Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sturman 1

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I fear you're right @ScottishRed

Can only hope there was some provision in the contract- loan fee probably gone but the wages, hopefully if he is out for the season, his wages from here to the end of his loan deal aren't something we need to pay.

@Kingswoodactor Seen Gayle's wages? Would probably require a loan fee too. Kodjia is an interesting and possibly more affordable alternative however.

Kodjia wouldn't come back here, a load of Championship clubs would be in for him & the way our fans have treated him since he left would probably be enough to put him off!

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

Kodjia wouldn't come back here, a load of Championship clubs would be in for him & the way our fans have treated him since he left would probably be enough to put him off!

True. He'd be more affordable on loan than Gayle I think but yeah it's unlikely- wasn't there a rumour he refused to play for us too?

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-pays-benik-afobes-wages-3337806

Seems we'll be paying his wages until January at the earliest. Claiming compensation a non starter, mentions nothing about a partial rebate on loan fee, and emergency loans only applicable to goalies of course.

Presumably any insurance we have for injuries will extend to loanees as well as permanent club players. Should at least soften the blow.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Presumably any insurance we have for injuries will extend to loanees as well as permanent club players. Should at least soften the blow.

Forgot about insurance. Wonder what % is covered etc- hopefully all of it!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

22 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure I agree. Someone you name - Lyle Taylor up to speed straight away. Kodjia, Tammy up to speed straight away. Sheff utd pair were up to speed straight away when they got promoted. Collins of Luton seems to be up to speed already too. Loads more examples I'm sure.

So if there's someone who has done brilliantly in league one by Christmas, we could possibly get them and it could be sensible business.

Ironic if it's Mo Eisa! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

God I hope this is true

52A48D37-BFF1-4C6A-A53D-4DAD852AC888.jpeg

83C47085-BC92-48BE-B839-165280C9DB40.jpeg

If true - and it is possible to fake these sorts of screenshots - it instantly turns this into a classic thread.

Personally, I don't know what to believe atm. Think I'll take a break for a bit and see what happens.

Edited by ExiledAjax

13 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

God I hope this is true

52A48D37-BFF1-4C6A-A53D-4DAD852AC888.jpeg

83C47085-BC92-48BE-B839-165280C9DB40.jpeg

He's still claiming he's out for 5 more months anyway - doesn't really alter the problems

8 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

Academy players have been spreading it 

If you mean the younger players then without being disrespectful they would be young and naive to believe everything

Let's hope it's just all one big plan to unsettle Swansea's preparations !

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

He's still claiming he's out for 5 more months anyway - doesn't really alter the problems

He’s saying he made the whole thing up, not just the specific injury

• Like 1

The club saying nothing, I guess they still don’t know the extent. ******* typical. OK deep breath, enter Antoine Semenyo!

IF it's true and IF it originated from this guy, no offence to him but absolute *******- at least his post/message is an absolute *******.

I mean bravo in a sense for getting it run on believed not just by Bristol Post, but also BBC reporting on it, FL World- Steve Cooper commented on it in his press conference- but Christ sake!

I'll be delighted and relieved if it's all a stupid hoax however the fact that is has been run on by sources such as the last 2 plus of course the Swansea manager mentioning it makes me fear the worst- but some people...

3 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

He’s saying he made the whole thing up, not just the specific injury

Sorry - my bad @Nathandao I just realised I misread the tweet

I see he was replying to his own tweet . . 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I didn’t think clubs took out insurance for injuries as the premiums are very high.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

I didn’t think clubs took out insurance for injuries as the premiums are very high.

Would be surprised if they didn't, imagine trying to cover the cost of a high earner that had to be replaced with someone on the same wedge

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

If this was all a hoax, then the club’s social team must be pissing themselves at all of this!

11 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I know that guy in real life... wouldn't surprise me if he made it up, will send him an instagram DM now

Would be even funnier if he worked for Bristol Sport

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

If this was all a hoax, then the club’s social team must be pissing themselves at all of this!

Yes maybe. But it if it is a hoax maybe its time to put it to bed?!

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Has anybody asked him via,  Twitter for example , if the rumours have substance ?

Normally these lads are all over social media.

Was looking for Afobe on Instagram earlier. He doesn’t have an account... not sure about twitter though

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Or started by the Club to confuse Swansea 😉😋😂

• Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Nathandao said:

Was looking for Afobe on Instagram earlier. He doesn’t have an account... not sure about twitter though

I had a look on KP45's earlier but there wasn't anything…

LJ must be delighted if it’s all BS and it’s got Swansea second guessing our line up. 

Not so delighted if it’s true obviously...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Sorry but if G McG said it appeared to be true, surely he has checked with the club?

His story said the club wouldn’t comment.....so he ran with it anyway.

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Sorry but if G McG said it appeared to be true, surely he has checked with the club?

He did the same for Tinnion, so...

In all honesty I dont know how much he/Bristol Post get out of the club directly 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

He has neither, one of the women’s players tagged an account they thought was him the other day and it was some meme troll account. 

Fair play to Benik, probably losing a fair bit of advertising cash without social media

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He did the same for Tinnion, so...

In all honesty I dont know how much he/Bristol Post get out of the club directly 

Probably will get even less than they do now if it turns out to be BS.

Edited by Numero Uno

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What do we think of the rumour starter then, if it's fake?

I can't say as it would not get past the swear filter.......................

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Probably will get even less than they do now if it turns out to be BS.

I imagine he’s in danger of being in hot water over his job too...

The one interesting line that Gregor McGregorface has just come out with (the rest of his news feed on the BEP is just speculation today) is that Nathan Jones was asked about Afobe at his news conference today but his “comments are embargoed pending an official statement”

That seems to me Stoke may not be clear on what’s happening either?!?

13 minutes ago, Dredd said:

LJ must be delighted if it’s all BS and it’s got Swansea second guessing our line up. 

Not so delighted if it’s true obviously...

If this is a load of Bull Crap then it is a further instance of LJ's brilliant use of modern methods to help gain a result. He will go down in history as the first manager in world soccer to use Fake News.

This will start a trend and players of all clubs will train behind closed doors during the week and then don faux plaster casts and walk on crutches the rest of the week in public. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScottishRed said:

I can't say as it would not get past the swear filter.......................

Makes 2 of us!!

1 match ban- preferably Swansea. This is one time I'd support a match ban for a fan. 😆

Not wishing to sound like I’m at work or anything but the exiled robin released a veiled post about bad news last night at 2138hrs. 

The supposed joke tweet from the bloke above was at 2219hrs. 

I think it’s unlikely the bloke attempting to take credit for the rumour is telling the truth that he made it up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What do we think of the rumour starter then, if it's fake?

true.jpg.91b2d09502cfdc34dfdaf0edd175d419.jpg

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

true.jpg.91b2d09502cfdc34dfdaf0edd175d419.jpg

I usually agree with your posts, but given the BBC, Football League World have run with it- given Steve Cooper has commented on it, I have to think it's more than some *expletive* *expletive* on Social media.

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Not wishing to sound like I’m at work or anything but the exiled robin released a veiled post about bad news last night at 2138hrs. 

The supposed joke tweet from the bloke above was at 2219hrs. 

I think it’s unlikely the bloke attempting to take credit for the rumour is telling the truth that he made it up. 

So the person we thought was the perpetrator of a so called fake tweet is actually faking that he did make this fake story up .... glad it’s all clear now 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Then sir I believe the said rumour monger would be regarded as a proper c@nt.

Is the right answer! Nice swerve of the swear filter. :thumbsup:

Hope the stewards eject them Saturday if it's a hoax.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I usually agree with your posts, but given the BBC, Football League World have run with it- given Steve Cooper has commented on it, I have to think it's more than some *expletive* *expletive* on Social media.

Sadly I also think that it's probably true and have done for some time.My post was made very much "tongue in cheek" 

It seems that Bristol City is the Flying Dutchman of league football. Doomed to sail forever in the Championship sea without ever arriving at the Premier League port.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

From the BP

Just a word from Stoke

We understand the subject of Benik Afobe’s injury was raised in Nathan Jones’ press conference but the quotes have been embargoed until the club make an official statement

• Hmmm 1