IGNORED

Trolls

Red Army 75

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

I would assume, like me, when you see a topic by a certain poster you know what you are going to get.

Be that something very good, or something bad shit crazy!

I guess there are only a finite number of people that are interested in posting on a forum anyway?

I completely agree, unfortunately a certain someone is always posting, and ruining,  threads they aren't interested in.

47 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

I've never understood why people get so wound up by robbored. In any forum theres always going to be a range of opinions and personalities.

I don’t think it’s a case of getting so wound up. Most people reply to point out his mistakes, lies and bullshit.

29 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Purposely attempting to derail threads isn't having an opinion.

He does occasionally make valid points and express an actual opinion, but 90% of the time it's pure guff to attention seek.

Equally, being an attention seeking arse isn't the same as having a personality.

Nail on the head. 

10% decent contributor. 

90% bollocks. 

1 hour ago, Unan said:

This forum has gone to shit. Few posters posting often, when was the last time you saw a good post from someone you don't recognise?  

City fans trying to wind up other City fans. Beyond me.

Forum needs to be advertised or something, I understand that does cost though.

It's a good forum, i'm a member of a couple of others and this is by far the most civil of all. Some other forums get pretty nasty. 

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Purposely attempting to derail threads isn't having an opinion.

He does occasionally make valid points and express an actual opinion, but 90% of the time it's pure guff to attention seek.

Equally, being an attention seeking arse isn't the same as having a personality.

He's like the OTIB version of Henbury Gas........maybe he's one of the same, a Super Troll.

He does have a bit of history with the sags.......

I'm amazed by how angry people appear to get by a guy who simply occasionally says 'I don't believe in rumours'. 

And he is more often than not correct! How many rumours were complete nonsense last summer. The absolute majority.

1 hour ago, Unan said:

This forum has gone to shit. Few posters posting often, when was the last time you saw a good post from someone you don't recognise?  

City fans trying to wind up other City fans. Beyond me.

Forum needs to be advertised or something, I understand that does cost though.

32 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's a good forum, i'm a member of a couple of others and this is by far the most civil of all. Some other forums get pretty nasty. 

There’s an element of truth in both these statements although they seem diametrically opposed.

First things first - this forum has not “gone to shit”. There’s a good level of debate (generally), and if you visit other clubs message boards this one is populated by a surprisingly large number of sane people, and a number of excellent posters (who I won’t name to avoid starting a fight!) - so at base level, @Phileas Fogg is right.

However, where @Unan is right is that you don’t see a lot of good posts from newcomers. To be honest, that’s a general forum thing. People (I include myself in this) lurk on forums for months or years and don’t ever post. Then they might tip over to 1-2, then they become regular. The first step is always the hardest, and it’s like a schoolyard - it can seem an unwelcoming place. Things also always seem worse in writing as you can’t read intonation so a comment that may be meant as gentle mickey taking comes over as hostile. I think that’s one of the issues people have with the person who’s driven this thread - number of times I’ve seen a comment of “you’re obviously new here” which isn’t going to encourage newbies to participate.

Long and short of it is that it’s a good forum, but any forums also intimidating and we should all remember the words of Ghandi “Words are like weapons, they wound you sometimes”

Actually, no, that was Cher. Message still relevant.

2 hours ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Let’s ask him. I’m sure he did. And that bloody avatar was his boss.

So @Robbored come on down. Stop polishing your bowls.

Was you ever a mental health professional or have I got it wrong?

**** me. I think I might be trolling ?

I’ve been bowling on an indoor carpet this afternoon and consequently my bowls are highly polished......

I spent 38 years working in mental health, 35 of them as a trained psychiatric nurse. A long, successful and enjoyable career which ended when I retired in 2010.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’ve been bowling on an indoor carpet this afternoon and consequently my bowls are highly polished......

I spent 38 years working in mental health, 35 of them as a trained psychiatric nurse. A long, successful and enjoyable career which ended when I retired in 2010.

My picture above was right! 

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm sure you are actually one of Robbored's patients - you killed the real Robbored and assumed his identity many years ago!  It happens a lot in films.

11 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I'm sure you are actually one of Robbored's patients - you killed the real Robbored and assumed his identity many years ago!  It happens a lot in films.

I’m the real Robbored for sure but over the years many people have used me as a role model. 

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

TBH I find Robbored rather dull and repetitive on many, many subjects, but wouldn't class him as a troll. It's just his personality that seems to irritate many rather, I think, than him deliberately setting out to do so. 

There are far worse people on this forum than him. 

‘rather dull and repetitive’.........ouch!

Thats worse than being labelled a troll.

22 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Wouldn't be the same here without him.

*Sarcasm isn't my strongest point

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

‘rather dull and repetitive’.........ouch!

Thats worse than being labelled a troll.

Is it?

In that case, you're ‘rather dull and repetitive’

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Yes a lot of threads are being hijacked, and going off course from the subject.

Has anyone seen the film mask with cher?

Didnt rate it myself.

The other half is going to see Cher this year. She said how it was impressive How good Cher looked at her age - my response was that Cher is the human equivalent of Triggers Broom. Gave me the opportunity to break out the below:

(Apologies for the off piste)

Archived