IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

Ffs 

Firstly, let’s hope benik has a successful recovery and comes back fit and fighting, this sort of injury (especially for a second time) could be career ending. I really hope it isn’t for him.

From the clubs point of view that’s a real kick in the guts, but we finished 8th without him last season, and we’ve strengthened our arguably weakest area (midfield), I don’t think this will totally define our season.

Lets get behind Fam/Semenyo/ Weimann on Saturday. All good strikers in their own right

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

Go and do some actual research then. Something the main two journalists haven't appeared to have done. 

It started doing the rounds on Twitter on Wednesday evening after @bcfcmitch posted that he'd done his ACL. This was shortly after 10pm. About half hour later he deleted this tweet but the story continued.

The next morning, The Post, who had spent half the Summer publishing any tenuous link on Twitter as transfer fact, published a story that he was suspected to have a season ending ACL injury and 30mins later, once in the wild, Peter O'Rourke did similar quoting his "source close to the club" (Gregor?). On Thursday evening the original poster on twitter announced it was a hoax and he couldn't believe how many people fell for it. I have tweeted Gregor 4 times since he took on his role at the Post, he has only failed to reply once. Funnily enough that one time was yesterday when I sent him a screenshot of the originator's admission and asked for his comment on that. 

He isn't injured. 

Ok....if you say so

27 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I also have a nagging wonder about what NE would do in a 10 role but that’s not really our obvious problem in terms of options

Yep, I've wondered about NE playing 'inside', either as a 10 or in a 2 up front. I think the coach at his previous club had started playing him in one of those positions (don't quote me on that!).

12 minutes ago, petehinton said:

we are a Fam injury away from being truly ******

Janneh out as well. We need to get a team capable of playing football. Fam is not mate with the bathroom soap BUT he is very useful within the box.  We need more footballerw on the pitch. If Nagy is fit Brownhill with his inept technique MUST be benched giving room for another player with technique to make our passing game going. 

Bit of a sickener going in tomorrow’s big game. Yet again, January looks massive for us.

I’d like to see a list of the amount of injuries we have had under LJ. He’s not very lucky in that respect!

Kalas

Nagy

Dasilva

Afobe

All in a short space of time.

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Bit of a sickener going in tomorrow’s big game. Yet again, January looks massive for us.

I’d like to see a list of the amount of injuries we have had under LJ. He’s not very lucky in that respect!

Kalas

Nagy

Dasilva

Afobe

Medium to long term injuries too- that's just this season, doesn't include Maenpaa Smith coming into the season either!

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Kalas

Nagy

Dasilva

Afobe

Korey Smith

Hegeler

Diedhiou

Brownhill

Dasilva

Duric

Matty Taylor

All these have spent lengthy spells on the sidelines, and that's just off the top of my head.  Imagine all the wages that have been spent on injured players over the last few years.

I guess we are cursed. I expect another injury tomorrow too, they are dropping week after week, one after the other.

Archived