IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I don’t think I’ve ever quoted you?

Then again, as all your posts are towards @Robbored I haven’t had need to...

Ummmm... really...

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Pot, kettle, black.................:rofl2br:

So you can be a self confessed MOD protected Troll but I am not allowed to Stalk you or in your talk... troll you.... you really are simple aren't you... 

So ..........looks like it\s Fammy and Semenyo until January at least.  So sorry for Afobe, who was rebuilding his reputation and looking great.  Bad season so far for injuries, but we just need to get on with it..........COYR.     PS.   PSG  beat Real Madrid 3-0 last night without their entire first choice front three!  {Tenuous, I know, but looking for straws to clutch!!} ??

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Said it before but I don’t believe this is just bad luck. Hasn’t LJ said we’ve been doing double sessions quite a bit for fitness?

JD stress fracture would’ve come from too much use as stresses do, Janneh injury and now Afobe all within training sessions?

An ACL injury wouldn't really come from overtraining. It's a freak injury and isn't really something you'd get from wear and tear. 

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Said it before but I don’t believe this is just bad luck. Hasn’t LJ said we’ve been doing double sessions quite a bit for fitness?

JD stress fracture would’ve come from too much use as stresses do, Janneh injury and now Afobe all within training sessions?

The quote I saw was double sessions for tactics, but I am sure they can be strenuous too. 

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not my call mozo.

None of us see the players in training nor do we have access to all the different factors that can effect individual players but it seems to me that LJ and his assistants have seen enough of  AS to include him in the matchday squad and should the need arise the coaches might feel he’s ready.

Well, in LJ's educated view, Semenyo is 3rd down the pecking order behind Diedhiou,  so it doesn't reassure me that Semenyo is ready to start against Swansea and to perform to the standard omtgat we saw from Afobe.

18 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Diedhiou isn't that bad. He'll do the job until Jan! Back him. 

I will back him, but 'isn't that bad' won't cut it for a promotion push.

Let's not forget here, Afobe gave us a glimpse of the kind of quality that top Championship teams have up front. We didn't see that last season and we haven't seen it from Semenyo yet. Diedhiou has been used as back up for a reason. This is a blow.

6 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Our lack of depth is coming back to haunt, again. 

I totally disagree. Our depth is massively helping this season.

DaSilva injured. Rowe has stepped in and done well.

Smith/Nagy injured. Massengo has stepped in and done well.

Afobe injured. Diedhiou, our double figure scoring striker the last 2 seasons, comes in.

It's hardly like we are stuck player our under 21s.

1 minute ago, Selred said:

Afobe injured. Diedhiou, our double figure scoring striker the last 2 seasons, comes in.

Yes I agree.

Especially given all of the absentees thusfar, have been, doing very well.

1 minute ago, Selred said:

I'm talking about our forward line lacking depth. 

6 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Ummmm... really...

So you can be a self confessed MOD protected Troll but I am not allowed to Stalk you or in your talk... troll you.... you really are simple aren't you... 

As I posted just now TM - you don’t know the half of it.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Is there any chance of you two taking this to PM or any issues with the mods communicated directly? The rest of us don't really need to read about it.

I completely agree PF.

Maybe you should aim this post at TM rather than me.  I’m not the agonist here.

3 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I'm not usually the knee jerk reaction type, but does anybody else feel that this has killed our promotion hopes?

It certainly a kick in the bollocks . But no we have a couple of international breaks and we’re out the league cup . So hopefully Fam and co can step up.  But must get a striker in January of the same quality or better. 

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Was just commenting generally - I don't think you're the protagonist here although maybe it would be helpful to stop replying to TM.

Good idea. I’ll put him on ignore as  he never posts anything of substance so I won’t miss anything interesting.

Archived