IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

I've already made peace with the fact that on the balance of probability, this is all true and Afobe is indeed out for the season.. I've therefore adjusted my hopes and expectations for tomorrow/the season accordingly. This seems like the best thing to do, because if it does turn out to be true, nothing new... If it turns out to be bullshit however, can you imagine the scenes when his name is announced tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

I've already made peace with the fact that on the balance of probability, this is all true and Afobe is indeed out for the season.. I've therefore adjusted my hopes and expectations for tomorrow/the season accordingly. This seems like the best thing to do, because if it does turn out to be true, nothing new... If it turns out to be bullshit however, can you imagine the scenes when his name is announced tomorrow.

What a sensible  post !

:clap:

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Your  first post on this thread asks "Who gives a shit about an unfounded rumour?".

Your subsequent 40+ posts would seem to confirm that you are the person who gives a shit about unfounded rumours.

I must confess, however,  that this has yet to be confirmed on the OS,  so may not turn out to be true!

And this is exactly why I have put him on ignore (shame you cannot ignore all the quoted posts as well) - the only time I have ever done it to anyone on here. The bloke is a fooking troll and just wants to create friction and argument, because he obviously has nothing better to do with his time.

SAD AS **** FOR A SO CALLED GROWN MAN, posts are more like that of a 13 year old child.

Am I the only one who is with Robbored on this one?  Until the clubs or the player himself confirm this matter, one way or the other, all speculation is pointless.  The BBC nationally say their information has come from Radio Bristol, who appear to have got their information from the Bristol Post, who say that the news has not been confirmed by either Bristol or Stoke City, and indeed that Bristol City has refused to comment when asked.  No one has identified their source, and I find it quite impossible to imagine why neither City or Stoke would have failed to comment on this if it were entirely true.  This could go down as the biggest hoax since the signing of Carl Heggs (happy memories, Rob!) or it could be true.  I have no ****** idea.

3 minutes ago, Corshamred said:

My guess , for what it’s worth , is it isn’t actually  true and the club haven’t commented on it because they don’t comment on rumours (just like they don’t every time we are linked with a player) but they are all probably having a good laugh over the whole thing.

Well, if it turns out to be bullshit there will be quite a few red faces including;

Exiled Robin

Peter O'Rourke

The BBC

SKY

Bristol Post and Gregor especially

Skybet, Ladbrokes, Bet365, Coral, and others who have taken him down from the scorers list (and Paddy Power who have Afobe as 1/1000 to score anytime)

And Robbored will be strutting around like a peacock.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Help us out here Mr  P

You are pretty decent analytically and seem to have a reasonable handle on this

(As fat as you can see) does the first source of the rumour seem to go back to this clown on twitter ?

Whatever the outcome the whole thing is totally bizarre 

See I've already been beaten to it BBSB, but I believe having done a bit of research that Exiled Robin first?

FWIW also BCFC Mitch has again declared he isn't injured- just now.

@bcfc01

You can also add Goal.com, some source in Africa, think Prutton cited the injury in his preview to name 3! The last one could also be classed as Sky too.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

See I've already been beaten to it BBSB, but I believe having done a bit of research that Exiled Robin first?

FWIW also BCFC Mitch has again declared he isn't injured- just now.

Now here’s a twist....might it have been BCFC Mitch that told Exiled Robin.sherlock holmes GIF

1 hour ago, supercidered said:

To be honest I think the bell sniff 'Mitch' is a step up from Stockhausen!

Mitch is just a fan on the wind up, Gregor is the journo amongst a few that’s gone with it . My point being they troll through social media for a story these days rather than proper journalism 

5 minutes ago, Corshamred said:

I hadn’t thought about checking the bookies. He is not listed with BET365 to score anytime in the game tomorrow and they sponsor Stoke so I guess they might know.

Oh well ☹️

He'll have been pulled because they don't know either. 

(at least the chaps formulating the odds) 

18 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Am I the only one who is with Robbored on this one?  Until the clubs or the player himself confirm this matter, one way or the other, all speculation is pointless.  The BBC nationally say their information has come from Radio Bristol, who appear to have got their information from the Bristol Post, who say that the news has not been confirmed by either Bristol or Stoke City, and indeed that Bristol City has refused to comment when asked.  No one has identified their source, and I find it quite impossible to imagine why neither City or Stoke would have failed to comment on this if it were entirely true.  This could go down as the biggest hoax since the signing of Carl Heggs (happy memories, Rob!) or it could be true.  I have no ****** idea.

So people on here shouldn’t discuss it!? I would be more surprised if I’d of logged on knowing the rumours and finding no topic on it.

This thread has been a lot of discussion of if it’s true how do we play, is Fammy going to be good enough, should we sign any one else - perfectly reasonable discussion.

Others have been discussing is this true or made up, and with the lack of confirmation from the club is something fair to discuss.

Then there are the people like yourself and Robbored outraged that people are talking about it.

Out of those 3 groups is say it’s the last one in the minority and trying to force their opinion on others...

18 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

So what was the point of discussing the Kalas transfer, Nketiah, JD, Webster etc etc etc - that was all speculation until it was announced wasn't it? What is the difference? Yet good old RR spent plenty of time commenting on such topics...

The bottom line is there is a rumour and it gets posted, if you want to read it then read and comment on it, if you think it is all a pointless exercise then let the others discuss it if they want to surely? If it turns out to be nothing then great, don't see why anyone owes RR an apology which he seems to think it warrants.

Why would anyone who thinks the subject is pointless comment on said thread 40+ times??? 

1 minute ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Bet 365 should have good inside information to know if he was fit or not.

They should if they go asking for it. I don't imagine the boss of BET365 (who likely knows) will have rushed to inform all and sundry. In the grand scheme its largely irrelevant to their market. 

Archived