IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The truth is we are having an awful sustained run of bad luck. I very much doubt the club waits until it is pointed out on OTIB and thinks “oh yeah, we better look into this”?.

You say that, but...

There are Fewers who think that because their striker has been mentioned on Soccer AM scouts will now be interested in him.

Because professional scouts refer to a less-amusing than it was sports magazine show for leads first and foremost....

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Complete conspiracy theory - would the club have links to where the tweets originated ?

??

Don't get me wrong, I really do now think it’s true. But in the unlikely event that it isn’t, I’d absolutely keep my mouth shut as a club even if the original tweet was just from some fantasist with nothing better to do

9 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Hi @JamesBCFC I do not mean to pick on you, just I am intrigued about what you posted.

How do you know anyone else was not given any warnings etc?

I honestly do not know, but say it was your second warning and the other persons first I would assume that they would be dealt with differently?

I'll admit I am assuming, but I saw that same poster posting with regularity throughout my enforced hiatus.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You say that, but...

There are Fewers who think that because their striker has been mentioned on Soccer AM scouts will now be interested in him.

Because professional scouts refer to a less-amusing than it was sports magazine show for leads first and foremost....

My bad, if gaslogic says it’s true........

15 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

If this is true, which looks likely from reputable sources, then there isn’t any benefit in the club not releasing a statement - it’ll certainly be known by Swansea for no other reason that Stoke will be aware and there are common contacts amongst the clubs (eg Joe Allen). The lack of a statement may be down to one of two things:

- It isn’t true, and the club are letting it run to fool Swansea

- There are discussions over financials etc which are being buttoned down before release of statement

If true this is a big blow. We do have a decent championship striker (albeit I don’t think a top six one) in Famara, and a very good prospect in Semenyo. When Nagys fit, I can also see us playing KP behind Weimann. All good options, but a notch below Afobe. I also think a free agent probably isn’t the way to go - even if training, they’d be a long way from match sharp which takes longer as a forward than say Ashley Williams did at the back. Our work needs to go towards identifying a January target - and in the 18 games between now and then, a totally attainable 25-30 points has us on target for 70-80 points at season end and right in it.

Big blow - but this isn’t season ending for us. Far from it.

Couldn’t have put it better myself. 

Feel Saturday is a huge game now, lose and everything starts looking a bit negative . 

Genuinely devastating news not simply about losing one player - which would be ridiculous in of itself to call "devastating" - but as a momentum and confidence killer for a season I thought recently was quietly taking the shape of a very serious promotion challenge, now that is devastating.

Only other thing to add is if anyone moans or groans at Diedhiou at AG I will probably lose my ****ing ****. What we need now is for everyone to get behind the bloke. Lost count of how much he has been written off, more so once Afobe arrived, we get it, you don't rate him, but FFS support the bloke.

1 minute ago, Olé said:

Genuinely devastating news not simply about losing one player - which would be ridiculous in of itself to call "devastating" - but as a momentum and confidence killer for a season I thought recently was quietly taking the shape of a very serious promotion challenge, now that is devastating.

Only other thing to add is if anyone moans or groans at Diedhiou at AG I will probably lose my ****ing ****. What we need now is for everyone to get behind the bloke. Lost count of how much he has been written off, more so once Afobe arrived, we get it, you don't rate him, but FFS support the bloke.

LJ needs to play to his strengths, else, I fear, he'll get plenty more stick. 

More crosses from the wing please. 

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

Diedhiou, Semenyo or on rare occasions no doubt even Watkins. We can’t do much about it if and when this is finally confirmed and we have to get behind these lads. They will give it their all, no doubt about that, let’s hope it’s enough to keep us in touch by the next window.

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

LJ needs to play to his strengths, else, I fear, he'll get plenty more stick. 

More crosses from the wing please. 

With Diedhiou likely to feature regularly now he has to fit Eliasson in that side imo. One thing Fammy can do, for all the things he can’t, is get on the end of a cross.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

With Diedhiou likely to feature regularly now he has to fit Eliasson in that side imo. One thing Fammy can do, for all the things he can’t, is get on the end of a cross.

I feel Fam & Elliason don't work well together.  Fam likes a lofted cross, a nice slow floater where he can out power the defender. I don't personally rate him when a ball is whipped in quickly, he never seems to be able to get to it.

2 minutes ago, Unan said:

I feel Fam & Elliason don't work well together.  Fam likes a lofted cross, a nice slow floater where he can out power the defender. I don't personally rate him when a ball is whipped in quickly, he never seems to be able to get to it.

Can Eliasson deliver a floater though 

3 minutes ago, Unan said:

I can remember Fam getting on the end of Eliasson inswingers and scoring a few times last season unless my memory is playing tricks on me!!!

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Can Eliasson deliver a floater though 

LJ checked the showers after training pre-season and saw a fresh turd in one of the shower trays. He went straight through to the changing area and confronted the players.

"Whos shit on the floor?" he asked angrily.

"Me boss" replied Famara, "but I'm bloody good in the air!"

26 minutes ago, Olé said:

Indeed.

And Johnson needs to support him too, by keeping two up front.

43 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You say that, but...

What??  ??

I think the biggest loss is the Palmer/Afobe partnership. So far in just a handful of games that link has produced 2 goals, plus a number of other chances. Honestly it was looking like one of our best weapons. Afobe seemed to bring the best out of Palmer in ways that Diedhiou and Semenyo so far haven't done.

I still think we have a better team than last season. I'd also much rather have injuries at the start of the season than at the end. As other say let's get behind Fam and hopefully he can push on and get more than 13 this season.

Fam is currently on 28 goals for us in total. If he hits a rich vein of form then this season could see him become the first player to score 50 for us in a very long time. Scotty I think is the last player to do it, Peacock the last to do it in one stint at the club.

Archived