IGNORED

Brentford will it put you off,with it being LIVE on SKY?

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Still not sure what to think of these midweek games being LIVE on the red button

Sky presumably paid extra to being able to show championship midweek games live, so that's extra income.

Doubt it has any bearing on attendance, given that all championship clubs stream those games for live viewing anyway. So anybody wanting to watch on TV, rather than attend, would use that medium if Sky red button not available.

5 hours ago, swampy said:

£25 a ticket.  £3 programme.  £25 food and drink.  £60 train ticket.  12 hours on the road losing income.  Bedtime after 2am .... missus moans :laugh:!  Red button a no brainer!!

You know, an 'of course I am going' or 'actually being in the away end - priceless' would have been a much better if less true punchline!!!

Since the red button option has been around its only stopped me going to home games. By the time I get home from work I am often struggling to get to Ashton Gate for kick off and decide to watch it at home rather than rush and miss KO.

Im going to Brentford and would never choose to watch an away game on tv rather than going if i get a chance of a half day from work.

26 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Tickets bought today, quick question, can you get to Brentford by tube from Paddington ?

https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/results?InputFrom=Paddington&FromId=1000174&InputTo=Brentford+Football+Club%2C+Braemar+Road%2C+Brentford%2C+UK&To=Brentford+Football+Club%2C+Braemar+Road%2C+Brentford%2C+UK&ToId=51.487789154052734%2C-0.302286297082901

Yes, you can get there by tube, and bus. A few changes on the tube though. 

Archived