Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

England summer cricket internationals

42 minutes ago, hodge said:

Joe Root (c), Moeen Ali, Rory Burns, Sam Curran, Jonny Bairstow, Stuart Broad, Joe Denly, Jack Leach, Jason Roy, Olly Stone, Chris Woakes

Can Lewis now be released to play for Somerset?

Who is 12th man?

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Who is 12th man?

You'd presume it'll be Lewis, but would be nice for us if he's released to play for us and England do their thing of calling upon local players to be sub fielders.

I had a look for tickets for the Ashes, going for over £200 per day!! So that isn't happening but what is happening is I'm going to take in New Zealand v England test match in New Zealand from November 21st!!

Tickets for a one-dayer in New Zealand v India were £20, so I'm hopeful of not paying over a grand to watch a full test match.

48 minutes ago, hodge said:

You'd presume it'll be Lewis, but would be nice for us if he's released to play for us and England do their thing of calling upon local players to be sub fielders.

Do the new rules re. sub players for in-match injuries and the like where you can bring in an `equivalent` player  apply in The Ashes series though? If they do, England will surely want to keep a couple of decent subs around and Lewis being able to bowl and bat would probably be one of them.

4 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I had a look for tickets for the Ashes, going for over £200 per day!! So that isn't happening but what is happening is I'm going to take in New Zealand v England test match in New Zealand from November 21st!!

Tickets for a one-dayer in New Zealand v India were £20, so I'm hopeful of not paying over a grand to watch a full test match.

It’s mental money- 5 of us had tickets for all 5 days in St Lucia and didn’t cost much more than the cost of 1day in this country. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Spoonbed said:

It’s mental money- 5 of us had tickets for all 5 days in St Lucia and didn’t cost much more than the cost of 1day in this country. 

I honestly didn't realise it was that ridiculous, I'd assumed all tickets would of sold ages ago & only stumbled upon them while searching for other tickets.

I could basically pay for my return flights to New Zealand & get tickets for all 5 days of the test for the price of going to 1 day of an Ashes test here!

I've had my worry of the vast majority of kids never playing cricket because of the tv situation & thought the World Cup Final being aired on Channel 4 was a massive positive but how can this encourage kids to watch & then take part in the sport when they are so heavily priced out of seeing the stars of the game? We could start losing generations because they simply aren't even aware of what cricket is! I was lucky, I am of an age where all home test matches were shown on the BBC & spent most of my summer holidays down my local park playing cricket with my mates but nowadays the parks are empty, no kids playing cricket or football & it's a sad state of affairs.

19 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Really?

I just booked 2 tickets for day 2 of old Trafford test, £67 each

was a few other tickets left and seemed to be tickets on other days, just went through Lancashire website

26 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Really?

I just booked 2 tickets for day 2 of old Trafford test, £67 each

was a few other tickets left and seemed to be tickets on other days, just went through Lancashire website

As I said, I was looking for tickets to another event & these popped up at over £200 each for one day. I just thought it was astronomical (which it is).

I guess it’s a problem caused by all these different ticket sites & venues not making the effort to make sure that tickets end up going in the right hands. It’s long been a problem.

12 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

As I said, I was looking for tickets to another event & these popped up at over £200 each for one day. I just thought it was astronomical (which it is).

I guess it’s a problem caused by all these different ticket sites & venues not making the effort to make sure that tickets end up going in the right hands. It’s long been a problem.

I think that it is more to do with the fact they sold out ages ago

I was offered tickets to any of the days at The Oval for £35 a few weeks back

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ireland seem quite suited, on the bowling front at least to these conditions. Probably similar over there plus quite a lot have played County cricket here!

Well how many years has Murtagh bowled at Lords?

Quite funny how Bairstow doesn't seem to understand the rule about where he can stand 

Just now, hodge said:

Well how many years has Murtagh bowled at Lords?

Quite funny how Bairstow doesn't seem to understand the rule about where he can stand 

Ha yes, had forgotten about that.

Thought they had the core of a reasonable Test team a few years ago. Porterfield-Stirling-Joyce-O'Brien-Morgan-O'Brien-Murtagh-Rankin-Dockrell. Came too late for some and then there were some others who we acquired.

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Dear oh dear

What sort of shot was that

Add a World Cup come down to our batting frailties and if we aren’t careful we could get a hammering from Aussies

To be fair the Aussies lost 17 wickets in a day in their in squad practice game

We might have come a long way in one day cricket but thanks to one day an T20 there is hardly a top order batsmen left not being produced that has the technique against a moving ball 

This is embarrassing

42 for 6

Really ?

Not sure where we go batting line up now tbh

Edited by BobBobSuperBob