atyeo if there were home fans in it, usually means around 500 seats lost.

If only away side fans in Atyeo, then we seem to have settled on 2,300 max. This figure us probably related to such pathetic allocations from some of the bigger Championship clubs.

Other seat reductions may occur for extra TV cameras.

I believe that we should just accept that our maximum attendance's possible are 26,100 if Atyeo has home fans and about 25,400 if only away fans in Atyeo.

19,000? We averaged 21,000 last year.

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Last season Bris v Bath was allegedly a sell out but still less than the two gates v Man U and Man City. Due to, I believe, four blocks, two at each end, being non reserved seats. 

I have a feeling that  the numbers of unreserved seats at rugby games may be reduced this season, but happy to be corrected on that one.

Those figures include away fans?

The away average at AG last year was barely over 1,000.

1 minute ago, TuxHarry said:

As said above, I meant that we should get more home fans in as total gate figures include away fans. 

1 hour ago, TuxHarry said:

Will be chaos if any of them get up if they score in our end.

Exactly, that's the sole domain of Rudolf and KP!

• Haha 1

Will be a bumper crowd. I will be home in France watching on BCTV regrettably. If we win this one I for one will be moist around the gusset for our season.

50 minutes ago, swampy said:

Wrong forum again knobhead.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TuxHarry said:

The away average at AG last year was barely over 1,000.

After allowing for away fans, our average home support last year was a little over 19,300 (based on figures reported in local press/over tannoy at AG). This was actually down slightly from the previous season.

Unless you have an accurate figure of those through the turnstile at each game however the figures can be misleading. Home support can be skewed by the inclusion of ST holders regardless of whether they turn up, while away figures are heavily dependant on tickets allocated, time of game, distance to travel etc.

As an indicator I much prefer the % of ground available and the % filled. But if we are going to make comparisons on published figures then its the increase in home support which tells me we're growing as a club and away figures are irrelevant. 

We may have got away with one in this fixture. I see it's just been announced Swansea vs Cardiff fixtures are bubble matches this season 

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

swampy is not a knobhead,he is a Rugby follower

Well he acts like a knobhead John, as far as I know none of the football fans on here  feel the need to constantly go to the rugby forum to criticise their fans.

• Like 2