Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

The Original OTIB

Nantwich

What did you make of Stoke?

I really like them. Obviously, I live in Nantwich anyway, that's where my wife's from.

News to me, or is this a Whoosh moment? I guess he kept his place up there from Oldham days.

Edited by The Original OTIB
edit

I was surprised when I read this in the press over the weekend, as I thought his wife was local to where I live originally. With regards his Stoke comments, think he was saying all the right things, as he knows Jones & his friend will definitely be under pressure. COYR 

A mate of mine was an estate agent when Johnson was a city player and said he was always very active in the property market. I have no idea how many properties he owns now but I would suggest a fair few. 

This topic has been discussed very recently.......

LJ has a property empire based largely in the Clifton area which is very handy for him to whizz over the bridge and be in Failand in around 8 mins - I should know as used drive the same route every work day along Beggar Bush Lane.

LJs family home is in Nantwich, his wife’s home town but he’s hardly going to commute daily from Cheshire. 

He almost certainly stays in one of his properties in Clifton Village. I worked there for years and regularly saw him and Joe Jordon in and around the village.

• Rovers 3

1 hour ago, Bobbie said:

A mate of mine was an estate agent when Johnson was a city player and said he was always very active in the property market. I have no idea how many properties he owns now but I would suggest a fair few. 

Given his size you'd think LJ would be very happy with one house, and a small one at that 🤔

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Nantwich is gurt nice. I lived in the devil's arsecrevice, known as Crewe...what a contrast.

Burton upon Trent must be a big improvement then!

3 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Nantwich is gurt nice. I lived in the devil's arsecrevice, known as Crewe...what a contrast.

Ouch, you have my deepest sympathies. Although it's still not as bad as Stoke.

Nantwich is lovely though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

My bruv-in-law lives just outside Nantwich, in Aston.  Went for a lovely bite to eat in the Cholmondeley Arms.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Compared to Handsworth, in Brum, Crewe is like Baden Baden.

55 minutes ago, Leveller said:

If the family home is Nantwich, how come he allegedly had to move when receiving threats a while back?

I wondered if they relocated the family there from Bristol after getting the threats.

• Hmmm 1

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

This topic has been discussed very recently.......

LJ has a property empire based largely in the Clifton area which is very handy for him to whizz over the bridge and be in Failand in around 8 mins - I should know as used drive the same route every work day along Beggar Bush Lane.

LJs family home is in Nantwich, his wife’s home town but he’s hardly going to commute daily from Cheshire. 

He almost certainly stays in one of his properties in Clifton Village. I worked there for years and regularly saw him and Joe Jordon in and around the village.

Chinese Whispers, right there...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My bruv-in-law lives just outside Nantwich, in Aston.  Went for a lovely bite to eat in the Cholmondeley Arms.

I've been in there, used to be well known for it's vast amount of gins

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

sold to a Mr. A. Curbishley I believe...….

3 hours ago, wood_red said:

Looks a bit like wild speculation to me.... 

Looks like common sense to me.................:cool2:

3 hours ago, wood_red said:

Looks a bit like wild speculation to me.... 

Like most of his comments

35 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Looks like common sense to me.................:cool2:

Looks like you are quoting your thoughts as facts to me...

If his family home is indeed Nantwich I doubt he spends much time there. Training every day at Failand and most weekends actually playing. I travel quite a lot for work but am home every weekend. 

23 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I presume you're mentioning the one that used to be the village school? It's pretty good but there are much better in the area. There are quite a few Bristolians in the area even a gashead I have tried to bait several times, he don't bite. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

I presume you're mentioning the one that used to be the village school? It's pretty good but there are much better in the area. There are quite a few Bristolians in the area even a gashead I have tried to bait several times, he don't bite. 

That be the one.  If there are much better ones in the area, then you are truly spoilt.  Lucky sod!!

I’ve  picked Mrs Johnson up from an address in Stoke Bishop which I presumed to be the family home. Didn’t have a clue who she was until she told me her husband was in Sports Management in response to something I told her. Then it sort of clicked. Very nice lady. 

Nantwich CC were playing at Lords in the Final of the National Club Knockout, hence liking the tweet, it was of the team entering the field of play at the home of cricket. Rather akin to BMF playing at Wembley.

• Like 1