IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

17 minutes ago, wood_red said:

But that is all you have done on here, you claim it is all nonsense and not on the official site, ,and you have no interest in anything that isn't on the official site - so why have you been on here non stop just trolling? Plenty of things on here are speculation as it is a forum. If you do not want to read and comment on subjects you have no interest in then why do you? Serious question.

Incredibly he also managed to find himself posting the same sort of nonsense in the transfer forum all summer. Why would anyone not interested at all in rumors make several deliberate clicks to find thier way into said forum, open a topic then post as he has done today? 

Such blatant trolling it was so obvious and it continues today. Before that he was just posting I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post! everytime he accidentally started reading a topic he had no interest in. Still, it breeds the attention and notoriety he so craves.

Honestly think an update and reminder of the forum rules should be considered by the mods for the benefit of all.

@Robbored why not take your own advice and put the forum on ignore for a bit? You can be a perfectly reasonable and interesting poster when you want to be. If you genuinely are not interested in rumors or anything unsubstantiated then why read and post? Troll? WUM? Hypocrite? You've surely got more to offer otib than that.

Got to pg7 before I skipped to the current page.

Press conference was Wednesday afternoon (after training?).

For those of you who have no idea what a Ruptured ACL is:

62281B4D-50C8-4106-A588-0C917FCCC844.thumb.jpeg.03496b143598e3e539b2488404d7d85d.jpeg

Along with the other bits and pieces it keeps the knee stable through the demands a knee is put through.

I ruptured mine during a game, going up for an unchallenged header, and came down awkwardly ending up with my right shin / foot sticking out at near right angle.  I played on for 10 minutes, and every time I turned, it gave out.  I played the following week, which is when I think it actually went from being partly torn to completely ruptured.

I damaged the cartilage / meniscus in the process.

They operated on it and replaced the torn ACL with some of my patella tendon.  My knee is now secure, but it was the cartilage damage and subsequent fluid that caused issues.  I took 2 1/2 years to get back playing, over compensating on my left knee and wearing away all the cartilage, requiring more ops.  I ended up playing about 40 games (mix of starts and subs) over 5 seasons before hanging up my boots at 31.  My left knee now needs a replacement.  I’ve been advised to wait until i’m In my 60s!!!

It is not an injury that is caused by over-training!

These day’s they replace the ACL with part of the hamstring....and although it gets you back playing quicker, data seems to suggest you are more likely to get recurrence rather than using the patella tendon.

Assuming story is true, hope Benik a full recovery.  What we don’t know is if this is the same knee as his previous ACL issues.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

62281B4D-50C8-4106-A588-0C917FCCC844.thumb.jpeg.03496b143598e3e539b2488404d7d85d.jpeg

Along with the other bits and pieces it keeps the knee stable through the demands a knee is put through.

I ruptured mine during a game, going up for an unchallenged header, and came down awkwardly ending up with my right shin / foot sticking out at near right angle.  I played on for 10 minutes, and every time I turned, it gave out.  I played the following week, which is when I think it actually went from being partly torn to completely ruptured.

They operated on it and replaced the torn ACL with some of my patella tendon.  My knee is now secure, but it was the cartilage damage and subsequent fluid that caused issues.  I took 2 1/2 years to get back playing, over compensating on my left knee and wearing away all the cartilage, requiring more ops.  I ended up playing about 40 games (mix of starts and subs) over 5 seasons before hanging up my boots at 31.  My left knee now needs a replacement.  I’ve been advised to wait until i’m In my 60s!!!

These day’s they replace the ACL with part of the hamstring....and although it gets you back playing quicker, data seems to suggest you are more likely to get recurrence rather than using the patella tendon.

Assuming story is true, hope Benik a full recovery.  What we don’t know is if this is the same knee as his previous ACL issues.

I'll mark Davefevs!

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In a word Dave.....Ouch!

My brother had much the same injury in the late 90s, not sure exactly what they did at that time but he needed another full op on it about 5 years ago as everything had "gone" in and around the knee, he decided to go private this time. Been much much better since then, gets a bit of stiffness in there from time and he knows he'll probably be on a walking stick before most...until the replacement op once he's an OAP of course!

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hard luck, Davefevs and thanks for the explanation. It would've sounded better though had you embellished the tale by instead of stating that you went up for an unchallenged header, you instead stated you were in an aerial challenge with Peter Shilton. Then the rumour would've spread that there was a serial football career terminator on the loose and parents all over the West Country would be keeping their offspring from leaping for a ball outdoors until the evil miscreant was apprehended.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Couple of paracetamol and back to work then...

Thoughts are with Benik for a swift and full recovery.

Can someone put my mind at rest please? Who was the forward we signed from Scotland once (not sure if it was a loan or not) if I recall correctly he got badly injured in the first half of his first game for us and we never saw him again. Who was it?

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

Can someone put my mind at rest please? Who was the forward we signed from Scotland once (not sure if it was a loan or not) if I recall correctly he got badly injured in the first half of his first game for us and we never saw him again. Who was it?

Vasko was it? From rangers? 

2 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

We had Vokes from Wolves as well IIRC. Hamstring after about 13mins of his debut.

3 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Andrius Velička from Rangers

Archived