England summer cricket internationals

14 minutes ago, TomF said:

Could easily cop a one match ban. Imagine Vince opening in a World Cup final :facepalm:

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Aye. I'd rather give Moeen a go, even if he is horribly out of nick.

Or Jos. Athers was saying earlier he could put the game out of sight in the first ten overs.

Or get a first-baller from Trent Boult of course!

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interested to see channel 4 are to show the final live but they're scheduled to show the British grand prix too...

Starts on C4 and moves to More4 when Grand Prix is on and then back to C4

Roy’s ticked off but not banned 

Just got back from Edgbaston.

Great day out at the cricket and well worth it. Terrific atmosphere throughout both innings and when the Aussies were 3 down for very little the buzz around Edgbaston was fantastic. 

The Aussie score of 223 was nowhere near par and England cruised to an easy victory, despite Barstow wasting the review when he was plumb lbw.......:facepalm: and that ultimately cost Roy his wicket on 85 when he was nowhere the ball.

Great chant towards the end of  “Warner, Warner, what’s the score?” went  up..........:rofl2br:

A long and tiring day but well worth the early rise  and £90 ticket price........

Hi guys, I profess to admit, I dont watch much of cricket. Watched todays game and whoop whoop we're in the finals.

Although I need to ask, cos I cant seem to find why online (did a brief look, it wasnt obvious) So I'm asking if any of you knowledgeable folk know why reviews in cricket are limited? I am the UN-informative one after all, even in football IoI)

If it was Football it would've gone straight to VAR and Roy wouldnt in the end be declared out.

During the whole day of play, there wasnt really much call for reviews, so why is it limited?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: cant someone please change the "IoI" to just initially be the letters IoI? Instead of : laugh :

Edited by CrazyInWeston
1 minute ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Hi guys, I profess to admit, I dont watch much of cricket. Watched todays game and whoop whoop we're in the finals.

Although I need to ask, cos I cant seem to find why online (did a brief look, it wasnt obvious) So I'm asking if any of you knowledgeable folk know why reviews in cricket are limited? I am the UN-informative one after all, even in football :laugh:)

If it was Football it would've gone straight to VAR and Roy wouldnt in the end be declared out.

During the whole day of play, there wasnt really much call for reviews, so why is it limited?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: cant someone please change the ":laugh:" to just initially be the letters :laugh:?

Each side only has one review - if they review and they’re successful they retain the review for future use. The only slight variation is on LBW where if the call is umpires call it stays with the umpires decision but whoever called the review - either batsmen who was given out by umpire or fielding side who didn’t get the decision - retain it for later.  Aus used theirs up in second over when Finch was given out LBW but reviewed it and was still out.  England twice reviewed LBWs not given but retained it because umpires call in both.

Run outs are down to the umpire who can call as many reviews on that as he likes - alongside debatable catches although the umpire usually gives a soft decision of what they think happened in/out and then the 3rd umpire has to have proof that their is evidence to overturn it 

Test cricket you get 2 a side, which then get reset (ie another 2) every 80 overs. 

I hope VAR eventually becomes as well oiled at reviews in cricket as generally it runs quickly and efficiently.