Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

England summer cricket internationals

Having not read every post on this thread, and not seen it mentioned, has anyone watched the 4 programmes on Kevin Pietersen?

I thought the Michael Carberry bit was very interesting, this thing that if you weren’t a starter, you were basically treated like a cleaner! So if you were in the squad but not playing in Australia during that tour, the unused players were expected by the playing players to clean up after them, collect the water bottles etc.

It’s no wonder we struggled so much in that tour when players were making other players inferior & KP’s admittance that he was worried to throw the ball back to Jimmy Anderson at the top of his mark in case he threw it back wrong & would then get ‘the look’ & players dropping catches would get lots of abuse!

I’m not sure what it’s like now but considering Broad & Anderson were two that were singled out for handing out such treatment, I’d be surprised if it’s totally left the set-up? It shows as being an elitist set-up & I’d suggest this has come about because of the centrally contracted players thinking they’re better than the rest & it really can’t be beneficial to anyone to have newcomers feeling like they aren’t welcome!!

It seems like the players involved then made for a very toxic atmosphere which is surprising considering we beat the Aussies only 3 months earlier & I hope this has now been removed from our set-up!

• Like 1

So starts with umpires not pressing the ball through the right yesterday like they were when we asked, they tried every way possible to get it through yesterday. Then they give the Aussies what look like a much better ball then 60 overs old, they get 2 1/2 degrees more swing and surprise, surprise it brings a wicket. Aussies have got so ******* lucky there 

So the balls aren't even from the same batch of balls, un-****ing believable given there's a recognised difference between the 2. 

I know everyone does it but I don't think the players should be allowed to go to the umpire to badger them to change the ball, chuck the ball to the umpire at the end of the over, he inspects it and chucks it back if it looks right, if something may be wrong then they can check it.

Avoided commenting on him till now , so not to tempt fate ,   but What a brilliant innings by Burns

Gutsy , composed , in the biggest of pressures 

Haven’t  been greatly impressed previously but hats off to you Sir

Magnificent test innings 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Avoided commenting on him till now , so not to tempt fate ,   but What a brilliant innings by Burns

Gutsy , composed , in the biggest of pressures 

Haven’t  been greatly impressed previously but hats off to you Sir

Magnificent test innings 

Tim Paine has already named 15 that are better.

• Haha 3
On 01/08/2019 at 17:53, Robbored said:

They’ll be all out for around 250 roughly 150 short of a decent score at Edgbaston.

That will be a good days work from England.

On 01/08/2019 at 18:02, Robbored said:

We’ll see Bob......

Well Robbo

I couldn’t post on this as the day unfolded as I am terrible for tempting fate

The Aussies bowled pretty well and we had a tad of luck here n there ,(But they had the ball change)

and Id say  

Fair play - Your prediction appears spot on and very much 1-0 to you !