IGNORED

The COD Peace

where's the joy

OK so now we have tied him down, and made peace over his contract; what do want from him and where should he play?

When he first broke through i was enthralled with his power, balance, and touch.

Since then i have only seen him play well either in a middle of midfield position or as a defender.

As a winger or wide man he has underwhelmed.

Spending an entire season on the bench would be a waste of everybody's time

Can we Bobby Reid him by finding that new perfect slot for him?

Personally i think he could make a great full back 

Could he replace Baker at centre back or play striker.

i would really like to see this lad come through before its too late

what would you do to maximise his potential? 

I would have him left wing back. I think he has more attributes than Rowe. Thought he was very comfortable at left back against Boro when he came on. And of course got forward and took his man on to get a ball in for Rowe's header.

Liking the post title.

One thing he has nearly always done since he has been here is gain yards up the pitch. He's good at carrying the ball deeper into the opponents half and nicking a thrown in/corner/drawing a foul.

I'm glad he has signed as there is definitely more there. As JD says above, he could make a decent wing back in the current system in Dasilva's absence.

42 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I would have him left wing back. I think he has more attributes than Rowe. Thought he was very comfortable at left back against Boro when he came on. And of course got forward and took his man on to get a ball in for Rowe's header.

I’d like to see odowda against teams at the bottom play wing back over Rowe 

Left back..... In  the changing rooms! Hahaha so funny and original me.

Anyway I think it's a  good question. He may struggle to get in the side as we have good players in his position already... although he is clearly a good footballer he does need to add more end product to make it at the highest level...

Surprised at some comments about Rowe because what I hope we can all see that he offers the guts and determination (of an ex-captain at Doncaster) as well as football skills and nowse, proved by his assists and goals. We could do with this throughout the team if we are to be credible promotion candidates. We just need to be harder. Whereas COD has shown us lack of guts and determination. Hope this changes but Rowe already has these attributes.

2 hours ago, where's the joy said:

OK so now we have tied him down, and made peace over his contract; what do want from him and where should he play?

When he first broke through i was enthralled with his power, balance, and touch.

Since then i have only seen him play well either in a middle of m markidfield position or as a defender.

Are you basing that on his continuing inability to concentrate on his marker or endless pussying out of tackles?

He's useless off the ball, if we want to get value out of him we need to play him further forward than midfield where he can use his pace on the break or in behind. 

I do like COD and he was one of our best players before his injury. However, his best chance the way things stand is as a wing back.  Time will tell whether he has the defensive attributes for that role or weather he actually wants to play there.

Remember that he is still young and will improve with experience. I've also noted but he is somewhat physically stronger than he was when he joined us too.

Hopefully now this contract saga is over he can relax and we get the best out of him could see him best working LF in a 4-3-3 to mix it up at home games or if we get a injury to palmer or a striker.

Saw him in cabot circus yesterday and he was very friendly , fair play to the guy! 

10 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Surprised at some comments about Rowe because what I hope we can all see that he offers the guts and determination (of an ex-captain at Doncaster) as well as football skills and nowse, proved by his assists and goals. We could do with this throughout the team if we are to be credible promotion candidates. We just need to be harder. Whereas COD has shown us lack of guts and determination. Hope this changes but Rowe already has these attributes.

Fair point, I like Rowe and would have him above o dowda at the moment for most of the games. But I think we’ve got the opportunity to use o dowda against teams towards the bottom whose inclination will be to sit back....feel he might be able to provide a bit more attacking threat. Then when we’re 5-0 up, bring on Rowe to tighten things up ?

Can drift in and out I think which is a good tool to have.

Was thinking this earlier but maybe something like:

Brownhill Nagy Massengo

Palmer O'Dowda

Weimann

The precise positioning would need some work but that looks very fluid to me- Brownhill can in some phases pull out to the right to help guard against 2 v 1, O'Dowda to the left- Weimann centreally is ideal but he can pull wider along the forward line, the control of Nagy, the great raw young talent of Massengo, the directness of Palmer.

I'd be intrigued to see how this goes. This is of course if the terrible Afobe news/rumour is true.

On 19/09/2019 at 09:41, Mr Popodopolous said:

Can drift in and out I think which is a good tool to have.

Was thinking this earlier but maybe something like:

Brownhill Nagy Massengo

Palmer O'Dowda

Weimann

The precise positioning would need some work but that looks very fluid to me- Brownhill can in some phases pull out to the right to help guard against 2 v 1, O'Dowda to the left- Weimann centreally is ideal but he can pull wider along the forward line, the control of Nagy, the great raw young talent of Massengo, the directness of Palmer.

I'd be intrigued to see how this goes. This is of course if the terrible Afobe news/rumour is true.

I think Cod has to pull his socks up now , I really hope we play with more creativity . With players like Cod szmodics etc rather then fammy who cant link the play as fast. 

5 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

I think Cod has to pull his socks up now , I really hope we play with more creativity . With players like Cod szmodics etc rather then fammy who cant link the play as fast. 

I really don't get the love in with smodics, seen him twice now and he's done nothing in my opinion to deserve it!

On 18/09/2019 at 19:53, where's the joy said:

Since then i have only seen him play well either in a middle of midfield position or as a defender.

I would prefer Him in the centre but can also see him on the left or right depending how the game goes.   

7 hours ago, frenchred said:

I really don't get the love in with smodics, seen him twice now and he's done nothing in my opinion to deserve it!

Im not saying start him and think he is more of a replacement if weimann gets injured as he played the same role well the under 21s. 

Archived