IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

5 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Bit of a sickener going in tomorrow’s big game. Yet again, January looks massive for us.

I’d like to see a list of the amount of injuries we have had under LJ. He’s not very lucky in that respect!

Kalas

Nagy

Dasilva

Afobe

All in a short space of time.

And all players that are first teamers and would get into a lot of teams in this division.

Big losses.

3 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Korey Smith

Hegeler

Diedhiou

Brownhill

Dasilva

Duric

Matty Taylor

All these have spent lengthy spells on the sidelines, and that's just off the top of my head.  Imagine all the wages that have been spent on injured players over the last few years.

I guess we are cursed. I expect another injury tomorrow too, they are dropping week after week, one after the other.

Can add Pisano to that list? Fielding was he out a while, Maenpaa at least medium term?

10 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Gutted for the lad, just as he found love for football again ?

Spot on.

He really seemed to be enjoying himself on and off the pitch.

Lets hope he gets back to full fitness, this is a very serious injury by all accounts, wish him  all the good luck in the world, it’s going to be a long road back.

5 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

As Ive mentioned before, we still have the talent and support to achieve a play-off place.

Convential wisdom went out of the window when unfancied Norwich and Sheffield United won automatic promotion last season.

Why shouldn't it be our turn?

All the talent in the world is meaningless if half the squad is crocked. You mention Norwich, but what if they'd lost Pukki to a season ending injury in September? I somehow doubt they'd be where they are now.

14 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Janneh out as well. We need to get a team capable of playing football. Fam is not mate with the bathroom soap BUT he is very useful within the box.  We need more footballerw on the pitch. If Nagy is fit Brownhill with his inept technique MUST be benched giving room for another player with technique to make our passing game going. 

What the hell are you on about now? 

3 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

All the talent in the world is meaningless if half the squad is crocked. You mention Norwich, but what if they'd lost Pukki to a season ending injury in September? I somehow doubt they'd be where they are now.

But Sheffield United's front pairing of Sharpe and McGoldrick had a combined age of 66 and they succeeded, thanks to a well drilled 3-5-2. 

24 minutes ago, Ian M said:

At least I made you happy to be right that he’s injured. Makes 1 of us.

What a Inane comment, I am extremely sorry for Benik, and I wish him all the very best in the future,. he will be sorely missed by everyone at Ashton Gate, not only as an outstanding striker, but also as a great bloke.  He was rebuilding his reputation & career and looking like the answer to all our hopes, it is really not fair.   I think you have decided shooting the messenger is the way to go?, and  for some reason you seem  to think that I'm pleased to be proved correct.  Nothing could be further from the truth..............I am just astounded that it seemed to take the majority of posters so long to realise the truth of the matter, apparemtly research and investigation is frowned upon?  Far better to delude oneself that everything is ok. and ignore the mountains of evidence?

26 minutes ago, petehinton said:

we are a Fam injury away from being truly ******

Is the blanked out word.....better-off?

Joke btw.

LJ needs to show Fam the new level of expectation of a striker alongside Weimann and in-front of Palmer.  Fam does have ability and sublime touches at times.  Needs to be more willing to make runs either for Palmer’s passes or to create space for others.

Lets just see how the next 5/6 games go.  The people of here giving up on our team are likely the very same people bemoaning the loan signing of Afobe.

Football is a strange game, and Fam has a great opportunity to silence the critics.  He ain’t perfect, but we are still a good team.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Could be the time for AS to fill the void.

He’ll be an unknown quantity to the opposition defenders......I’m not suggesting he should start ahead of Famara but possibly alongside him.........we’ll know tomorrow for sure.

Would you not play Weimann, bearing in mind the good start to the season he’s had?  Imho, he’s now our number one striker.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Is the blanked out word.....better-off?

Joke btw.

LJ needs to show Fam the new level of expectation of a striker alongside Weimann and in-front of Palmer.  Fam does have ability and sublime touches at times.  Needs to be more willing to make runs either for Palmer’s passes or to create space for others.

Lets just see how the next 5/6 games go.  The people of here giving up on our team are likely the very same people bemoaning the loan signing of Afobe.

Football is a strange game, and Fam has a great opportunity to silence the critics.  He ain’t perfect, but we are still a good team.

Fam should be concentrating on what he is good at. Getting a touch. Within the box. That's what he is about. It's LJ responsibility to put on a team capable of a passing game ending with providing Fam with the relevant ball.  

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

What a Inane comment, I am extremely sorry for Benik, and I wish him all the very best in the future,. he will be sorely missed by everyone at Ashton Gate, not only as an outstanding striker, but also as a great bloke.  He was rebuilding his reputation & career and looking like the answer to all our hopes, it is really not fair.   I think you have decided shooting the messenger is the way to go?, and  for some reason you seem  to think that I'm pleased to be proved correct.  Nothing could be further from the truth..............I am just astounded that it seemed to take the majority of posters so long to realise the truth of the matter, apparemtly research and investigation is frowned upon?  Far better to delude oneself that everything is ok. and ignore the mountains of evidence?

There wasnt any mountain of evidence though until the announcement on the website. Most people on here were joking about the story, and lack of credible sources or giving people stick for not believing rumours til its on the website. Its all very good giving robbored stick, but if we believed the various news sources then ntekiah would be playing for us tomorrow.

I am kind of worried about the psychological impact this will have on the rest of the squad.

You see it at games: a penalty missed, or an unfair reffing decision or a bad injury, and the team can become unsettled and start playing badly.

Have to pray Lee has the man management skills to build them up to fight in adverse circumstances, rather than reflect on the bad luck that seems to be following the team at the moment.

Archived