IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So, some lad on twitter has admitted he was doing it as a wind up , plus spar ant sightings of benik in Waitrose not injured ?

before the admission of Tom foolery , the exiled robin runs with it late at night. Next morning , the post and bbc have picked up on it without any word from the club . 

This could be quite embarrassing for Gregor and co if it’s a hoax 

Can you link the source for that?

35 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I thought GMcG seemed totally sure the injury story was true. Even with a “no comment” from the club, he must  have enough access to insiders to know the truth, and only seemed unsure why the announcement was being held back.

Fair enough.

Was it “no comment” as in he spoke to someone, asked the question and they actually said “no comment”, or...

Did he ask the club and no comment was made, as in he didn’t speak to anyone who could confirm or not.

Its bizarre whatever The truth actually is.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Its bizarre whatever The truth actually is.

I'd usually agree Fevs but perhaps the club, knowing how important he is for us, have decided that this rumour having now hit the media could work in our favour if it's not true, by impacting Swansea's preperations.  City have no obligation to comment other than to apeas fans fears which they can do when announcing the line up tomorrow. Imagine the atmosphere if Afobe starts. The Gate could be rocking.

That’s why I’m thinking/hoping.

We look on Twitter @ 2pm and see his name, or into the stadium and he’s there warming up or as they read the teams out just before the game, would be a great cheer every time he touches the ball for the first 10 minutes of the game

"Bcfcmitch" has made a string of contradictory tweets over the period tbh @Phileas Fogg

Can't be bothered to go through them now but he claims he's seen, claims he's not ITK but finds it amusing that people believe it etc etc.

Incidentally, I possibly went a bit far in my suggestion to report him to the anti social behaviour text line- but it was written in a jocular spirit as well. :P

EE0Ik8jXoAAF0wW.jpg

To name a few.

That last one was the original but subsequently deleted quite sharpish apparently.

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

At the risk of being ‘rather dull and repetitive’ I do find it remarkable that people seem to believe a notoriously unreliable social media  - twitter rather than a very reliable and thrust worthy source in the OS on all things City related.

Still no confirmation or denial on the OS regarding Afobe’s ‘injury’.

If you only trust the OS it's like a state-owned media; they only tell you what they want, when they want. If you use other sources, you often find out more detail and sooner. 

10 minutes ago, mozo said:

If you only trust the OS it's like a state-owned media; they only tell you what they want, when they want. If you use other sources, you often find out more detail and sooner. 

When it comes to all things Bristol City the OS is100% reliable. The only official source that there is and a source that the Post frequently use.

3 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Why is everybody so keen for the club to make a statement on this?

Whether he's actually injured or not, they clearly want to keep Swansea guessing, which is to our benefit.

Surely, gaining an advantage (however small) is more important than keeping us updated? :dunno:

Tbh......that has crossed my mind given the intensity of the rumour. It’s become far more widespread that the usual dodgy stuff seen on twitter.

6 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Why is everybody so keen for the club to make a statement on this?

Whether he's actually injured or not, they clearly want to keep Swansea guessing, which is to our benefit.

Surely, gaining an advantage (however small) is more important than keeping us updated? :dunno:

I get that point, but at the same time this is a marquee loan signing- not a top top marquee but a high calibre nonetheless, with wages and costs commensurate to that.

It will cost us dear on and off the pitch if he is out for the season- as a separate additional point, the club putting out Tweets about Rugby, Cider etc while there is a clamour by fans for news...all wrong.

Archived