IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You are ******* kidding me!

7pm statement people on here said...worth reminding why people said it.

Post Adam Baker the comms are run by a bunch of out of touch- well...

I don’t want to overstate the situation, because it’s only football at the end of the day....but I can’t but feel when the club ignores the elephant in the room for this long, it becomes almost insulting to supporters. Ultimately the club’s social media feeds should provide news first and foremost.

I realise there may be good reasons why the announcement hasn’t been made yet, but they could lay off the trivial stuff a bit in the meantime.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I don’t want to overstate the situation, because it’s only football at the end of the day....but I can’t but feel when the club ignores the elephant in the room for this long, it becomes almost insulting to supporters. Ultimately the club’s social media feeds should provide news first and foremost.

I realise there may be good reasons why the announcement hasn’t been made yet, but they could lay off the trivial stuff a bit in the meantime.

What if it isn’t true that he’s injured though. What if Swansea believe the reputable sources saying he is and spend the next few days preparing for playing against Fam. It might gain us a 1% advantage but at this level that can be the difference.

I repeat, the club have nothing to gain by announcing anything. Anything they announce doesn’t change the reality of whether he is fit to play on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yeah, make you right.

It's got to a stage where it's taking the piss I think.

@Ian M Think Swansea will have a plan for Diedhiou and a plan for Afobe- if they treat it as speculation they may hedge their bets a bit- that doubt could be useful though, maybe. On balance though, can't see it as ideal tbh.

2 minutes ago, Ian M said:

What if it isn’t true that he’s injured though. What if Swansea believe the reputable sources saying he is and spend the next few days preparing for playing against Fam. It might gain us a 1% advantage but at this level that can be the difference.

I repeat, the club have nothing to gain by announcing anything. Anything they announce doesn’t change the reality of whether he is fit to play on Saturday.

I get that, but clubs don't tend to behave like this, that I can remember. 

Or at least I don't remember a strong (injury) rumour that had absolutely no substance whatsoever. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah, make you right.

It's got to a stage where it's taking the piss I think.

@Ian M Think Swansea will have a plan for Diedhiou and a plan for Afobe- if they treat it as speculation they may hedge their bets a bit- that doubt could be useful though, maybe.

Plus if we all believe he’s out for the season, what does seeing him in the team do to our mood? We will be well up for it!

• Admin
2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I get that, but clubs don't tend to behave like this, that I can remember. 

Or at least I don't remember a strong (injury) rumour that had absolutely no substance whatsoever. 

I’m starting to believe he isn’t injured and a couple of journos chucked in throwaway lines about speaking to sources & the club is taking advantage of BBC & HITC reporting its true.

6 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I appreciate what you’re saying about the percentages thing, I’m just not really a fan of those sort of cat and mouse games. I’d rather all clubs were just straight up about it.

For there to be no word either way after this long is surely unprecedented, I can’t recall anything quite like it previously.

38 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

I would have Weimann up front, Palmer behind and Eliasson and Callum O' Dowda on wings. Were so anti football with Diedhiou on the pitch. 

A part of me agrees. I just worry about Weimann up top on his own. Really hope if that happens then Palmer supports him and doesn't leave Weimann too isolated.

I agree that Diedhiou not ideal for how we want to play. I believe LJ will go with Diedhiou though. Will be pretty amazed if he doesn't.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

A part of me agrees. I just worry about Weimann up top on his own. Really hope if that happens then Palmer supports him and doesn't leave Weimann too isolated.

I agree that Diedhiou not ideal for how we want to play. I believe LJ will go with Diedhiou though. Will be pretty amazed if he doesn't.

Totally agree with that. As someone else, I hope that doesn't mean we slip into old habits.

How about either:

Brownhill Massengo Nagy O'Dowda/Eliasson

Palmer

Weimann

OR 

Brownhill Nagy Massengo

Palmer O'Dowda

Weimann

Fluid 4-3-3 or a return to something like the 4-4-1-1 of 2 seasons ago, with plenty of scope for movement and interchanging.

Dunno about Eliasson and O'Dowda in the same side- who drops out from the midfield for a start?

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

How about either:

Brownhill Massengo Nagy O'Dowda/Eliasson

Palmer

Weimann

OR 

Brownhill Nagy Massengo

Palmer O'Dowda

Weimann

Fluid 4-3-3 or a return to something like the 4-4-1-1 of 2 seasons ago, with plenty of scope for movement and interchanging.

Dunno about Eliasson and O'Dowda in the same side- who drops out from the midfield for a start?

I really like the 4321....suggested the same on Twitter as an option.  Could even be 5221 without Nagy and obviously with wingbacks.  We did a 5221 away at Sheffield United last season.

3 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Marley Watkins anyone ? Unknown quantity, and be like a new signing.

Sneaked onto the bench last week....?

1 hour ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

I would have Weimann up front, Palmer behind and Eliasson and Callum O' Dowda on wings. Were so anti football with Diedhiou on the pitch. 

Weimann in championship 169 appearances and 27 goals.

fam in championship 77 appearances 27 goals

i appreciate that a lot of weimanns appearances have not been upfront but how fam is underrated by our fan base despite a better than 1 in 3 hit rate is beyond me

i back the big man...he is an unsung hero and if he has someone alongside him will be a 15-20 goal a season striker.

We have to back Fam. I’m a fan of his but fully aware he’s had some poor performances. That doesn’t mean we should overlook all his very good ones. Plus his scoring record at this level speaks for itself.

Dream scenario, he scores a winner Saturday and he’s our new hero by tea time. 

Archived