IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

3 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

For me, he seems to be on his ‘heels’ a lot...very reactive to through balls, and therefore looks slow, rather than making runs and being ‘on the front foot’. That’s the difference with Benik, he plays on the shoulder and is looking to make runs and is proactive, so is viewed as more mobile.

Not just me then :)

55 minutes ago, mozo said:

Yes but when reliable(ish) journos claim to have corroborated the info, I think you have to accept that this is real. Particularly with the gagging order after the Swansea presser.

Oh well we shall just have to wait and see.

10 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Is by far the most logical answer to all this simply that he has taken a knock in training, looks serious, but the club are not wanting to say anything until they actually know what it is? 

You don't get much of a thread out of that though!

Since when did OTIB do logical?

14 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Is by far the most logical answer to all this simply that he has taken a knock in training, looks serious, but the club are not wanting to say anything until they actually know what it is? 

Absolutely this. Nothing concrete will be said until they know the full extent of the injury. Not expecting good news though.

8 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Absolutely this. Nothing concrete will be said until they know the full extent of the injury. Not expecting good news though.

As said in previous post, unfortunate it’s a ACL injury, I’m not one for spreading rumours as my post history will show but it’s a freak accident in training and hopefully he recovers well. It’s shocking bad luck, hopefully we can get a loan if at all possible 

10 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

As said in previous post, unfortunate it’s a ACL injury, I’m not one for spreading rumours as my post history will show but it’s a freak accident in training and hopefully he recovers well. It’s shocking bad luck, hopefully we can get a loan if at all possible 

Loan window is shut until January as well. 

Diedhiou may have a better goals per game record than Weimann but the latter brings more to the side as a whole. The clever early runs, the movement, the intensity off the ball ie his pressing and work rate.

Better technically than Diedhiou too abd will link more readily with Palmer, O'Dowda and Eliasson- abd if by some miracle he's fit, Afobe- he can move around the front line too, more likely to he able to pop up as a wider forward than Diedhiou.

Not knocking Diedhiou, he has his uses- and seems to do quite well away from home.

Also don't think we've seen/got the best from him during his time here, the lone striker role in the way we setup was pretty thankless. As being played on the wing was for Weimann and Pack being played in a 2 didn't necessarily help him.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

What gagging order ?

1 hour ago, BlokeCDP said:

Was mentioned in the Stoke press conference but apparently under embargo so could not be reported.....or some crazy stuff like that.

OMG, we've got enough problems without publicising the blow-job scandal....

( ohh, dammit, I hope I haven't accidently let a cat out of a bag or started a rumour, I think I've said enough on this subject and won't comment further  ? )

5 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

( ohh, dammit, I hope I haven't accidently let a cat out of a bag or started a rumour, I think I've said enough on this subject and won't comment further  ? )

You can't leave it there, you've got to give us the full story - come on, spit it out.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-benik-afobe-injury-3334965

Essentially saying Afobe is out for months but not corroborated by the club - no comment was the answer from the club which would indicate Afobe has been badly injured. They could have said he's not been injured..

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-benik-afobe-injury-3334965

Essentially saying Afobe is out for months but not corroborated by the club - no comment was the answer from the club which would indicate Afobe has been badly injured. They could have said he's not been injured..

TBH i expect the club were hoping this wouldn't leak before the game, we are playing hopefully one of our promotion rivals and i'm sure delaying a news is a bit of gamesmanship to keep Swansea thinking Afobe would be the one starting. It leaking early gives them more time to prepare to face Fam (although i'm sure they're doing their homework on all our players even before the injury news).

7 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

It's amazing that a kitman can be asked to do such demeaning things...

6 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Bizarre

9 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Not sure what the bit in bold has got to do with anything tbh. I know a quite a few great blokes who would love to play for City but they won't.

He may very well be a very nice man but he is not mobile enough, he is practically static. 

And yes, he missed the most clear cut chances in the championship - top in that respect, or bottom whichever way you look at it.

Its not trashing him, its stating an opinion and you and others are entitled to disagree.

Its not as if I would boo the bloke in the stadium or give him grief, just stating an opinion.

I have read this stat a few times and would love to actually see what they class as all his clear cut chances, last season he had a thankless task up front pretty much alone having balls lumped up to him. Isn't his record of goals to minutes is the same as Assombalonga as well (I don't think Assombalonga would have got any more last season for us)? In my opinion we have a more driving midfield now and hopefully that will help a lot more with quicker movement all around, we were way too predictable last season and it seems it is easy to just blame Fammy for our failures, which I think is unfair on him - not saying you are blaming him at all..

20 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I still can’t get over how bizarre this all is.

I’m struggling to buy the “keep Swansea guessing” argument, players get injured in training all the time but we’ve never had a situation like this before.

LJ tends to do things a little differently, especially if he can convince himself of any marginal gain. In this case the confusion, he probably feels, could work in our favour. 

I get that they would want to know full details before saying too much, but normally a manager would say "yes he's had a bit of a knock and we await results of the scan". 

I cannot see any reason for smoke and mirrors though. 

Archived