IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I usually agree with your posts, but given the BBC, Football League World have run with it- given Steve Cooper has commented on it, I have to think it's more than some *expletive* *expletive* on Social media.

Sadly I also think that it's probably true and have done for some time.My post was made very much "tongue in cheek" 

It seems that Bristol City is the Flying Dutchman of league football. Doomed to sail forever in the Championship sea without ever arriving at the Premier League port.

9 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

If this is a load of Bull Crap then it is a further instance of LJ's brilliant use of modern methods to help gain a result. He will go down in history as the first manager in world soccer to use Fake News.

This will start a trend and players of all clubs will train behind closed doors during the week and then don faux plaster casts and walk on crutches the rest of the week in public. 

Couldn’t agree less tbh. If this was play off final week I could totally understand but 8 games in to a 46 game season? The lack of comment by the club is utterly bizarre.

I'm guessing Swansea must be in a quandary about all of this, especially without any official confirmation.

Afobe could be absent on Saturday and not face them at all.

Afobe could be present on Saturday and be his dynamic self against them.

Afobe could be present on Saturday but have an ACL injury. He would play in his usual position on the shoulder of the last defender, but this would be because he needs to be carried around the pitch using a fireman's lift.

8 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Afobe could be present on Saturday but have an ACL injury. He would play in his usual position on the shoulder of the last defender, but this would be because he needs to be carried around the pitch using a fireman's lift.

Even without the ACL injury, he would still be more mobile than Diedhou

(Not really, I quite like Diedhou and am appreciative for what he brings to the team)

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So.........it looks as if the Afobe injured was a complete twitter wind up - now there’s a surprise.........not!

Im really looking forward to a plethora of apologies from those who slagged me off as an ‘attention seeking troll’............:)

You may well have  jumped the gun here.  If so prepare for some incoming!!!

5 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

Even without the ACL injury, he would still be more mobile than Diedhou

(Not really, I quite like Diedhou and am appreciative for what he brings to the team)

Think you meant 'even with'

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So.........it looks as if the Afobe injured was a complete twitter wind up - now there’s a surprise.........not!

Im really looking forward to a plethora of apologies from those who slagged me off as an ‘attention seeking troll’............:)

I missed several pages of this thread...so is he definitely not injured then?

2 minutes ago, InCyder said:

I'm sure with the way they run the Twitter account at the moment we'd have seen a video of him running on the training ground or something similar if it was just a hoax. 

Would they?  

Saying nothing keeps Swansea guessing.  If fake news "we don't comment on rumours", if true "we didn't want to comment until the injury was fully assessed and we had discussed it with his home club."

If fake, great buzz from the crowd when team announced, if true can't be more gloomy that us lot now.

Playing it correctly if you ask me.

I don't understand this whole social media "banter" or "fishing" phenom that everyone seems obsessed with, why would you claim that you made up a rumour, when you aren't the person who started it? Is it to get likes or lolz, i don't understand? Is the person that unloved in real life?

Afobe is obviously crocked. Too many reports on this for at least one of them to have some form of solid info.

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Sorry but if G McG said it appeared to be true, surely he has checked with the club?

I wait to stand corrected and admittedly this was from years ago but I'm sure that the club leaked a story around the club to see if rumours appearing on social media were coming from within the club. The story eventually ran in at least the evening post about how we were about to sign the player. 

The player involved was Derek O'Riordan 

15 minutes ago, Sturman 1 said:

From the BP

Just a word from Stoke

We understand the subject of Benik Afobe’s injury was raised in Nathan Jones’ press conference but the quotes have been embargoed until the club make an official statement

I guess that can be taken either way in that they know he's injured or as Jones is a good mate of LJ he is on the biggest hoax in football 

It would be odd, to say the least, for the Post to run this story and follow up with a list of possible replacements unless they have some evidence.

I don't think we should be hopeful. It really staggers me the club says absolutely nothing. What is their media team for if not this? Wild rumours floating about and they stay shtum.

Archived