IGNORED

BCTV

Drew Peacock

31 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Has anyone used this when on an aeroplane?

I would be interested to know how you got on?

Also, do you know how many MB a game takes?

You're looking at somewhere between 600mb and 1GB for an hour of streaming via mobile network, so for 2 hours for the game no more than 2GB should be fine.

Talking about RobinsTV....there are two aspects that maybe someone here can clarify to me:

- the midweek matches are broadcasted by Sky (red button) and also by RobinsTV, but I can't watch a match that is sold to a channel of my country, right?

- the OS says that the monthly subscription can be cancelled from the user's account: is it possible to ''reactivate'' the subscription some months later from the account, or is it necessary to send an e-mail, register again or use other methods?

4 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Many times. Over the domestic USA its pretty reliable for audio. Video can be a little more spotty but that can be similar watching us on your phone while driving. Someone else behind the wheel of course!!

I've just run with auto renewal for my overseas subscription.  I can't find any audio coverage on the site for those days when the Murcian wifi isn't running strongly enough to stream live video feed.  Also, if I'm out and about and having to jump onto the village bars wifi (not a very strong service) I used to be able to listen live and accept the fact that I couldn't watch the game live.

Is this because they've done away with the audio stream altogether on BCTV?  If so, I missed that snippet of information.  Gracias for any info - CTID

14 hours ago, Dan Robin said:

- the midweek matches are broadcasted by Sky (red button) and also by RobinsTV, but I can't watch a match that is sold to a channel of my country, right?

Not even. Many of these games are not broadcast on any channel in Canada. Unfortunately it's audio only. 

Stevo

21 hours ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

I've just run with auto renewal for my overseas subscription.  I can't find any audio coverage on the site for those days when the Murcian wifi isn't running strongly enough to stream live video feed.  Also, if I'm out and about and having to jump onto the village bars wifi (not a very strong service) I used to be able to listen live and accept the fact that I couldn't watch the game live.

Is this because they've done away with the audio stream altogether on BCTV?  If so, I missed that snippet of information.  Gracias for any info - CTID

I had this problem, in fact audio is still available via BCFC site but not RobinsTV the clue is in bold type .

And the only way I can find the audio channel on the main site via laptop is to go into the FAQs and find the audio button there. Anyone else have problems finding it?

Also, who decided to make the dog digital on screen graphic) is Robins TV that big in top right hand corner? No wonder it's now free to watch if that is the quality of the video.

On 16/09/2019 at 11:45, Drew Peacock said:

Have successfully streamed from an internal US flights where the picture wasn’t great but not bad for 30,000ft. They are pretty well equipped for inflight WiFi on those type of flights. 

Tried a few times on Virgin Atlantic to catch the end of matches after streaming on mobile data and it’s hopeless and expensive - in fact I wouldn’t bother with their WiFi at all

1 hour ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Was gonna mention you on Saturday mate when moaning about the set up they had running. Having listened in on osib, think you'd do a great job.

Let’s wait and see. I think I’d enjoy it, would  certainly get passionate that’s for sure. Watch this space. 

On 16/09/2019 at 19:47, old_eastender said:

and I though they were awful, David Lloyd's voice sounded flat throughout and the chats with Lisa, were basically sharing opinions, not commentary on the match at all!

I quite liked the commentary myself. It was a bit like the Old Grey Whistle Test from the 70s. Whispering Bob Harris, with Annie Nightingale adding a few thoughts a few feet away from the mike. Quite soothing.

Archived