IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

16 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Typical. An important thread ruined by the usual bunch of utter fannies flexing their handbags. Get a life FFS

Im really gutted. We have options up front but this is a major blow. LJ must be absolutely gutted too. Let’s hope Semenyo steps up and takes his chance. As for Benik - so sorry for him and if he has done it for the 3rd time is he likely to ever come back the same ? Poor bloke

Absolutely pathetic isn’t it the amount of grown men who boil their piss over RR posts, the bloke himself has said put me on ignore if you don’t like it.

share the same feelings on Benik mate, maybe career defining for him. I have faith in Fam though but he can’t play up top on his own, hopefully Johnson finally sees that 

Who is our strength and conditioning coach this season?

I was looking forward to the international break thinking we may be able to get a few of the injured players back to fitness. Instead Nagy is played and worsens his injury playing for Hungary and it seems Afobe has ended his season during training.

Just waiting for Massengo to have his magical hair mistaken for a topiary bush at the training ground and our top 6 hopes will be well and truly gone

1 minute ago, OnCider said:

I know I'm probably clutching at straws but does anyone else think this was an unfounded rumour that has just gone completely viral and BCFC are just sitting back in wonder and laughing?

It would be the wind up of all wind ups but I'm afraid the truth is that you are probably living up to your OTIB handle. We are just going to have to get on with it. 

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Is there a Thursday press conference?

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

On Wednesday, wasn't it?

2 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

Surely that would've been a Wednesday press conference, wouldn't it?

Indeed, but in the main we only have one weekly press conference, pre game- unless midweek games of course.

Unless there is one called about Afobe, first we'll hear about it in the post game interview? Could always be some other form of media engagement I guess.

13 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Are you saying that you did not deserve your ban @JamesBCFC ?

I think the team on this site do a great job

At the end of the day there are hundreds of us that post on here and surely it is natural that there are going to be posting styles that people do not like

Reading these pages now it is pathetic how many people are whining about this Robbored chap, Phantom has explained to put him on ignore, those complaining about him are just as bad as him for derailing a thread.

Can we not get this thread back about Benik please?

I'm saying there's no consistency. Not that my ban wasn't deserved.

I responded to someone the way they addressed me, but only 1 person got a ban.

Even then the message said a week ban, but the date said it was a month. I queried it to ask which it was- not even the validity of the ban- and there wasn't so much as the courtesy of a response.

On the other hand we have a known troll who actively tries to disrupt the forum and is allowed to do whatever he wants.

I accepted my ban, it's been over and done, but that doesn't mean I cannot point out obvious flaws in the way the forum is moderated.

5 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Absolutely pathetic isn’t it the amount of grown men who boil their piss over RR posts, the bloke himself has said put me on ignore if you don’t like it.

Conversely, absolutely pathetic that a grown man who confesses to being a WUM, continually derails topics.

Assuming this to be true, let's spare a thought for the man himself.
From being written off and abused by his own supporters, to seemingly being happy and making a name for himself again, over before it had begun.
Devastating personally for him and his family, as well as his career.
Best wishes to him from us all I'm sure.

Ok, back to self-interest.
Trying to be positive, I feel there are a lot of goals to come from A.W. when played centrally, as we now have midfielders who can not only spot/anticipate his runs, but have the ability to get the ball to him.

On that note, can we please stop the criticism of him for,
1. Pointless runs.
He makes the right runs. It's not his fault if no one can get the ball to him. Also it  creates space for others. (A good thing)
Fam would get hammered on here (and rightly so) if he didn't bother going in the box because 4/5 crosses didn't go near him.
2. Runs a lot but no end product.
Well I'm very happy with 2 goals in 2 games resulting from him pressuring the keeper. One of these came from him chasing a "lost cause" from the centre circle.
Also, I wouldn't call it pointless to stop defenders feeling comfortable on the ball and stopping them from dictating the pace of the game. (Another good thing)

If he is injured and unfortunately it appears to be likely, we have to play to Fam’s strengths. He has to start as a two with Weinmann and we need to ensure we get players up and around him. In the past we’ve knocked it long with no support available to him. Playing Palmer as a attacking ‘10’ with weinmann alongside him we may get the best out of him. 

He should come into Saturdays game with confidence after a goal and a helping hand with the og 

It’s after noon and still no news on the City website. You would think the club would either confirm or deny the story. There’s nothing to be gained by saying nothing. If it was Saturday morning it would be understandable, just to keep Swansea in the dark 

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm saying there's no consistency. Not that my ban wasn't deserved.

I responded to someone the way they addressed me, but only 1 person got a ban.

Even then the message said a week ban, but the date said it was a month. I queried it to ask which it was- not even the validity of the ban- and there wasn't so much as the courtesy of a response.

On the other hand we have a known troll who actively tries to disrupt the forum and is allowed to do whatever he wants.

I accepted my ban, it's been over and done, but that doesn't mean I cannot point out obvious flaws in the way the forum is moderated.

The mods don't need to be accountable, they do what they can, when they can and how they can.

If they were paid to moderate the forum then maybe you could expect a bit more consistency and communication, bit it doesn't work that way.

If people are frustrated by any particular poster, put them on ignore. 

Overall, I think this place is well run, especially given the amount of traffic it generates.

So thanks to the Mods. Except for that time after a forum upgrade and I was engaged in some UAT and got a week on the naughty step for saying THUNDERCU.........

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

It’s after noon and still no news on the City website. You would think the club would either confirm or deny the story. There’s nothing to be gained by saying nothing. If it was Saturday morning it would be understandable, just to keep Swansea in the dark 

You think clubs don't do pre-match analysis before Saturday? Confirming he's injured helps them guess what line up we go with

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The mods don't need to be accountable, they do what they can, when they can and how they can.

If they were paid to moderate the forum then maybe you could expect a bit more consistency and communication, bit it doesn't work that way.

If people are frustrated by any particular poster, put them on ignore. 

Overall, I think this place is well run, especially given the amount of traffic it generates.

So thanks to the Mods. Except for that time after a forum upgrade and I was engaged in some UAT and got a week on the naughty step for saying THUNDERCU.........

I don't think someone needs to be paid in order to be consistent when approaching something.

Are you paid for your attempts to get those food vouchers you never received?

1 hour ago, supercidered said:

Very depressing news and feel that we won't do any better than last season. Too much reliance on Afobe being that final piece of the jigsaw. On deadline Day he was probably 4th choice but then he became our big hope to push us on in to the top 6. Which ever way you look at this now or dress it up. We are going to have to make do and make do won't be good enough to challenge IMO. Hopefully, I will be proved wrong but it feels pretty bleak from a goal threat point of view.

I don't think it's fair to say  "too much reliance".  Afobe was the "proven" Championship striker we craved.  How many clubs in this division have two of those and aren't going to suffer if they get a long-term injury?  That sort of strength in depth just isn't realistic or even financially viable for a club without the benefit of parachute payments.  It's simply the case that he was our best forward and the team will be weaker without him - as would be the case at pretty much any club.  Whether he was 4th choice or not is irrelevant - he was a good choice, and he brought the qualities we were looking for.

I don't believe the club should be berated for not having a replacement of equivalent standard.

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I don't think someone needs to be paid in order to be consistent when approaching something.

Are you paid for your attempts to get those food vouchers you never received?

I paid for them. My personal account manager failed to do his (or her) paid role in furnishing me with them!

Archived