IGNORED

Train disruption TONIGHT Between TAUNTON and TEMPLE MEADS

phantom

• Admin

GWR have confirmed that they are planning to close the line between Weston and Bristol during the evenings in a few weeks time

This will affect anyone travelling SOUTH from Bristol (Parson Street) AFTER the home match against Charlton on Wednesday 23rd October

Trains are currently scheduled to run up to 9pm, after that replacement buses will be in operation between these stations

As request has gone in to see if the works can be pushed back two hours on this evening but a decision has yet to be made

If anything changes I will post in this thread

• Admin
On 17/10/2019 at 10:07, phantom said:

GWR are currently only supplying ONE coach per journey

It has been raised with them about the football and discussions are ongoing about putting additional coaches on the FIRST of the replacement services

GWR have just confirmed that there will be THREE coaches working the 2205 replacement service from Parson Street, and there will also be an ADDITIONAL coach on standby for the service an hour later and guarantee to pick up from Parson Street

• The topic was pinned

I find it poor the line closes at 2150 after the last Plymouth train has go west , why network rail can't delay taking possession by 10mins to let the local train run is beyond me,

Worth noting that if you are going to Taunton and and want to miss the bus and don't mind not getting in till 1am the last train of the day is running between Bristol and Taunton , depart Bristol 2341 & its going Vir Bath and Westbury, gets to Taunton before the 2nd bus replacement 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived