IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

When it comes to all things Bristol City the OS is100% reliable. The only official source that there is and a source that the Post frequently use.

As you might have noticed, we're not all as bothered about 100% accuracy if it means we can find out details that haven't been curated by OS media machine.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's a tone deaf response as usual. I appreciate withholding info for tactical reasons, but the social media team don't appear to understand the support at all with posts like this.

They're unfunny and just seem a bit strange when there's obviously this elephant in the room.

Tend to agree.

I assume that their thinking is "it's driving hits/interest/content"- "all publicity good publicity", along those lines but well out of touch with the fan base I'd say.

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

As you might have noticed, we're not all as bothered about 100% accuracy if it means we can find out details that haven't been curated by OS media machine.

Obviously some are not bothered about accuracy but I am. Any thing other than accuracy is wild speculation and rumour imv.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I referring to incoming and outgoing news Dave.

I’m only 100% convinced that a player has signed or moved on if it’s confirmed on the OS.

Thats fine. Good for you.

But for a football forum, if we only spoke facts, it would be a very boring place and not much to talk about at all.

I'd argue that a football forum is the ideal place for speculation and conjecture.

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Thats fine. Good for you.

But for a football forum, if we only spoke facts, it would be a very boring place and not much to talk about at all.

I'd argue that a football forum is the ideal place for speculation and conjecture.

I’d agree - up to a point but rumours about injuries to our players is unnecessary and distasteful imv.

Like others I enjoy debate about performances and comments about individual players and of course LJ............:cool2:

59 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

"Bcfcmitch" has made a string of contradictory tweets over the period tbh @Phileas Fogg

Can't be bothered to go through them now but he claims he's seen, claims he's not ITK but finds it amusing that people believe it etc etc.

Incidentally, I possibly went a bit far in my suggestion to report him to the anti social behaviour text line- but it was written in a jocular spirit as well. :P

EE0Ik8jXoAAF0wW.jpg

To name a few.

That last one was the original but subsequently deleted quite sharpish apparently.

I am willing to believe he's taking the piss, Hakeeb is in the back of the video not Afobe. He doesn't live in Westbury (not sure about his missus). But 100% sure he doesn't.

It'll probably be a big clickbait thing in the end so that people end up subscribing to his other twitter and instagram page (the one that he makes his income from).

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’d agree - up to a point but rumours about injuries to our players is unnecessary and distasteful imv.

Like others I enjoy debate about performances and comments about individual players and of course LJ............:cool2:

Who are you to decide what is necessary? as long as its about football/bristol city its on topic!

And again, most would say its very necessary to discuss, because if he is injured it is a massive blow, is it not?

Plus, theres the fact that most injuries arent announced until the team is announced, for obvious reasons, so IF he did sustain an injury earlier in the week, stands to reason, it would'nt be announced and the conjecture is reasonable.

While i appreciate that everyone is desperately clutching at straws. in the hope that Benik is ok.............but sorry he is out for the rest of the season, and will probably not play for us again.  So thanks Benik, and the very best of luck in your future.  I't's a great shame, but injuries are part of football, and so we move on.

We’re all obviously very interested and hope for Benik and BCFC that he’s fit, however, regardless of whether the reports are accurate or not I wonder why some people think they have a right to know? Does having a season ticket entitled to know every aspect of a players fitness?

Not having a dig at any posters in particular, just curious why they feel that should be informed, I’m sure we’ll all be there Saturday either way. Even if he was our player I’m not sure his availability should be in the public domain, even though I want an update, I don’t feel the club owes me one.

The fact that he’s not our player and there are three parties involved; Benik, Stoke and ourselves and that he may need a second or third opinion only adds to the reasons that nothing has or needs to be said. Even if he was ours, do Lee or the club have to disclose that information? If I was the club and he was our player I wouldn’t feel obliged to tell our fans or opponents.

I do understand the frustration, but not sure why some feel that they should be in the loop, I pay over £500 for my season ticket, but I don’t expect to be privy to who’s fit, who’s not, who’s trained well etc... Like you all (and the Swansea manager) I want the information, but I don’t feel entitled enough to say the club are obliged to share.

Anyway, let’s hope he bangs a hat trick tomorrow, if not let’s hope Fam does and wish Benik well for operations and recovery.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Joe 

Maybe unfair to ask you personally , but I keep reading this phrase

His goals ratio is ok but looking a bit wider

What do you believe IS ‘his game’

Think he would prefer playing with more freedom like Afobe has played with next to Weimann. He seemed to link up with Semenyo in the cup as well. I am not saying he is better than Afobe because he isn’t but I do believe if he played next to Weimann or Semenyo the rest of the season in the 352 he’d score closer to 20 than to 10. 

I just feel he gets far too much stick as a main cog in a top 8 side and one of the most successful city sides in the last 25 years. We needed better and got it but it has(maybe?) gone sideways with an injury. I am still sure if Fam has to play the rest of the season he will be better than last year. Also still sure we are a better side than last year when Nagy, Kalas and Dasilva fit even without Afobe. 

Afobe would be a major loss as I think with him we can compete for auto places. If he is lost for the season still think we can be a playoff side with Fam and hopefully he pairs with someone and they start gelling

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Obviously some are not bothered about accuracy but I am. Any thing other than accuracy is wild speculation and rumour imv.

That's fine. Nobody wants you to think otherwise. But I think the forum knows now. You really don't need to reiterate it again old boy. 

8 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Who are you to decide what is necessary? as long as its about football/bristol city its on topic!

It’s a morale issue. 

Had it been officially confirmed via the OS then discussing it is perfectly acceptable on this or any football forum. However there has been no confirmation or denial of any injury to Afobe by the OS and yet posters begin to discuss it as if were 100% true.

I imagine that if a fully fit Benik read these comments he’d be either very upset or cracking  a rib laughing.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s a morale issue. 

Had it been officially confirmed via the OS then discussing it is perfectly acceptable on this or any football forum. However there has been no confirmation or denial of any injury to Afobe by the OS and yet posters begin to discuss it as if were 100% true.

I imagine that if a fully fit Benik read these comments he’d be either very upset or cracking  a rib laughing.

Why the hell would he be upset and why is it unacceptable to talk about a player being injured and the impact it has????

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s a morale issue. 

So you won't be commenting on this thread anymore then?

1 hour ago, Olé said:

If this isn't true I think we should delete the entire internet and get on with the rest of our lives.

What? How will we get your excellent match reports? By Post?

1 hour ago, Selred said:

The OS hasn’t said he is fit. So that must mean he isn’t?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrödinger's_cat

The rest of the world has Schrodinger's Cat, we have Afobe's ACL. Until it is announced he is both out for the season and available for Saturday. Clever move on the clubs part. :) 

12 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think he would prefer playing with more freedom like Afobe has played with next to Weimann. He seemed to link up with Semenyo in the cup as well. I am not saying he is better than Afobe because he isn’t but I do believe if he played next to Weimann or Semenyo the rest of the season in the 352 he’d score closer to 20 than to 10. 

I just feel he gets far too much stick as a main cog in a top 8 side and one of the most successful city sides in the last 25 years. We needed better and got it but it has(maybe?) gone sideways with an injury. I am still sure if Fam has to play the rest of the season he will be better than last year. Also still sure we are a better side than last year when Nagy, Kalas and Dasilva fit even without Afobe. 

Afobe would be a major loss as I think with him we can compete for auto places. If he is lost for the season still think we can be a playoff side with Fam and hopefully he pairs with someone and they start gelling

Thanks for reply and I was interested as you have reasons for your views

it’s not a dig at you but I struggle to identify ,  what ‘his game’ is

i hope you are right about a partnership but I’m not convinced ,

Personally I’ve seen little evidence of him forming partnerships  - Some may say Bobby Reid but I thought Reid was the important key there

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s a morale issue. 

9 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Why the hell would he be upset and why is it unacceptable to talk about a player being injured and the impact it has????

He'd be bloody well upset of he was fully fit but then cracked a rib reading OTIB! :) 

33 minutes ago, maxjak said:

While i appreciate that everyone is desperately clutching at straws. in the hope that Benik is ok.............but sorry he is out for the rest of the season, and will probably not play for us again.  So thanks Benik, and the very best of luck in your future.  I't's a great shame, but injuries are part of football, and so we move on.

Why do people like to think they know things for certain that they can’t be certain about?

We know it’s most likely the injury is genuine. But why not acknowledge the uncertainty?

Archived