IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good post Joe

Semenyo has some real ability but when I’ve seen him is a bit static 

That may make him more , or less , suited to pairing with FD - Not really sure

AW is on a completely different frequency to FD !

Yea Andi and Fam should be a decent pairing but on limited chances they have been poor together. 

Semenyo I see a similar style to Matty Taylor actually. He surprises me with his ability on the ball and holding it up but don’t see any real natural ability inside the penalty area. 

Speaking of Taylor thought he and Fam had some moments in a pairing like Stoke in the cup. So do feel like Fam and Semenyo could be ok with Semenyo much more athletic than MT. 

Feels like with Afobe out(still not sure if he is) we don’t have any natural partnerships left. Then lone striker formations Fam has limitations and despite what many think of Weimann I am sure he would not thrive in the role. He may get on the end of 1-2 through balls but he isn’t much quicker than Fam in all honesty and he does not hold the ball up well. It is a shame our strikers have been a conundrum these past couple seasons because our midfield and defence has been good enough for promotion. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yea Andi and Fam should be a decent pairing but on limited chances they have been poor together. 

Semenyo I see a similar style to Matty Taylor actually. He surprises me with his ability on the ball and holding it up but don’t see any real natural ability inside the penalty area. 

Speaking of Taylor thought he and Fam had some moments in a pairing like Stoke in the cup. So do feel like Fam and Semenyo could be ok with Semenyo much more athletic than MT. 

Feels like with Afobe out(still not sure if he is) we don’t have any natural partnerships left. Then lone striker formations Fam has limitations and despite what many think of Weimann I am sure he would not thrive in the role. He may get on the end of 1-2 through balls but he isn’t much quicker than Fam in all honesty and he does not hold the ball up well. It is a shame our strikers have been a conundrum these past couple seasons because our midfield and defence has been good enough for promotion. 

Weren't Andi and Fam up top together for his hattrick at Sheff Utd? Know Fam set him up for his 3rd anyway. Feel like they're the perfect pairing, we just need COD and Eliasson on the pitch together whenever Fam is playing.

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm not sure how anyone is going to use the injury of a player as a reason to "beat the manager"

If LJ tactically gets it wrong due to the change in forward, then there is grounds for questions to be asked

It could definitely become a PR 'own goal' if fans feel they're being kept in the dark for no good reason

19 minutes ago, petehinton said:

His Brian Tinnion 'exclusive' the other month was pure BS, tbf

14 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Just looked it up and that's fair. 

He did say according to his sources, so he's not outright stating it was a fact. 

His source was shit stirring....and as I understand it, wouldn’t mind Tinnion’s job himself.  But I don’t know how true it was.  Knowing who the alleged source was I could see why he might’ve fed Gregor that story.  

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

His source was shit stirring....and as I understand it, wouldn’t mind Tinnion’s job himself.  But I don’t know how true it was.  Knowing who the alleged source was I could see why he might’ve fed Gregor that story.  

Plot twist: Famara has been leaking stories to Gregor about Afobe being injured. 

I can't help feeling that the club is making a point by failing to respond to an unsourced story circulating on social media - they don't have to respond to it, and they're seemingly not going to do so. I can understand that.

Now that approach works if the story is wrong, the people fearing the worst - us - will be delighted it was all nonsense and it will soon be forgotten. We might even admire the club for rising above such things.

On the other hand if the story is true then the people fearing the worst will have it confirmed at the last moment, as we take the field in an important match, and perhaps the mood will sour. If its bad news I've always thought it best to get it out there as quickly as reasonably possible and let people come to terms with it, however disappointing.

21 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

When I watched Semenyo in the U23s , because of his strength and impressive ability to turn players and then burst into the space it almost looked like he preferred to be pretty static and invite a defender , and on occasions two , up tight behind him so that he could then use his strength and skill against them

He was extremely impressive in that game doing exactly that and then ghosting past players

I just think that’s not so easy to do at Championship level and , finding space something he maybe needs to work on , but a talent no doubt

He also scored in that game with an absolute rocket from just inside the area so difficult to judge him as a finisher per se

Tbh Joe Id look at KP behind AW or AS behind AW in a 4-4-1-1 , if not immediately

I do think FD hinders our overall play and cohesiveness, but his goals make him difficult to just cast aside

I also have a nagging wonder about what NE would do in a 10 role but that’s not really our obvious problem in terms of options

7 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I can't help feeling that the club is making a point by failing to respond to an unsourced story circulating on social media - they don't have to respond to it, and they're seemingly not going to do so. I can understand that.

Now that approach works if the story is wrong, the people fearing the worst - us - will be delighted it was all nonsense and it will soon be forgotten. We might even admire the club for rising above such things.

On the other hand if the story is true then the people fearing the worst will have it confirmed at the last moment, as we take the field in an important match, and perhaps the mood will sour. If its bad news I've always thought it best to get it out there as quickly as reasonably possible and let people come to terms with it, however disappointing.

They’ll probably try to bury the bad news with some good .

Benik Afobe us out for the season but be the first to try a new hedgehog and nettle pie on sale around the ground  , that should do it .

:yes:

16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Plot twist: Famara has been leaking stories to Gregor about Afobe being injured. 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Plot twist:  Fam asked Marley to nobble him....he’s got form.

Plot twist: Diedhiou accidentally nobbled Afobe in training thereby greatly enhancing his first team chances- ironically using his potential strength in the challenge for a change.

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

They’ll probably try to bury the bad news with some good .

Benik Afobe us out for the season but be the first to try a new hedgehog and nettle pie on sale around the ground  , that should do it .

:yes:

sadly that is plausible...

5 minutes ago, TomF said:

That it's still only 4pm and I'm still stuck in the office when its 24 degrees outside and cold cider in the bar downstairs. 

30 minutes and I'll be starting the weekend in the beer garden down the road ?

City tomorrow to watch Afobe get a hat trick (maybe, maybe not) then a couple or three on the way home ?

Lovely :clapping:

Archived