IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

1 hour ago, OnCider said:

https://twitter.com/BristolCity/status/1174646819487240193

Sounds like City are going to announce something at 7pm.  Perhaps announce Afobe's injury and a replacement signing? #EverTheOptimist

It's to announce that Afobe isn't actually injured.

Pure speculation on my behalf mind but its odd how the club haven't confirmed it yet. Maybe they are waiting for the definitive scan results?

The only way bringing in someone this Jan will work IMO, is if they are already playing in the Champ. Someone from another league would take too long to get up to speed with the division, and a potential play off race.

Depending on where the likes of Charlton and Hull are (also ourselves) this coming Jan, I'd like us to really go big for someone like Lyle Taylor or Jarrod Bowen. 

It's a bit soon however- and first and foremost it is a huge blow for us, and indeed Afobe- just when he was enjoying his football again and really clicking with the side. Wish him all the best in recovery.

Third on the consideration list though, the wages and loan fee if this is indeed it for him this season, with us.

What happens there, anyone know?

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's a bit soon however- and first and foremost it is a huge blow for us, and indeed Afobe- just when he was enjoying his football again and really clicking with the side. Wish him all the best in recovery.

Third on the consideration list though, the wages and loan fee if this is indeed it for him this season, with us.

What happens there, anyone know?

We save it. We'll need it to pay Fam's goal bonuses.

23 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

The only way bringing in someone this Jan will work IMO, is if they are already playing in the Champ. Someone from another league would take too long to get up to speed with the division, and a potential play off race.

Depending on where the likes of Charlton and Hull are (also ourselves) this coming Jan, I'd like us to really go big for someone like Lyle Taylor or Jarrod Bowen. 

Not sure I agree. Someone you name - Lyle Taylor up to speed straight away. Kodjia, Tammy up to speed straight away. Sheff utd pair were up to speed straight away when they got promoted. Collins of Luton seems to be up to speed already too. Loads more examples I'm sure.

So if there's someone who has done brilliantly in league one by Christmas, we could possibly get them and it could be sensible business.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's definite is it- assuming we paid a loan fee, surely that's up front? Can we get say 80-90% of it back...assuming an August-June 30th loan.

Obviously we wouldn't be paying anymore wages than we have to date- surely.

55.1.3 any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between the Transferor Club, the Transferee Club and the Player but can only be completed:

(a) after the expiry of 28 days; and

(b) only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 55.1.4 below) unless otherwise agreed by the League in its absolute discretion (subject to such conditions as the League deems appropriate);

Guidance

An example of the circumstances in which the League might exercise its discretion is where a Player on a Standard Loan is unable to represent the Club temporarily holding his registration for the remainder of the loan, e.g. due to a long-term injury or other reasons having the same effect. In such circumstances, The League might approve the termination of the Standard Loan on the condition that the Player is prohibited from making any first team appearances at the Club with which he re-registers.

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure I agree. Someone you name - Lyle Taylor up to speed straight away. Kodjia, Tammy up to speed straight away. Sheff utd pair were up to speed straight away when they got promoted. Collins of Luton seems to be up to speed already too. Loads more examples I'm sure.

So if there's someone who has done brilliantly in league one by Christmas, we could possibly get them and it could be sensible business.

I agree that my reasoning could extend into League 1, and players from the Prem who could certainly do a job. Kodjia if fit and not getting any game time at Villa could certainly be an interesting one! Same as Gayle on loan perhaps..

I fear you're right @ScottishRed

Can only hope there was some provision in the contract- loan fee probably gone but the wages, hopefully if he is out for the season, his wages from here to the end of his loan deal aren't something we need to pay.

@Kingswoodactor Seen Gayle's wages? Would probably require a loan fee too. Kodjia is an interesting and possibly more affordable alternative however.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I fear you're right @ScottishRed

Can only hope there was some provision in the contract- loan fee probably gone but the wages, hopefully if he is out for the season, his wages from here to the end of his loan deal aren't something we need to pay.

@Kingswoodactor Seen Gayle's wages? Would probably require a loan fee too. Kodjia is an interesting and possibly more affordable alternative however.

Kodjia wouldn't come back here, a load of Championship clubs would be in for him & the way our fans have treated him since he left would probably be enough to put him off!

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

Kodjia wouldn't come back here, a load of Championship clubs would be in for him & the way our fans have treated him since he left would probably be enough to put him off!

True. He'd be more affordable on loan than Gayle I think but yeah it's unlikely- wasn't there a rumour he refused to play for us too?

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-pays-benik-afobes-wages-3337806

Seems we'll be paying his wages until January at the earliest. Claiming compensation a non starter, mentions nothing about a partial rebate on loan fee, and emergency loans only applicable to goalies of course.

Presumably any insurance we have for injuries will extend to loanees as well as permanent club players. Should at least soften the blow.

22 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Ironic if it's Mo Eisa! 

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

God I hope this is true

52A48D37-BFF1-4C6A-A53D-4DAD852AC888.jpeg

83C47085-BC92-48BE-B839-165280C9DB40.jpeg

He's still claiming he's out for 5 more months anyway - doesn't really alter the problems

8 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

Academy players have been spreading it 

If you mean the younger players then without being disrespectful they would be young and naive to believe everything

Let's hope it's just all one big plan to unsettle Swansea's preparations !

IF it's true and IF it originated from this guy, no offence to him but absolute *******- at least his post/message is an absolute *******.

I mean bravo in a sense for getting it run on believed not just by Bristol Post, but also BBC reporting on it, FL World- Steve Cooper commented on it in his press conference- but Christ sake!

I'll be delighted and relieved if it's all a stupid hoax however the fact that is has been run on by sources such as the last 2 plus of course the Swansea manager mentioning it makes me fear the worst- but some people...

Archived