IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

40 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Going forward until Jan I think our best options are: 

Sticking with 3-5-2, Fam and Weimann as a front 2. Palmer behind. 

Or, a front 3 of COD, Weimann, and Semenyo/Eliasson. Can’t really see us playing a 4-3-3 as it eliminates Palmer from probably playing. 

Or Weimann up top by himself but with Cod, Palmer and Eliasson behind in an attacking mid 3. Kind of like the idea of this, but would probably require a 4-2-3-1. Can we do this with a back 3? Hmmm. 

Probably won’t get away with 12 players on the pitch

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It would be nice to have just one thread where every other post isn’t one of yours .

Why do you feel the need to reply to each and every comment ? 

Think before you react , does it really matter what some unknown person on a football forum thinks of your posts ?

Thanks for the tip Major............:thumbsup:.........but you do realise that there numerous threads that I do not comment on. In fact I’d say waaay more than the threads that I do actually comment on.

26 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

It doesn't 'wind me up' Rich but it's a bit unnecessary for every post the bloke makes, don't you think? There's always someone who jumps on the bandwagon. 

Treat the cause, not the symptom......if he didn't continually derail threads and act like a WUM, he wouldn’t get the stick he gets.

Total disaster if true. Problem with putting all your eggs in one basket. 

Wonder if we can find an error in Mo Eisa’s contract which null and voids it.

We do seem to have a bit of a blind spot on our striker strategy.  Need a minimum of three top quality and one ‘also ran’. We never seem to get that and is the reason we’ve failed to make the Premier League when it’s been in our grasp on several occasions.. We will never get out of this league with a strategy of one quality striker and three ‘also rans’. 

That buggers this season up. .... but, hopefully, this will be such a slap in the face for the Club that a new striker strategy will be adopted for next season. Not before time. 

• Admin
10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Or you could just start warning persistent, self confessed trolls about their behaviour? 

585DEB3D-ACC3-4068-9DDF-A1C21C651920.jpeg

Out of interest @BRISTOL86 how do you know there hasn't been any action taken?

We never openly share anything that goes on "behind the scenes". I think it would be quite a shock to some how much goes on that people are not aware of

We have been unbelievably unlucky with injuries and we are only just into the second month of the season. I wish Benik Afobe a speedy recovery as ACL is a horrible injury. It highlights the lack of strength in depth, but it unreal how the injuries are to all of our big signings. Someone upstairs must think as much of us as Sky Sports do! 

A chance for others now to stake a claim in the team. 

You’ve got the spawny mob across town being helped by playing against 9 men and being awarded penalties galore and we are losing everyone to injury. Sometimes I think we’re cursed!

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

Thank you for replying @TETBURY MASSIVE

Going forward there are really two things that need to be done. If anyone has a problem with someone posting they need to "report" the post and explain why.

Even though between us we are on this site a lot I am sure we do miss some things.

With the report,  people also need to sometimes explain why there is a problem - when we get notified of a report it only shows the post in question, so sometimes it isn't easy to understand why there is a problem with a post if there is no indication why a post has been reported.

Of course the other option is to put anyone who you don't want to see on "ignore", that way you will only ever see when they have their posts quoted and not anything else

That’s a bit of a cop out I feel.

Im sure you have had reports before either via the report button or general posts. If the mods can’t see the constant detailing of threads and open trolling, then the report button is worthless anyway.

the ignore feature is pretty much pointless as you can see the quoted post and the replies.

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

Thank you for replying @TETBURY MASSIVE

Going forward there are really two things that need to be done. If anyone has a problem with someone posting they need to "report" the post and explain why.

Even though between us we are on this site a lot I am sure we do miss some things.

With the report,  people also need to sometimes explain why there is a problem - when we get notified of a report it only shows the post in question, so sometimes it isn't easy to understand why there is a problem with a post if there is no indication why a post has been reported.

Of course the other option is to put anyone who you don't want to see on "ignore", that way you will only ever see when they have their posts quoted and not anything else

Is it possible for a member to hide posts on a thread so that they can choose what they can see? Too often a decent thread degenerates into a slanging match and baiting of certain individuals and it would be helpful to be able to hide those comments.

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Injuries happen at every club mozo and why strength in depth is so important. Injuries are like busses, you wait ages and then several come along all at once.

We seem to have more injuries than the norm, the average- see 2017/18 for a reference point and to an extent, 2018/19.

This season is beyond a joke in that respect though.

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Out of interest @BRISTOL86 how do you know there hasn't been any action taken?

We never openly share anything that goes on "behind the scenes". I think it would be quite a shock to some how much goes on that people are not aware of

Well he’s been doing the same shit for years and he’s still posting, that was my first clue. 

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. And yet when this gets pointed out, it's the people who are fed up to the back teeth with it who are the problem.

Absolutely pathetic. 

I got a months ban for my tone when responding to someone the same way as they had addressed me.

Robbored actively seeks to disrupt the forum and gets away with it unconditionally.

It's all bollocks.

• Admin
11 hours ago, 29AR said:

It’s not without reason though Ska. 

He is allowed to do it because he’s part of the clique. 

Last night we had an alcoholic from Sweden - part of the same clique - post overtly racist comments which were deleted (swept under the carpet). And yet accusations  remain for all to see in the  Rovers thread when it’s not on our doorstep. Then this guy, known to rile with only that intention, is allowed to continue. 

You can go too far in moderating - Sagchat, or you can go not far enough and let a place like this, which used to be a great forum in which I enjoyed participating in, going to the dregs. Because that’s where it has gone.

You once had really intellectual debate and commentary on this place. But the same perps are allowed to ruin it time and time again without any semblance of humour. And they do so deliberately; either for their own pathetic hard on, or through addictive disease - which the ‘friends’ allow him to very publicly embarrass himself rather than support. How shameful.

Certain posters are allowed to ruin as much content as they wish and to stifle as much commentary as they wish just because they are the playground milk monitor’s mate. 

The door can hit me on the way out. See you OTIB... it was once fun. 

Just to clarify  @29AR- I personally did miss this post previously

The comments you refer to HAVE been dealt with, like I posted above it is not for anyone else than those involved to know what has gone on

It is nigh on impossible to monitor every single post on this site, which is why I mentioned above about the report ability

Just for balance when the person you mention above was banned from this site, the mods were inundated with people asking for him to be allowed back and there was a thread with pages of people asking for them to be allowed back

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well he’s been doing the same shit for years and he’s still posting, that was my first clue. 

But he doesn’t insult anybody, libel anybody, threaten to fight anybody, or make unpleasant racist, sexist comments ... those draw bans.

He just persists in repeating the same tiresome, fatuous comments over and over and over. That drives us all bonkers, but it doesn’t attract a ban. It’s like having a garrulous toddler around the place, seeking attention.

Typical. An important thread ruined by the usual bunch of utter fannies flexing their handbags. Get a life FFS

Im really gutted. We have options up front but this is a major blow. LJ must be absolutely gutted too. Let’s hope Semenyo steps up and takes his chance. As for Benik - so sorry for him and if he has done it for the 3rd time is he likely to ever come back the same ? Poor bloke

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I got a months ban for my tone when responding to someone the same way as they had addressed me.

Robbored actively seeks to disrupt the forum and gets away with it unconditionally.

It's all bollocks.

Are you saying that you did not deserve your ban @JamesBCFC ?

I think the team on this site do a great job

At the end of the day there are hundreds of us that post on here and surely it is natural that there are going to be posting styles that people do not like

Reading these pages now it is pathetic how many people are whining about this Robbored chap, Phantom has explained to put him on ignore, those complaining about him are just as bad as him for derailing a thread.

Can we not get this thread back about Benik please?

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

But he doesn’t insult anybody, libel anybody, threaten to fight anybody, or make unpleasant racist, sexist comments ... those draw bans.

He just persists in repeating the same tiresome, fatuous comments over and over and over. That drives us all bonkers, but it doesn’t attract a ban. It’s like having a garrulous toddler around the place, seeking attention.

I’ve never been part of a forum where persistent and deliberate trolling is left completely unchecked. It’s very different to having a controversial opinion, it’s just deliberate disruption. 

If true (presuming still not confirmed), then would we try to still sign him permanently, if the price was dropped significantly because of the injury? 

Would we even try to sign him until he's proven he's definitely over it?

Stoke don't want him, that much is clear.

Terrible news if this true, and it does now seem to be gathering pace. The only positive thing would be that AW scores if he's played up top, Fam has just scored and has a point to prove, and Semenyo looks hungry as well.

What is it with our luck though :disapointed2se:

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Typical. An important thread ruined by the  usual bunch of utter fannies. Get a life FFS

These two posts are exactly what I was thinking

I'm gutted for him. He seemed to gel nicely with the other players, and seemed to be really enjoying his time here. I had high hopes that he'd prove a lot of people wrong and score a ton of goals for us. As for buying him on a perm, I would consider a cut price deal, maybe even a free with a view towards coaching, but a lot of it depends on how he recovers. Either way, I hope he gets better soon.

As for what we do now, I'm not too sure. We're in a really shit situation where we're ages away from the window opening, and the available forwards being injury prone or not cut out for this level.

My head says to maybe have a crack at signing McCormack or Bony, but my heart says that we put our faith in Semenyo. Tell him that he's got until January to show he can cut it in the Championship, and if he can't then he goes out on loan and falls down the pecking order.

Archived