IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Most people weren’t convinced that Afobe was up to the job tbh......

That's true and it was mainly based on his time at Stoke. I'm just doubtful based in the albeit limited minutes I've seen of Semenyo so far. I don't doubt his talent, but I do worry that he'll take longer to develop into a Championship ready player, when we need Afobe standard performances in the here and now. Otherwise, it's a blow to our top 6 aspirations. 

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Big chance for Semenyo, he's going to have to become a key player for the first team now. 

Really feel for Afobe though, such a shame just when he was enjoying his football again.

And that’s it . Whilst it’s a big blow and injuries can happen at anytime to any player. I feel for Benik Afobe . Awful injury and now his future is very much up in the air . And our permanent move for him will be very much in jeopardy. 

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

IF it is true, the talk from LJ of double or even triple training sessions over the break would raise questions in my mind. We do seem to be picking up a lot of injuries and not all in first team games.

Hoping it turns out to be bs though.

The players are employed by the club, why shouldn’t they train while they have no matches to play? 

They were also given a lot more days off than normal so is that the fault of the club, they didn’t keep them training enough!

Ridiculous to blame it on this!!

Afobe has suffered with an ACL injury before, is that Johnson’s fault as well? Accidents & injuries happen, it’s the downside to the job & running around blaming people for it isn’t helpful in the least!

1 minute ago, mozo said:

That's true and it was mainly based on his time at Stoke. I'm just doubtful based in the albeit limited minutes I've seen of Semenyo so far. I don't doubt his talent, but I do worry that he'll take longer to develop into a Championship ready player, when we need Afobe standard performances in the here and now. Otherwise, it's a blow to our top 6 aspirations. 

Don’t disagree, we’ll find out. Sometimes opportunity knocks for someone.....

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

The players are employed by the club, why shouldn’t they train while they have no matches to play? 

They were also given a lot more days off than normal so is that the fault of the club, they didn’t keep them training enough!

Ridiculous to blame it on this!!

Afobe has suffered with an ACL injury before, is that Johnson’s fault as well? Accidents & injuries happen, it’s the downside to the job & running around blaming people for it isn’t helpful in the least!

Exactly. I'm no injury expert, but isn't an ACL more of a freak injury rather than a wear and tear one bought on by over-training? 

Then again, i'm sure 'robin_unreliant' from Otib forum knows more about strength and conditioning than our extensive team of fitness coaches..

10 minutes ago, mozo said:

Are you convinced that Semenyo is up to the job? I'm not (as much as I want him to be a revelation).

Not my call mozo.

None of us see the players in training nor do we have access to all the different factors that can effect individual players but it seems to me that LJ and his assistants have seen enough of  AS to include him in the matchday squad and should the need arise the coaches might feel he’s ready.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

So if it turns out to utter bollocks then I can expect numerous apologies from those who have criticised me?...........:cool2:

No, that's just a completely unfounded rumour.

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

IF it is true, the talk from LJ of double or even triple training sessions over the break would raise questions in my mind. We do seem to be picking up a lot of injuries and not all in first team games.

Hoping it turns out to be bs though.

Maybe not as applicable for Afobe, but you do wonder about the pre-season especially th stress fracture injury to Dasilva.  Not a good sign.

Didn't we get a new fitness coach over the summer?  Was he too keen to make his mark?  I don't like to hear about players being 'beasted'.  

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly. I'm no injury expert, but isn't an ACL more of a freak injury rather than a wear and tear one bought on by over-training? 

Then again, i'm sure 'robin_unreliant' from Otib forum knows more about strength and conditioning than our extensive team of fitness coaches..

An ACL can go at anytime, yes it could be by being clattered by a defender but it can also be by slipping on a wet floor. But to suggest that the club are at fault without knowing what was actually being done is a massive over reaction!

If our training was so bad, would we not suffer from more ACL injuries? And I can’t even remember the last ACL injury we had. But Nagy, Kalas, Massengo & Dasilva’s recent injuries have all been in game injuries! Not training ground injuries but stuff it, it’s easier to blame Johnson & the club because certain people haven’t had a stick to beat Johnson with for ages now!! It’s ******* sad!!

4 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Our lack of depth is coming back to haunt, again. 

What 'lack of depth' would this be then...?

We are getting pretty unprecedented injuries to first team and first reserve players this early in and from before the season- don't think you can call it a lack of depth, more an unbelievably bad run of injuries.

Shall I list them?

Archived