IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

23 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Your  first post on this thread asks "Who gives a shit about an unfounded rumour?".

Your subsequent 40+ posts would seem to confirm that you are the person who gives a shit about unfounded rumours.

I must confess, however,  that this has yet to be confirmed on the OS,  so may not turn out to be true!

But don't forget, he isn't disruptive at all and it's everyone else who is the problem.

Pathetic.

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Help us out here Mr  P

You are pretty decent analytically and seem to have a reasonable handle on this

(As fat as you can see) does the first source of the rumour seem to go back to this clown on twitter ?

Whatever the outcome the whole thing is totally bizarre 

From what I read earlier, the initial twitter post from the vocal person was posted around 30 mins after the exiled robin posted his crypic tweet about there being an injury. 

2 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

From what I read earlier, the initial twitter post from the vocal person was posted around 30 mins after the exiled robin posted his crypic tweet about there being an injury. 

Ta -

Anyone know if anyone has asked Exile Robin the veracity of his info / source ?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Obviously some are not bothered about accuracy but I am. Any thing other than accuracy is wild speculation and rumour imv.

But no one is saying it's true or accurate, or disputing that it's only a rumour. What's wrong with discussing it regardless of whether it's fact or rumour? No one is trying to force you to believe it. If you don't want to take part, don't read or post, but why critise people for discussing something. It's what the forum is for.

If fact, you appear to be the only one saying with certainty that he isn't injured and that it's all made up. The fact is no one on here knows.

36 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Your  first post on this thread asks "Who gives a shit about an unfounded rumour?".

Your subsequent 40+ posts would seem to confirm that you are the person who gives a shit about unfounded rumours.

I must confess, however,  that this has yet to be confirmed on the OS,  so may not turn out to be true!

Who gives a shit about an unfounded rumour.... Ah forget it. 

I understand why, as it's a normal human instinct to want to hope. But I am truly incredulous at the amount of self denial and doubt on this subject.  How else does one formulate a fact, other than by using research and information to ascertain the truth? Rather than blinkered opinion?  If people would take the time to explore the internet and some of the reputable sites on it, then there can only be one conclusion......... Benik unfortunately has suffered a major injury, and will not play again this season. Glib insults and sad ridicule won't change the truth?   I wish him all the best in his future.

2 minutes ago, Paul Turnip said:

If fact, you appear to be the only one saying with certainty that he isn't injured and that it's all made up. The fact is no one on here knows.

I’m assuming that Afobe isn’t injured - not saying with certainty that he isn’t.  Your last sentence is absolutely right.

41 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Afobe IS INJURED AND WILL MISS THE REST OF THE SEASON.........END OF.  Why do people keep speculating?  He will probably not play for Bristol City again.  As sad as it is , it is a fact.

I didn't know capital letters made rumours turn into facts. I'm gutted I didn't know this before tbh. 

I'M HUNG LIKE A HORSE AND BANG LIKE A SEWING MACHINE 

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I understand why, as it's a normal human instinct to want to hope. But I am truly incredulous at the amount of self denial and doubt on this subject.  How else does one formulate a fact, other than by using research and information to ascertain the truth? Rather than blinkered opinion?  If people would take the time to explore the internet and some of the reputable sites on it, then there can only be one conclusion......... Benik unfortunately has suffered a major injury, and will not play again this season. Glib insults and sad ridicule won't change the truth?   I wish him all the best in his future.

Without wanting to sound like a certain poster, I’d only trust the Official Site as being the only ‘reputable site’ where we can find out for certain whether Benik is injured or not.

All your jargon there shows that you also don’t know for certain whether Benik is injured or not

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Without wanting to sound like a certain poster, I’d only trust the Official Site as being the only ‘reputable site’ where we can find out for certain whether Benik is injured or not.

All your jargon there shows that you also don’t know for certain whether Benik is injured or not

It's pointless, I give up and retire ..........best of luck seeing Benik trot out onto the pitch tomorrow..??

7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

FACT eh.....

More like your opinion 

Hate to break this to you but that’s not what constitutes FACT

Embarrassing

I have just read this whole thread back again, plenty of spare time on the train down from Manchester to Bristol at the moment

Robbored is kind of right to be fair, the club have not confirmed or denied anything yet he is getting ridiculed for his opinion

It is those moaning about him that are making this thread even worse than it needs to be

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It’s a morale issue. 

Had it been officially confirmed via the OS then discussing it is perfectly acceptable on this or any football forum. However there has been no confirmation or denial of any injury to Afobe by the OS and yet posters begin to discuss it as if were 100% true.

I imagine that if a fully fit Benik read these comments he’d be either very upset or cracking  a rib laughing.

I'd be fine with a cracked rib - that'll only be a few weeks out.

7 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I didn't know capital letters made rumours turn into facts. I'm gutted I didn't know this before tbh. 

I'M HUNG LIKE A HORSE AND BANG LIKE A SEWING MACHINE 

LADY COLBY-TIT HERE.

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO CONFIRM THAT HE’S NOT AND HE DOESN'T!!

Archived