IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

10 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Hard luck, Davefevs and thanks for the explanation. It would've sounded better though had you embellished the tale by instead of stating that you went up for an unchallenged header, you instead stated you were in an aerial challenge with Peter Shilton. Then the rumour would've spread that there was a serial football career terminator on the loose and parents all over the West Country would be keeping their offspring from leaping for a ball outdoors until the evil miscreant was apprehended.

Re Cheesley....although that clash with Shilton damaged his cartilage (which was bad enough in those days) and was thought to be what ended his career, he later found out that he had actually fractured his kneecap at the same time, but was undiagnosed.  The fitness regime of running up and down the Dolman Stand meant it never recovered and just meant his knee got worse and worse.

I only ever saw him play in his testimonial.  Gutted.

Would you believe it, I bumped into Kasey Palmer and Benik Afobe today in Bargain Booze in Bedminster. Kasey was pushing Benik around in a wheelchair. I didn't want to interrupt them, but as I left the shop I glanced back and Benik was pointing at the cans of Natch and I heard him saying "I want that one!"

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Well, it’s a real footballing set back for us, assuming true.

Its a real personal set back for him. Actually looked like he was enjoying himself. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Damn it.

I think that's what's upset me the most. He seemed to be happy here and looked like he was enjoying football again. Gutted for us but mostly for him. Speedy recovery Benik. 

7 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Totally forgot about Velicka!

Didn’t we crock George Elokobi soon after he signed on loan as well? 

I remember some lad breaking his leg on his debut? for us, from Reading? Can still hear the snap.

Edit, ah, mentioned already. Think I am getting my awful injuries mixed up.

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

On a different point , near the end some hack from the Telegraph started asking questions about TA. If I was Lee I would have said " I'll answer all your questions about Tammy, but first ask me ONE question about Bristol City ! "

Isn’t this the thing (Tammy) that he said would be released on Saturday?

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Isn’t this the thing (Tammy) that he said would be released on Saturday?

Think so. And it’s absolutely nothing of any  controversial nature. Just stuff about how good a student Tammy is, good kid etc. The only Swansea reference is that he thinks Tammy would be a better player in a top six side than a struggling team like Swansea.

Conclusion: The embargo was a BEP one only to get clicks on the weekend

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Think so. And it’s absolutely nothing of any  controversial nature. Just stuff about how good a student Tammy is, good kid etc. The only Swansea reference is that he thinks Tammy would be a better player in a top six side than a struggling team like Swansea.

Yep, that was exactly as I saw / read it.  Don’t want to do Swansea’s team-talk for them by spouting stuff ahead of the game.

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, that was exactly as I saw / read it.  Don’t want to do Swansea’s team-talk for them by spouting stuff ahead of the game.

20 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

On a different point , near the end some hack from the Telegraph started asking questions about TA. If I was Lee I would have said " I'll answer all your questions about Tammy, but first ask me ONE question about Bristol City ! "

Or it was the Telegraph Journo embargoing local press from saying stuff that he's putting into his Saturday special write up on Tammy's career so far.

• Admin

If Afobe isn’t injured what do the club have to gain from revealing that fact? It’s not like we’d all be gutted come kick off on Saturday to find him in the starting lineup! ??

Afobe scores.

City fans: *cross arms and refuse to celebrate because the club did a Boris Johnson*

Archived