IGNORED

Bobby Hutchinson at the 3 lions.

Oh Louie louie

1 hour ago, swanker said:

Use to like Hutchinson. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a player with so much energy, he didn’t stop running. Fond memories of his time with us!

Seconded. Bobby H wasn’t the most celebrated of that team with Glyn Riley, Biff, Walshie and others to contend with but he was my undoubted favourite. I’m too young for Gow, so Hutch was my first experience of a proper high energy midfielder in our side. For years, and until very recently, he was in my best city squad.

The one downside of being at the level we are these days is that it’s far harder to find space on an impartial basis for your Rileys, Nevilles, Pritchards and Hutches in a best XI but they’ll always be special to those of us who were there

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Seconded. Bobby H wasn’t the most celebrated of that team with Glyn Riley, Biff, Walshie and others to contend with but he was my undoubted favourite. I’m too young for Gow, so Hutch was my first experience of a proper high energy midfielder in our side. For years, and until very recently, he was in my best city squad.

The one downside of being at the level we are these days is that it’s far harder to find space on an impartial basis for your Rileys, Nevilles, Pritchards and Hutches in a best XI but they’ll always be special to those of us who were there

Agreed, one of those all round midfield players it was hard to fault. Terrific in the air for a midfielder too, I remember one great header from a corner away to Gillingham, when we won 4-1. 

Archived