IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

The Bristol Post has a couple of articles related to Beniks injury, he is MOST DEFINITELY out for the season. No idea why the official site has not announced it?   There is also an article on strikers currently unattached who might be available........Mcormack,  Bony,  Anicheibe etc.    I hope we just stick with what we have until January, rather than get in a mercenary.  It makes me laugh when it's stated that some of them would have prohibitively high wage demands?...................They are out of work!  You would think they would drop their huge wage demands, so they could get into a squad and prove themselves, but NO,  it would appear most of them are happier doing nothing but training alone, rather than lessen their demands and get to play football, the game they are supposed to love!  Am I naive?  Anyways.......No thanks.

1 minute ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

BB7B0897-A36C-4460-B65C-E14AD257A727.jpeg

Literally the least credible of all the things that **** has posted.

17-18 hours gone since he supposedly got there, so he was there from about 10-11pm last night.

The same time he claims to have seen Afobe in Waitrose who was rushing around absolutely fine despite his torn ACL that this same person claimed he had.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

For the Bristol Post yes, but for the BBC to run with it, for Football League World to do so, for Steve Cooper to mention it or comment on it in Swansea's press conference, and for Stoke comments seemingly embargoed until later on it makes me fear the worst.

I fear the worst too, but the BP will want to maximise clickbait while there is no official announcement. 

I would like to see Ali Duerden make a report on it, he is usually pretty reliable. I wonder which part of Radio Bristol provided the story.

I suspect it is true and it would be a blow, but I can wait until tomorrow to see if he is in the squad.

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

For the Bristol Post yes, but for the BBC to run with it, for Football League World to do so, for Steve Cooper to mention it or comment on it in Swansea's press conference, and for Stoke comments seemingly embargoed until later on it makes me fear the worst.

None of them did any research or look for actual proof. All they had to do was look on the OS and they'd have realised that it was a fake story.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This is bizarre now. Can’t recall the club ever taking so long to confirm a major injury before, this is unprecedented surely?

Odd situation. Struggling to believe they would do this to keep Swansea guessing.

Protocol ?

He is Stokes player so they will want to assess him, get scanned etc. and then make an announcement - just guesswork like everything else on this thread..

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This is bizarre now. Can’t recall the club ever taking so long to confirm a major injury before, this is unprecedented surely?

Odd situation. Struggling to believe they would do this to keep Swansea guessing.

IF and I mean IF it is a hoax, the club might be keeping shtum on account of them taking it further?

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Because it was all made up bollocks as I originally posted........if it’s not on the OS its invariably is wild speculation and rumour.

So you are choosing to believe some potential cretin on twitter who wants to have 5 seconds of "fame" rather than this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49753720

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

None of them did any research or look for actual proof. All they had to do was look on the OS and they'd have realised that it was a fake story.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Because the twitter guy admitted that he’d made it all up?

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Because it was all made up bollocks as I originally posted........if it’s not on the OS its invariably is wild speculation and rumour.

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So.........it looks as if the Afobe injured was a complete twitter wind up - now there’s a surprise.........not!

Im really looking forward to a plethora of apologies from those who slagged me off as an ‘attention seeking troll’............:)

..............or you could be digging a very deep hole for yourself.

This is all so strange. I can’t believe a guy like Peter Coates would be complicit (by association) in some hoax “team selection” sting by another club currently borrowing a £12m “asset” of his. This is a bloke who has enough cash to make Steve Lansdown’s fortune look like loose change.

Truly bizarre.

Archived