Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Kid in the Riot

Rugby World Cup 2019

New Zealand V S Africa on Saturday will be a good marker. England have an outside chance as long as Farrell doesn't blow it. along with Ireland and Wales. Australia with Pocock back should make the semis at least. Possibly the most open World Cup yet.

South Africa for me if they can keep pollard injury free, their depth at scrum half is mind blowing and with their pack you have to fancy them.

NZ can’t be written off though, and they’ll be very hard to beat with their nouse at major tournaments.

Ireland, Wales and England all also have a shot, as do Australia.

Will be a fascinating 6 weeks or so. Here’s hoping for a Samoa v England final 😂

South Africa win the world Cup in 12 year cycles. Granted the world Cup only started in 1987 but they won in 95 and 07. Only right they win in 19.

Faf de klerk is one of my favourite players and of course with my Bath hat on, I love FLouw but le Roux will be key at full back with what he can offer. 

I drew Argentina in the sweepstake at work. Never mind. 

1 hour ago, The Batman said:

South Africa win the world Cup in 12 year cycles. Granted the world Cup only started in 1987 but they won in 95 and 07. Only right they win in 19.

Faf de klerk is one of my favourite players and of course with my Bath hat on, I love FLouw but le Roux will be key at full back with what he can offer. 

I drew Argentina in the sweepstake at work. Never mind. 

He was immense in the last game of the season at Ashton Gate, always a pleasure to watch players that make the game look so easy. He orchestrated everything. How the hell is he at Sale? Surprised a bigger club hasn't come in for him...

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He was immense in the last game of the season at Ashton Gate, always a pleasure to watch players that make the game look so easy. He orchestrated everything. How the hell is he at Sale? Surprised a bigger club hasn't come in for him...

I'd love to see him down the rec.

I'm going to presume (in fact I'm certain) that he's one of sale's "excluded players" from the salary cap. Which answers your point about why other clubs have not got him, they can't because of the restrictions in place, unless they move another player out. 

I could be wrong, but I'd say its pretty nailed on that that is the reason why. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Batman said:

I'd love to see him down the rec.

I'm going to presume (in fact I'm certain) that he's one of sale's "excluded players" from the salary cap. Which answers your point about why other clubs have not got him, they can't because of the restrictions in place, unless they move another player out. 

I could be wrong, but I'd say its pretty nailed on that that is the reason why. 

I think that's right, without checking it myself.

I saw Bristol at Sale last season and he was at least a couple of levels above everyone else on the pitch, and that was with some good, international capped players on both sides.

10 hours ago, Super said:

Not many handshakes at FT!

The only surprise was that didn't happen earlier! Was simmering all game.  I thoroughly enjoyed both the games today.  Quality sport.  You have to fancy the All Blacks.  When Sonny Bill Williams comes off the bench with 20 minutes left it says something about the overall squad strength.

• Like 1

Jus noticed your location YATE I lived there in my previous life 30 years ago. Is the pub 002 still there 

On 20/09/2019 at 20:19, Northern Red said:

I think that's right, without checking it myself.

I saw Bristol at Sale last season and he was at least a couple of levels above everyone else on the pitch, and that was with some good, international capped players on both sides.

Many years ago my friends company had a box at Worcester and they balloted the games. One day he won and he asked me to go along to watch Worcester vs sale (funilly enough) 

A certain Sebastian Chabal played for sale that day. He was the quickest, strongest, best tackler, read the game better than anyone else and more than likely covered more ground as well. An absolute joy to watch him live.

Something that I can't say that I had noticed before, but watching the Ireland Scotland game, since when has the feed for the scrum been acceptable to be at the shoulder of the flanker?

Sort of makes the hooker redundant??

Edited by eastonboy

Last time the Japanese were shafted by the organisers.  Had to play Scotland 4 days after beating South Africa which effectively stopped them qualifying.  This time Scotland have Japan in the last game 4 days after playing Russia.  Would not be a surprise to me if Japan get out the group.

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

On this showing Scotland will be lucky to win a game. Dire.

Yep. The Scots are almost as shite at rugby as they are at football - until they play England......

5 hours ago, City oz said:

Don’t worry about it, I get up at 3.00am in OZ to watch City play the night matches mid week. 

It's a real bitch ain't it! It's nice to have a sporting event that's on at a respectable hour. Funking Ashes nearly killed me! 

Ellis Genge. Good for him to get game time, made a couple of errors but great experience. Good win, bonus point, job done. 

Samoa beat Russia 34-9 as the whole world finds out what Bristol fans already knew, Tusi Pisi can’t kick!

Leuia scores 2 as well

Some questionable tackles in that game, the authorities are really going to have to sort this out before someone gets seriously injured. 

19 minutes ago, Midred said:

What happened about the Australiann who was cited after their first match?

Decision after the final?

Banned for 3 weeks. 

It'll be interesting to see if the two yellow cards Samoa picked up in their game against Russia are upgraded too. Both worse than Hodge's tackle and all deserving of red cards in my view.

Edit: just looked it up, both have been cited. That'll be minimum 6 weeks for both, possibly reduced to 3 on grounds of previous disciplinary records like Hodge's. I can't be bothered to look up any possible previous citings.

Edited by MichaelRobartes
  • Thanks 1

How will this high tackling rule work? Looking at some of the forwards they'd have to bent double not to commit a high tackle on some of the back line!

Standard that the Americans are the first to get a red card... shocking, can't even say attempt of a tackle absolute shit**** cheap shot 

37 minutes ago, Midred said:

How will this high tackling rule work? Looking at some of the forwards they'd have to bent double not to commit a high tackle on some of the back line!

It's been the case for a while now. The players, coaches and referees should know better by now. Union is finally taking head injuries and concussion seriously, everyone needs to adapt or be left behind. No excuses.

Unfortunately an absolutely awful cheap shot in this game just then. He'll get a long ban for that but that was a red long before the high tackle rules were hardened.