IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I find it strange that the club haven't commented either way on this yet.  Part of me clings to the hope that it's all a big hoax, but why wouldn't you issue a denial if that was the case?  Equally how hard is it to put together a couple of paragraphs confirming the worst?  Odd one.

To keep Swansea guessing

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I find it strange that the club haven't commented either way on this yet.  Part of me clings to the hope that it's all a big hoax, but why wouldn't you issue a denial if that was the case?  Equally how hard is it to put together a couple of paragraphs confirming the worst?  Odd one.

Standard in terms of the club, isn't it- just look at our so-called SLO!

SLO(W) is about right as you can't get SLOW without SLO.

As much as I admire those trying to put a brave face on the situation, the reason we got in Afobe is that Diedhiou and Weimann will not get enough goals to keep us in the play offs. 

We have a better engine behind them, but if we are blunt at what should be the sharp-end another also-ran season awaits.

This really is a bitter blow.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

As much as I admire those trying to put a brave face on the situation, the reason we got in Afobe is that Diedhiou and Weimann will not get enough goals to keep us in the play offs. 

We have a better engine behind them, but if we are blunt at what should be the sharp-end another also-ran season awaits.

Agreed, although having seen the difference an upgrade in that department can make to the team, it could be more likely the purse strings are loosened for January if we manage to get to it in a decent league position?

40 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Absolutely pathetic isn’t it the amount of grown men who boil their piss over RR posts, the bloke himself has said put me on ignore if you don’t like it.

share the same feelings on Benik mate, maybe career defining for him. I have faith in Fam though but he can’t play up top on his own, hopefully Johnson finally sees that 

Yep, simply ignore posters if you don't like what they post not keep on and on and on about him or his posts.

As for Afobe, gutted for him and for us.

But as one door closes...

30 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

I’ve heard he’s really pissed off that a thread about him has been derailed by a troll! 

I am just reading all this thread at once;

It seems a thread about a Troll has been derailed by a discussion about a possible career ending  injury to one of our (loan) players, and the huge impact to potentially spoil our season, am I right?

1 minute ago, RedSA said:

Agreed, although having seen the difference an upgrade in that department can make to the team, it could be more likely the purse strings are loosened for January if we manage to get to it in a decent league position?

It's a case of saying "the January window will be make-or-break" yet again, alas.

And I thought we'd, for once, be able to be more relaxed...   :gaah:

6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I agree. How many more punches to the stomach can the team take? I think if tue this will be one blow too many, physically and mentally for players and management alike. 

1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

Any negligible benefit the club gains by not commenting on this (keep Swansea guessing) is wholly outweighed by keeping fans in the dark and pissing then off in the process.

The injury was yesterday, I would think the club are having him assessed before releasing any information.

Why would a short wait piss anyone off ?

31 minutes ago, hodge said:

You think clubs don't do pre-match analysis before Saturday? Confirming he's injured helps them guess what line up we go with

With all the online bumf flying about Swansea will already making contingency plans for whatever team City play. It won’t be a surprise to them if he plays or vice versa 

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

The injury was yesterday, I would think the club are having him assessed before releasing any information.

Why would a short wait piss anyone off ?

I have no idea what the club think the website/social media is for, but I imagine it is something to do with fan engagement and making the site the number one place for City news.

They are currently the only place NOT reporting on this fairly important city news and, judging by comments in social media, that’s frustrating a lot of fans. 

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

I agree. How many more punches to the stomach can the team take? I think if tue this will be one blow too many, physically and mentally for players and management alike. 

Yeah with tough games coming up against Swansea and Preston, I'd be absolutely amazed if we could somehow pick up 4 points from those. 

LJ is a managerial genius if he can keep us in the top 6 come January.!

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Presume this is a big financial blow to the club?

I wonder what we've paid for those 6 games?! If we continue paying his wages for a long period this season, it'll end up being a waste of a lot of money I'd imagine.

Where's @Kid in the Riot to when I needs him!

I remember when we had that lad from Rangers who got injured within about 5 minutes of his debut, the club said that they had to paid his salary for the season as that was the duration of his loan.

Would guess the deal they have in place now needs to be honoured as well, but that would depend on insurance/contracts/break clauses and all manner of other things we wouldn't be privy to.

3 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I have no idea what the club think the website/social media is for, but I imagine it is something to do with fan engagement and making the site the number one place for City news.

They are currently the only place NOT reporting on this fairly important city news and, judging by comments in social media, that’s frustrating a lot of fans. 

I would rather they find out the extent of the injury before giving any information to anyone.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I remember when we had that lad from Rangers who got injured within about 5 minutes of his debut, the club said that they had to paid his salary for the season as that was the duration of his loan.

Would guess the deal they have in place now needs to be honoured as well, but that would depend on insurance/contracts/break clauses and all manner of other things we wouldn't be privy to.

Surely we can send him back, I want to keep him, but he's probably on a wedge, can always buy him next year when he's fit

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Surely clubs have some sort of insurance, I read the Michael Owen thread recently and saw that NUFC had received £10 mil when he messed his knee up. Not sure how true this is though.

Wonder if City would be that savvy to have insurance on a player?

2 minutes ago, Sturman 1 said:

Surely clubs have some sort of insurance, I read the Michael Owen thread recently and saw that NUFC had received £10 mil when he messed his knee up. Not sure how true this is though.

Wonder if City would be that savvy to have insurance on a player?

He's not our player.....he is registered with Stoke City

Archived