IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

3 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Going forward until Jan I think our best options are: 

Sticking with 3-5-2, Fam and Weimann as a front 2. Palmer behind. 

Or, a front 3 of COD, Weimann, and Semenyo/Eliasson. Can’t really see us playing a 4-3-3 as it eliminates Palmer from probably playing. 

Or Weimann up top by himself but with Cod, Palmer and Eliasson behind in an attacking mid 3. Kind of like the idea of this, but would probably require a 4-2-3-1. Can we do this with a back 3? Hmmm. 

Can I put Fam in my FPL team?

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

I don't really see how you can say the fitness coaches need to be looked at when the guy has just suffered his THIRD ACL injury. 

It could be considered more of a recruitment error rather than anything to do with the fitness trainers. 

But all in all it is really awful luck, nothing to do with the player, the fitness trainers or the recruitment. 

Poor Benik, if this is his 3rd one in his career by the time he is 26 he could have a really hard time of it going into what is meant to be the peak of his career.

As has been pointed out, when you get one, it makes the likelihood of it happening again increase.

The club would know that and knew it was a gamble having him here.

It was a gamble they lost unfortunately, but no one could predict that.

We have to bear in my mind he was a last minute rabbit-from-the-hat loan after the first target was lured away.

Very depressing news and feel that we won't do any better than last season. Too much reliance on Afobe being that final piece of the jigsaw. On deadline Day he was probably 4th choice but then he became our big hope to push us on in to the top 6. Which ever way you look at this now or dress it up. We are going to have to make do and make do won't be good enough to challenge IMO. Hopefully, I will be proved wrong but it feels pretty bleak from a goal threat point of view.

9 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Basically the way peoples reactions to RR's posts wind you up, and you feel clutter up and derail threads is how many, many posters feel about RR posts. Its hard not to say something sometimes and he goes out of his way to wind up posters he knows he has a particular effect on and consitantly posts in threads saying how they are pointless and he has no interest in them. 

It doesn't 'wind me up' Rich but it's a bit unnecessary for every post the bloke makes, don't you think? There's always someone who jumps on the bandwagon. 

24 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think people mainly took objection to the original twitter post basically being 'I know something you don't know.. but I'm not going to tell you what' 

Fair enough mate.. Although the reality is I suspect, is that this is what those vehemently calling it nonsense will now say to save their blushes. 

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

It doesn't 'wind me up' Rich but it's a bit unnecessary for every post the bloke makes, don't you think? There's always someone who jumps on the bandwagon. 

My views/posts are sometimes controversial and if some others find them unpalatable then simply put me on ignore. Plus.......just for the record...... I never deliberately set out to wind anyone up.

It’s not my responsibility for the way others react.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It is really horrible news for the player and the club .

I wish Benik a quick and total recovery.

I fear we will not see him in a City shirt again and I am very sad about that .

We are not the luckiest club in history are we ?

Let’s hope everyone pulls together to get strength from adversity.

Seriously,  it seems like our luck is abysmal!

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My views/posts are sometimes controversial and if some others find them unpalatable then simply put me on ignore. Plus.......just for the record...... I never deliberately set out to wind anyone up.

It’s not my responsibility for the way others react.

It would be nice to have just one thread where every other post isn’t one of yours .

Why do you feel the need to reply to each and every comment ? 

Think before you react , does it really matter what some unknown person on a football forum thinks of your posts ?

16 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

This is absolutely disastrous for our season you feel.

No, I don't.  It's disappointing, but not disastrous.  We have a ready-made replacement in Diedhiou and cover in the no 10 position if we need it.  

Does anyone remember season 2007-08, when we got to the play-offs with Darren Byfield top scoring with 8 goals?  It's all about the squad, not one individual.  Now is the time to get behind Diedhiou and give him all the individual support that we can.  He is a good player, with the potential to be even better.

• Admin
1 hour ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Really....?? 

He acts like he owns the forum and is allowed to do whatever he wants and openly admits to trolling and has to make every thread about him and derails every thread but nothing is done about it as he is part of the clique of the Supporters Bars where they are all.buddy buddy... 

I'm sure it's not all MODS but if you think he isnt treated differently then you are mistaken.

Thank you for replying @TETBURY MASSIVE

Going forward there are really two things that need to be done. If anyone has a problem with someone posting they need to "report" the post and explain why.

Even though between us we are on this site a lot I am sure we do miss some things.

With the report,  people also need to sometimes explain why there is a problem - when we get notified of a report it only shows the post in question, so sometimes it isn't easy to understand why there is a problem with a post if there is no indication why a post has been reported.

Of course the other option is to put anyone who you don't want to see on "ignore", that way you will only ever see when they have their posts quoted and not anything else

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Thank you for replying @TETBURY MASSIVE

Going forward there are really two things that need to be done. If anyone has a problem with someone posting they need to "report" the post and explain why.

Even though between us we are on this site a lot I am sure we do miss some things.

With the report,  people also need to sometimes explain why there is a problem - when we get notified of a report it only shows the post in question, so sometimes it isn't easy to understand why there is a problem with a post if there is no indication why a post has been reported.

Of course the other option is to put anyone who you don't want to see on "ignore", that way you will only ever see when they have their posts quoted and not anything else

Or you could just start warning persistent, self confessed trolls about their behaviour? 

585DEB3D-ACC3-4068-9DDF-A1C21C651920.jpeg

Archived