Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Never to the dark side

Brentford will it put you off,with it being LIVE on SKY?

11 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Still not sure what to think of these midweek games being LIVE on the red button

I think it’s excellent when City are playing away midweek.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Still not sure what to think of these midweek games being LIVE on the red button

Sky presumably paid extra to being able to show championship midweek games live, so that's extra income.

Doubt it has any bearing on attendance, given that all championship clubs stream those games for live viewing anyway. So anybody wanting to watch on TV, rather than attend, would use that medium if Sky red button not available.

Am in London mid-week - so am all over this...

Don't really understand the issue tbh and cannot believe it materially affects attendance figs. Watching the game on the red button is a million miles from being in the Away End.

What puts me off going is the probable problems with parking around the stadium & despite having a blue badge it’s not going to be any easier to park there.

£25 a ticket.  £3 programme.  £25 food and drink.  £60 train ticket.  12 hours on the road losing income.  Bedtime after 2am .... missus moans :laugh:!  Red button a no brainer!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

What puts me off going is the probable problems with parking around the stadium & despite having a blue badge it’s not going to be any easier to park there.

Just like every home game! 😉

13 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Just like every home game! 😉

But I’ve paid for a spot on a locals drive way in Ashton, so I know where I’m parking for every home game 😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, swampy said:

£25 a ticket.  £3 programme.  £25 food and drink.  £60 train ticket.  12 hours on the road losing income.  Bedtime after 2am .... missus moans :laugh:!  Red button a no brainer!!

If you’re paying £60 to go to London on the train then you’re doing it wrong!

5 hours ago, swampy said:

You know, an 'of course I am going' or 'actually being in the away end - priceless' would have been a much better if less true punchline!!!

• Like 1

Since the red button option has been around its only stopped me going to home games. By the time I get home from work I am often struggling to get to Ashton Gate for kick off and decide to watch it at home rather than rush and miss KO.

Im going to Brentford and would never choose to watch an away game on tv rather than going if i get a chance of a half day from work.

No - but then again I don't have sky.

I usually buy a ticket for the terrace but have splashed out for the upper tier this time. Is silver service included up there :yawn:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Tickets bought today, quick question, can you get to Brentford by tube from Paddington ?

https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/results?InputFrom=Paddington&FromId=1000174&InputTo=Brentford+Football+Club%2C+Braemar+Road%2C+Brentford%2C+UK&To=Brentford+Football+Club%2C+Braemar+Road%2C+Brentford%2C+UK&ToId=51.487789154052734%2C-0.302286297082901

Yes, you can get there by tube, and bus. A few changes on the tube though. 

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Thanks 1

Buzzing for this one, somehow not been to griffin park before so I’m just in time. Also kicks off the season of London fixtures for newly relocated Buckinghamshire based fan like myself

• Like 1

Nope, me and the boy going. £29 for two tickets on the terrace. £40 for minibus, £70 for tickets and transport for two 👍 

• Like 1

Got my ticket through the post today. I'm upstairs in the seated bit, too short for the terraces. COYRs

Exciting video taken from National Express of Griffin Park and their new stadium

Edited by exAtyeoMax

Last time to go to griffin park . My great grandfather was chairman of Brentford from what my dad told me - he’s now passed away and so the kids wanted to go in his memory . 

Soon they’ll not know what an old fashioned football ground is like as they’ve been spoilt a little with Ashton gate . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

Up from Southampton, not sure where i will be parking.

Check out Lionel Rd North. Short walk to the ground.

Need to get there a while before K.O though.

9 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Check out Lionel Rd North. Short walk to the ground.

Need to get there a while before K.O though.

Thanks, Frenchay Red.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Up from Southampton, not sure where i will be parking.

I've used Your Parking Space website and paid for a spot in a hotel. 'Only' £7.50 but (hopefully) saves me the effort of finding somewhere when I may be getting there just before ko

• Thanks 1

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 21:23, weepywall said:

Tickets bought today, quick question, can you get to Brentford by tube from Paddington ?

If already in London; direct on the surface from Waterloo. Journey takes thirty mins. Departures at 18.07, 18.22 and 18.37.

55 mins journeys starting at 18.15 and 18.45.

Going back  the 22.08 from Brentford takes 55 mins, but the 22.09 (just one min later) takes thirty mins.

• Thanks 1

Bought terrace ticket his morning....so not sold out yet.....

Expecting a big crows due to all the London Reds + farewell to Griff park and one of the last standing terraces.

If you are a real ale drinker I can recommend the Black Dog down Albany Road nr MacDonalds

• Like 1

On 19/09/2019 at 12:41, arrytheb said:

I've used Your Parking Space website and paid for a spot in a hotel. 'Only' £7.50 but (hopefully) saves me the effort of finding somewhere when I may be getting there just before ko

Thanks for sharing ! Just done the same - paid £8 for a spot 3/4 mile away . There were still a few spaces left in and around the area 

• Like 1

Sky doesn't have The Griffin, Fullers Bitter, and  walk of all of 10 yards to join a thousand plus City fans having a good night out. Have bought tickets for me , my son and my brother, really looking forward to it

COYRs ( or whites or preferably purple and lime)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Has it sold out? Or is there something wrong with the website?

Screenshot 2019-09-23 at 19.52.16.png

Sold out apart from the two disabled tickets

I bought some yesterday and noticed the number dropping pretty sharpish during the morning

10 hours ago, Punkymatt said:

My tkt email says I have tkts in the Brook Road Stand, anyone know how I can tell if I’m on the terracing? Really looking forward to the game. 

@Punkymatt you can tell by the price you paid

image.png

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sold out apart from the two disabled tickets

I bought some yesterday and noticed the number dropping pretty sharpish during the morning

@Punkymatt you can tell by the price you paid

image.png

will be a good turnout for the last trip to Griffin Park! So looking forward to it. :city:

13 hours ago, Punkymatt said:

My tkt email says I have tkts in the Brook Road Stand, anyone know how I can tell if I’m on the terracing? Really looking forward to the game. 

You should have had the option to purchase the seating (upstairs) and the terrace (downstairs). The seating costs more. 

1 hour ago, CityLew said:

You should have had the option to purchase the seating (upstairs) and the terrace (downstairs). The seating costs more. 

Cheers @CityLew and @phantom wish I’d paid more attention as I’m in the seated bit grrrrr. 

• Like 2