IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

Why is everybody so keen for the club to make a statement on this?

Whether he's actually injured or not, they clearly want to keep Swansea guessing, which is to our benefit.

Surely, gaining an advantage (however small) is more important than keeping us updated? :dunno:

I think most of us can appreciate the reasons for and against making a statement. But rather it’s the unprecedented nature of the situation that is most bemusing. This is not usual behaviour for any club when there is a major injury, even with a game coming up.

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Another wind up and I would recommend not opening link......this Mitch bloke is a total bell end

He obviously just likes pissing about and gets a few bites . If it is bollocks it goes to show how poor journalism is these days. And I think Gregor is a massive step up from stockhausen 

On 18/09/2019 at 22:01, Robbored said:

Jeez...........:facepalm:

Who gives a shit about an unfounded rumour?

Get a life ffs..........

On 18/09/2019 at 22:11, Robbored said:

Hang on! 

Theres a thread on here about an unfounded rumour about an unfounded rumour.........:cool2:

All Im saying is who gives a shit about an unfounded rumour about an a unfounded rumour?     :dunno:

Ffs......this place sometimes is utterly ludicrous.

On 18/09/2019 at 22:12, Robbored said:

It’s wild speculation and rumour. Forget it and move on.

On 18/09/2019 at 22:31, Robbored said:

It’s all made up bollocks aimed at the gullible...............:cool2:

On 18/09/2019 at 22:43, Robbored said:

So what thread is that?  

As far as I can tell it’s about and unfounded rumour about an unfounded rumour aimed at the gullible.

On 18/09/2019 at 22:52, Robbored said:

The OS doesn’t post rumours so I suggest that posters visit the OS to see what’s actually happening at AG - but I guess that’s too sensible for some posters.........

On 18/09/2019 at 23:21, Robbored said:

So it’s acceptable to discuss unfounded rumours about unfounded rumours?  

Personally I think that’s utterly ludicrous - as others can tell!

On 18/09/2019 at 23:29, Robbored said:

It’s nothing more that gossip! It’s wild speculation based on no evidence whatsoever. Surely only the gullible fall for this kind of imaginary conjecture?

On 18/09/2019 at 23:34, Robbored said:

I have no interest in unfounded rumours and I’m really quite surprised at how many gullible types there are on here that do have an interest in wild speculation and rumour........

It must be an age thing..................:dunno:

On 18/09/2019 at 23:38, Robbored said:

Or........it’s a bluff to con the gullible otib posters..............:dunno:

On 19/09/2019 at 07:53, Robbored said:

Exactly why nobody should take any notice of unfounded rumour.

On 19/09/2019 at 08:06, Robbored said:

So if it turns out to utter bollocks then I can expect numerous apologies from those who have criticised me?...........:cool2:

On 19/09/2019 at 08:38, Robbored said:

Morning TM hope you slept well..........btw you don’t know the half of it............:cool2:

On 19/09/2019 at 09:21, Robbored said:

Not as far as I can tell..............:dunno:

On 19/09/2019 at 09:28, Robbored said:

Pot, kettle, black.................:rofl2br:

On 19/09/2019 at 09:38, Robbored said:

Because at the time it’s not fact regardless of how likely it is.

On 19/09/2019 at 09:39, Robbored said:

As I posted just now TM - you don’t know the half of it.

On 19/09/2019 at 09:46, Robbored said:

I completely agree PF.

Maybe you should aim this post at TM rather than me.  I’m not the agonist here.

On 19/09/2019 at 09:48, Robbored said:

If only I were protected by the Mods.........:)

On 19/09/2019 at 09:50, Robbored said:

Good idea. I’ll put him on ignore as  he never posts anything of substance so I won’t miss anything interesting.

On 19/09/2019 at 11:03, Robbored said:

My views/posts are sometimes controversial and if some others find them unpalatable then simply put me on ignore. Plus.......just for the record...... I never deliberately set out to wind anyone up.

It’s not my responsibility for the way others react.

On 19/09/2019 at 11:05, Robbored said:

Not yet.............:cool2:

On 19/09/2019 at 11:11, Robbored said:

Injuries happen at every club mozo and why strength in depth is so important. Injuries are like busses, you wait ages and then several come along all at once.

On 19/09/2019 at 11:25, Robbored said:

Thanks for the tip Major............:thumbsup:.........but you do realise that there numerous threads that I do not comment on. In fact I’d say waaay more than the threads that I do actually comment on.

19 hours ago, Robbored said:

Because it was all made up bollocks as I originally posted........if it’s not on the OS its invariably is wild speculation and rumour.

19 hours ago, Robbored said:

Because the twitter guy admitted that he’d made it all up?

18 hours ago, Robbored said:

None of them did any research or look for actual proof. All they had to do was look on the OS and they'd have realised that it was a fake story.

So?........:dunno:

In my world, if it’s not officially announced via the OS then it’s a false story.

If/when the club announce Afobe’s  ‘injury’ then I’ll believe it.

I’m no longer on twitter because I found most of the tweets truly ridiculous and laughable. I am on FB tho but largely to keep in touch with old mates who no longer live locally.

Other than otib, ziderheads and FB I don’t use any other social media - must be an age thing..............:dunno:

17 hours ago, Robbored said:

With others just stirring.......

Oh.......and no mention of Afobe being injured........

Was it?           :dunno:

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

At the risk of being ‘rather dull and repetitive’ I do find it remarkable that people seem to believe a notoriously unreliable social media  - twitter rather than a very reliable and thrust worthy source in the OS on all things City related.

Still no confirmation or denial on the OS regarding Afobe’s ‘injury’.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Possibly........:dunno:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

When it comes to all things Bristol City the OS is100% reliable. The only official source that there is and a source that the Post frequently use.

So using your logic, none of the City players are fit..................:dunno:

Tbh......that has crossed my mind given the intensity of the rumour. It’s become far more widespread that the usual dodgy stuff seen on twitter.

I referring to incoming and outgoing news Dave.

I’m only 100% convinced that a player has signed or moved on if it’s confirmed on the OS.

59 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Obviously some are not bothered about accuracy but I am. Any thing other than accuracy is wild speculation and rumour imv.

53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’d agree - up to a point but rumours about injuries to our players is unnecessary and distasteful imv.

Like others I enjoy debate about performances and comments about individual players and of course LJ............:cool2:

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s a morale issue. 

Had it been officially confirmed via the OS then discussing it is perfectly acceptable on this or any football forum. However there has been no confirmation or denial of any injury to Afobe by the OS and yet posters begin to discuss it as if were 100% true.

I imagine that if a fully fit Benik read these comments he’d be either very upset or cracking  a rib laughing.

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Jeez...........:facepalm:.........there has been no official confirmation  that Afobe is injured.

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Only to labour my point...............:cool2:

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Spelling was never my strong piont. 

Your  first post on this thread asks "Who gives a shit about an unfounded rumour?".

Your subsequent 40+ posts would seem to confirm that you are the person who gives a shit about unfounded rumours.

I must confess, however,  that this has yet to be confirmed on the OS,  so may not turn out to be true!

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Afobe IS INJURED AND WILL MISS THE REST OF THE SEASON.........END OF.  Why do people keep speculating?  He will probably not play for Bristol City again.  As sad as it is , it is a fact.

Or is it?

So Benik is on the injury list rumour has it. BBC website says possibility of being out for rest of season. Scans will be taking place and full assessment of injury before a full club statement I would ? think so we play a waiting game. One thing for sure he will not start against the swans 

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Afobe IS INJURED AND WILL MISS THE REST OF THE SEASON.........END OF.  Why do people keep speculating?  He will probably not play for Bristol City again.  As sad as it is , it is a fact.

It’s almost as if it hasn’t been confirmed by an official source and we don’t know for certain, isn’t it.

20 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thanks for reply and I was interested as you have reasons for your views

it’s not a dig at you but I struggle to identify ,  what ‘his game’ is

i hope you are right about a partnership but I’m not convinced ,

Personally I’ve seen little evidence of him forming partnerships  - Some may say Bobby Reid but I thought Reid was the important key there

I was having a similar(ish) debate with Tipps.

I have almost reached a conclusion that Diedhiou and Weimann just don’t work as pair (either together or with Weimann shunted wide).  Whether that is either or both of their fault, I don’t know.

I did see a semblance of a partnership between Fam and Taylor and Fam and Djuric, albeit it briefly.  Both Taylor and Djuric, although different players give defenders a hard time.  Perhaps Fam prefers to be the passive partner.

For Weimann he looked great alongside Afobe.

Even in those games last season when Weimann did play alongside Diedhiou (before we went one up top) I sensed Weimann’s frustrations.  Whether it was same runs, same space, I don’t know, they just never hit it off.  Weimann has looked back to his best this season and against the likes of Derby his movement was instinctive with Palmer.  My fear is that we stifle Palmer.  A free Palmer is a huge asset, but if he can’t create he becomes just another midfielder.

Tune it at 14:00 tomorrow and see the line-up.  Joy or meltdown?

3 minutes ago, hertsexile said:

So Benik is on the injury list rumour has it. BBC website says possibility of being out for rest of season. Scans will be taking place and full assessment of injury before a full club statement I would ? think so we play a waiting game. One thing for sure he will not start against the swans 

Even that isn’t certain based on what we know for sure.

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Research.......you should try it some time?

Please show us the research that tells us from an official and verified source that the injury rumour is definitely 100% true.

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Angry at the possible hoaxer? I can well see that.

Delighted at him in fact being available- think that'd be universal.

Bit of anger at the club for their handling? Yeah, I'd say so.

Help us out here Mr  P

You are pretty decent analytically and seem to have a reasonable handle on this

(As fat as you can see) does the first source of the rumour seem to go back to this clown on twitter ?

Whatever the outcome the whole thing is totally bizarre 

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was having a similar(ish) debate with Tipps.

I have almost reached a conclusion that Diedhiou and Weimann just don’t work as pair (either together or with Weimann shunted wide).  Whether that is either or both of their fault, I don’t know.

I did see a semblance of a partnership between Fam and Taylor and Fam and Djuric, albeit it briefly.  Both Taylor and Djuric, although different players give defenders a hard time.  Perhaps Fam prefers to be the passive partner.

For Weimann he looked great alongside Afobe.

Even in those games last season when Weimann did play alongside Diedhiou (before we went one up top) I sensed Weimann’s frustrations.  Whether it was same runs, same space, I don’t know, they just never hit it off.  Weimann has looked back to his best this season and against the likes of Derby his movement was instinctive with Palmer.  My fear is that we stifle Palmer.  A free Palmer is a huge asset, but if he can’t create he becomes just another midfielder.

Tune it at 14:00 tomorrow and see the line-up.  Joy or meltdown?

My sentiments exactly in an earlier post. Palmer becomes superflous with Fam up top as there is no one to read / run on to his through balls.

Archived