IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Sturman 1

On 18/09/2019 at 22:01, Robbored said:

Jeez...........:facepalm:

Who gives a shit about an unfounded rumour?

Get a life ffs..........

On 18/09/2019 at 22:11, Robbored said:

Hang on! 

Theres a thread on here about an unfounded rumour about an unfounded rumour.........:cool2:

All Im saying is who gives a shit about an unfounded rumour about an a unfounded rumour?     :dunno:

Ffs......this place sometimes is utterly ludicrous.

On 18/09/2019 at 22:12, Robbored said:

It’s wild speculation and rumour. Forget it and move on.

On 18/09/2019 at 22:31, Robbored said:

It’s all made up bollocks aimed at the gullible...............:cool2:

On 18/09/2019 at 22:43, Robbored said:

So what thread is that?  

As far as I can tell it’s about and unfounded rumour about an unfounded rumour aimed at the gullible.

On 18/09/2019 at 22:52, Robbored said:

The OS doesn’t post rumours so I suggest that posters visit the OS to see what’s actually happening at AG - but I guess that’s too sensible for some posters.........

On 18/09/2019 at 23:21, Robbored said:

So it’s acceptable to discuss unfounded rumours about unfounded rumours?  

Personally I think that’s utterly ludicrous - as others can tell!

On 18/09/2019 at 23:29, Robbored said:

It’s nothing more that gossip! It’s wild speculation based on no evidence whatsoever. Surely only the gullible fall for this kind of imaginary conjecture?

On 18/09/2019 at 23:34, Robbored said:

I have no interest in unfounded rumours and I’m really quite surprised at how many gullible types there are on here that do have an interest in wild speculation and rumour........

It must be an age thing..................:dunno:

On 18/09/2019 at 23:38, Robbored said:

Or........it’s a bluff to con the gullible otib posters..............:dunno:

I could go on but i wont.

Oh dear.

Two questions from me, may have already been mentioned in the previous million posts in this...

1. Who do we bring in in January to lead the line, loan or permanent?

2. Did LJ see enough of Benik to convince him even with the injury that he is worth signing permanently for next season, even potentially at a reduced fee?

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Two questions from me, may have already been mentioned in the previous million posts in this...

1. Who do we bring in in January to lead the line, loan or permanent?

2. Did LJ see enough of Benik to convince him even with the injury that he is worth signing permanently for next season, even potentially at a reduced fee?

IMO:

1) I could see us trying to buy a player from abroad or from the lower leagues (Ivan Toney?) in January as it is seemingly harder to get a proven Champ striker then at a reasonable price.

2) 3 ACL injuries by the age of 26 and having played in the premier league and with Stoke he would have been on high wages. I would say these are all fairly bad signs and there will be other just as capable players out there with better injury records and at a better value for money. Still a massive shame though. 

11 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Yes mate and same as Geoff knows where the net is not afraid to knock em about.

I know from experience of playing against him and in training. ?

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Exactly.  The only players I can remember us signing on an emergency loan was John Ruddy in 2007.

Cotts used the old emergency loan rule for players like Matt Smith.

13 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

you won’t replace Benik until January so it’s Fam and Semenyo. Get your head around it

This is true,,and even then??

I'm now very grateful for the (unexpectedly) high points yield thus far & see getting past that 50 point mark,, forgetting pipedreams of top six,,being realistic & getting our heads together - ensuring our Championship status as priority.

Would imagine now Matty will be recalled in January.

21 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

This is true,,and even then??

I'm now very grateful for the (unexpectedly) high points yield thus far & see getting past that 50 point mark,, forgetting pipedreams of top six,,being realistic & getting our heads together - ensuring our Championship status as priority.

Would imagine now Matty will be recalled in January.

Reports are that Taylor won’t be considered as the club and the player have moved on .

We won’t see Matty in a City shirt again.

:sad26:

13 hours ago, downendcity said:

The real shame about Afobe's injury is that it comes at the same time as we are without Kalas, Saliva and Nagy.

We would be a handful for any team in this division with a fit first choice defence and our all new midfield signings available. Yes, losing Afobe is a blow because he's fitted in so well and has been looking so good, but it's the supply coming from midfield that could really make the difference and Weimann and Famara are more than capable of prospering from it.

Dry times indeed. ?

14 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

There are some players who could do a job!?

I’d like to see how it goes during the next few games but if we are struggling then I wouldn’t be averse to someone like Okazaki.

14 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

There are some players who could do a job!?

I’d like to see how it goes during the next few games but if we are struggling then I wouldn’t be averse to someone like Okazaki.

12 minutes ago, Diddlydonkey said:

Would you play them both as a front 2?

Archived