Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

TomF

England summer cricket internationals

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Was she ?

Oh ok

Well let’s hope we can get Warner out at some point then 

It didn’t look like it hit the bat. Not sure if you’ve seen it. The noise wasn’t the ball hitting the bat in my opinion. It was something else. It’s an issue with snicko. 

37 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Crazy decision from Buttler. No need for that 

First class average of mid 20s I think so he can definitely bat 

Was thinking more top level

Average of 7.2 in tests, and 3.25 in ODI's

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If we can get Smith early...

He's got another 100 runs to go before we can talk about getting him early

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Has an opening batsman ever had a worse Ashes series than Warner? We say some of our batsmen are walking wickets but this guy has taken it to another level... 

Think they said he was averaging 9 this series.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Super said:

Think they said he was averaging 9 this series.

Before today he had scored 79 at an average of 9.87

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Has an opening batsman ever had a worse Ashes series than Warner? We say some of our batsmen are walking wickets but this guy has taken it to another level... 

From BBC live text:

"David Warner has scored 84 runs at an average of 9.33 in the series.

He is in real danger of having the lowest aggregate total for an opening batsman in a Test series having batted at least 10 times. John D'Arcy currently has that record from 1958 against England with 136 runs in 10 innings."

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

From BBC live text:

"David Warner has scored 84 runs at an average of 9.33 in the series.

He is in real danger of having the lowest aggregate total for an opening batsman in a Test series having batted at least 10 times. John D'Arcy currently has that record from 1958 against England with 136 runs in 10 innings."

You love to see it 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RedDave said:

It didn’t look like it hit the bat. Not sure if you’ve seen it. The noise wasn’t the ball hitting the bat in my opinion. It was something else. It’s an issue with snicko. 

Warner has said that he hit it. Strange though as I didn't think he did.

Edited by Super

Couple of great catches. Was funny when nasser asked warne where he took the most abuse and he said without doubt Somerset! :laugh:

• Like 2

Definitely England`s day despite those late couple of wickets. A shame Joe Denly didn`t get his maiden ton but there`s a lot more to come from him I think.

374 ahead with two wickets left and we don`t have to face a nervy ten minutes tonight.

It was great to hear Jack cheered to the rafters when he walked out too, he`s really becoming a crowd favourite.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Couple of great catches. Was funny when nasser asked warne where he took the most abuse and he said without doubt Somerset! :laugh:

Everyone gets it at Taunton, he`s nothing special!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Super said:

That happened right in front of me, the blokes concerned got kicked out of the ground. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Definitely England`s day despite those late couple of wickets. A shame Joe Denly didn`t get his maiden ton but there`s a lot more to come from him I think.

374 ahead with two wickets left and we don`t have to face a nervy ten minutes tonight.

It was great to hear Jack cheered to the rafters when he walked out too, he`s really becoming a crowd favourite.

Everyone gets it at Taunton, he`s nothing special!

During the last 10 minutes of the day, songs of 'stand up if you love Jack Leach' rang round the Oval, which progressed into 'shoes off'.

A good lead but I would like another 30 runs to put the game out of sight. Our inability to get Smith out and Australia having two days makes me a bit nervous! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coppello said:

During the last 10 minutes of the day, songs of 'stand up if you love Jack Leach' rang round the Oval, which progressed into 'shoes off'.

A good lead but I would like another 30 runs to put the game out of sight. Our inability to get Smith out and Australia having two days makes me a bit nervous! 

There was a lovely shot of Joe Root on the balcony applauding that gorgeous on drive that almost went for four.

8 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I think leach will bowl really well tomorrow. 5 wickets i predict!

9 minutes ago, Super said:

I think leach will bowl really well tomorrow. 5 wickets i predict!

I hope so. He's got a lot of plaudits this Ashes but probably not for the part of the game that he would like. 

• Like 1

Great to see Warner as Broads bunny just as Gilchrist was for Flintoff and Atherton for McGrath............:facepalm:

Mentioned this the other day, but I think it deserves repeating:

"David Warner finishes with 95 runs at 9.5. That is the lowest aggregate total opening the batting in a series of 10 innings ever. The previous lowest was 136."

27 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Mentioned this the other day, but I think it deserves repeating:

"David Warner finishes with 95 runs at 9.5. That is the lowest aggregate total opening the batting in a series of 10 innings ever. The previous lowest was 136."

Broads Bunny. Even Leach has an average of 13.5! 

• Like 1

Leach has his first. Great delivery and excellent stumping from Bairstow. 

When Wade came in, Bairstow's sledge was picked up clearly on the stump mic 'Come on Leachy, we've got a shit stirrer here, let's go!' 

Edited by Coppello
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Another one for Jack, 263/9.

And another and that`s game over. A fourfer for Jack - any chance he can come back for tomorrow and play v Hampshire now? London to Southampton ain`t far.

On 31/07/2019 at 11:40, hodge said:

2-2, severe doubts on our batting to win over 50% of the tests, will come down to whether we can stop the Aussies winning 2 tests

🤷‍♂️