IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

LJ tends to do things a little differently, especially if he can convince himself of any marginal gain. In this case the confusion, he probably feels, could work in our favour. 

I get that they would want to know full details before saying too much, but normally a manager would say "yes he's had a bit of a knock and we await results of the scan". 

I cannot see any reason for smoke and mirrors though. 

The only logical explanation is that if something has happened, they are waiting for the results of medical tests before commenting.  I agree that it’s strange to completely ignore media speculation though - hard to remember that happening before.

23 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I have read this stat a few times and would love to actually see what they class as all his clear cut chances, last season he had a thankless task up front pretty much alone having balls lumped up to him. Isn't his record of goals to minutes is the same as Assombalonga as well (I don't think Assombalonga would have got any more last season for us)? In my opinion we have a more driving midfield now and hopefully that will help a lot more with quicker movement all around, we were way too predictable last season and it seems it is easy to just blame Fammy for our failures, which I think is unfair on him - not saying you are blaming him at all..

You’d think we scraped enough points to avoid relegation. Not the second highest finish we have had in the last 20(correct me if I am wrong) years. 

Fam by no means perfect and missed a couple sitters but also had a few good headers hit the bar unluckily. He roughly scored 13 in 40(some sub appearances). Apparently missed 20 clear chances so he gets a clear cut chance per game. It isn’t out of this realm he becomes a bit calmer and 13 becomes 18. 

I get why people don’t rate him but reality is he has been asked to play a hold up role last season which isn’t his game. He didn’t complain and helped us finish 8th on 70 points. Our season isn’t doomed if we have to go back to that play style with 40 games of that under his belt now. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

You’d think we scraped enough points to avoid relegation. Not the second highest finish we have had in the last 20(correct me if I am wrong) years. 

Fam by no means perfect and missed a couple sitters but also had a few good headers hit the bar unluckily. He roughly scored 13 in 40(some sub appearances). Apparently missed 20 clear chances so he gets a clear cut chance per game. It isn’t out of this realm he becomes a bit calmer and 13 becomes 18. 

I get why people don’t rate him but reality is he has been asked to play a hold up role last season which isn’t his game. He didn’t complain and helped us finish 8th on 70 points. Our season isn’t doomed if we have to go back to that play style with 40 games of that under his belt now. 

Joe 

Maybe unfair to ask you personally , but I keep reading this phrase

His goals ratio is ok but looking a bit wider

What do you believe IS ‘his game’

8 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-benik-afobe-injury-3334965

Essentially saying Afobe is out for months but not corroborated by the club - no comment was the answer from the club which would indicate Afobe has been badly injured. They could have said he's not been injured..

I watched Gregor’s FB selfie interview last night. I didn’t get confidence in Gregor’s voice that he was still 100% sure, and was trying to justify jumping the gun before getting confirmation from the club.

Whatever will be will be.  We have a decent squad, Nagy will be back soon, Kalas too.  Gives an opportunity to play someone else....it’s not like we are down to having to play a 16 year old kid is it?

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I watched Gregor’s FB selfie interview last night. I didn’t get confidence in Gregor’s voice that he was still 100% sure, and was trying to justify jumping the gun before getting confirmation from the club.

Whatever will be will be.  We have a decent squad, Nagy will be back soon, Kalas too.  Gives an opportunity to play someone else....it’s not like we are down to having to play a 16 year old kid is it?

Once the dust settles on this, we will perhaps be more positive. If Afobe did play a full season here just how many (if any)  more goals would he be expected to score than our current striking options?

Find the entire situation very weird to be honest, from twitter bellends to the silence from the club.. If it wasn't true why would there be an embargo and nothing said in reply to the BBC article. I would imagine BBC Radio Bristol and the BBC must have some sort of idea to the information. 

IF it is a lie made up by someone and the BBC and Bristol Live have picked up on it it just shows the state of journalism nowadays

Been a weird couple of days

43 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's a tone deaf response as usual. I appreciate withholding info for tactical reasons, but the social media team don't appear to understand the support at all with posts like this.

They're unfunny and just seem a bit strange when there's obviously this elephant in the room.

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought GMcG seemed totally sure the injury story was true. Even with a “no comment” from the club, he must  have enough access to insiders to know the truth, and only seemed unsure why the announcement was being held back.

I think it’s happened, but as he is not our asset we cannot make the announcement as we would with a contracted player like Wright, Kalas etc. I would think Stoke want to have their doctors look at it, negotiate with us how the remainder of his loan will be managed, and most importantly they will want to protect the image of a player they bought for 12m and want to sell on. It may well be our hands are tied until Stoke have a plan....

So, some lad on twitter has admitted he was doing it as a wind up , plus apparent  sightings of benik in Waitrose not injured ?

before the admission of Tom foolery , the exiled robin runs with it late at night. Next morning , the post and bbc have picked up on it without any word from the club . 

This could be quite embarrassing for Gregor and co if it’s a hoax 

12 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I thought GMcG seemed totally sure the injury story was true. Even with a “no comment” from the club, he must  have enough access to insiders to know the truth, and only seemed unsure why the announcement was being held back.

At the risk of being ‘rather dull and repetitive’ I do find it remarkable that people seem to believe a notoriously unreliable social media  - twitter rather than a very reliable and thrust worthy source in the OS on all things City related.

Still no confirmation or denial on the OS regarding Afobe’s ‘injury’.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

At the risk of being ‘rather dull and repetitive’ I do find it remarkable that people seem to believe a notoriously unreliable social media  - twitter rather than a very reliable and thrust worthy source in the OS on all things City related.

Still no confirmation or denial on the OS regarding Afobe’s ‘injury’.

Do you reckon Afobe will start on Saturday?

Maybe the club are delaying the announcement until they know the full facts of the injury. Also, it might effect Swansea's tactics for tomorrow to hold back for as long as possible.

Or of course, it's all rubbish and someones made it up, its snowballed in the media and the club are sitting back laughing about it all.

10 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So, some lad on twitter has admitted he was doing it as a wind up , plus spar ant sightings of benik in Waitrose not injured ?

before the admission of Tom foolery , the exiled robin runs with it late at night. Next morning , the post and bbc have picked up on it without any word from the club . 

This could be quite embarrassing for Gregor and co if it’s a hoax 

I think he is lying about making it up. Another person posting for attention 

Archived