IGNORED

Rugby World Cup 2019

Kid in the Riot

South Africa for me if they can keep pollard injury free, their depth at scrum half is mind blowing and with their pack you have to fancy them.

NZ can’t be written off though, and they’ll be very hard to beat with their nouse at major tournaments.

Ireland, Wales and England all also have a shot, as do Australia.

Will be a fascinating 6 weeks or so. Here’s hoping for a Samoa v England final ?

South Africa win the world Cup in 12 year cycles. Granted the world Cup only started in 1987 but they won in 95 and 07. Only right they win in 19.

Faf de klerk is one of my favourite players and of course with my Bath hat on, I love FLouw but le Roux will be key at full back with what he can offer. 

I drew Argentina in the sweepstake at work. Never mind. 

1 hour ago, The Batman said:

South Africa win the world Cup in 12 year cycles. Granted the world Cup only started in 1987 but they won in 95 and 07. Only right they win in 19.

Faf de klerk is one of my favourite players and of course with my Bath hat on, I love FLouw but le Roux will be key at full back with what he can offer. 

I drew Argentina in the sweepstake at work. Never mind. 

He was immense in the last game of the season at Ashton Gate, always a pleasure to watch players that make the game look so easy. He orchestrated everything. How the hell is he at Sale? Surprised a bigger club hasn't come in for him...

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He was immense in the last game of the season at Ashton Gate, always a pleasure to watch players that make the game look so easy. He orchestrated everything. How the hell is he at Sale? Surprised a bigger club hasn't come in for him...

I'd love to see him down the rec.

I'm going to presume (in fact I'm certain) that he's one of sale's "excluded players" from the salary cap. Which answers your point about why other clubs have not got him, they can't because of the restrictions in place, unless they move another player out. 

I could be wrong, but I'd say its pretty nailed on that that is the reason why. 

5 hours ago, The Batman said:

I'd love to see him down the rec.

I'm going to presume (in fact I'm certain) that he's one of sale's "excluded players" from the salary cap. Which answers your point about why other clubs have not got him, they can't because of the restrictions in place, unless they move another player out. 

I could be wrong, but I'd say its pretty nailed on that that is the reason why. 

I think that's right, without checking it myself.

I saw Bristol at Sale last season and he was at least a couple of levels above everyone else on the pitch, and that was with some good, international capped players on both sides.

10 hours ago, Super said:

Not many handshakes at FT!

The only surprise was that didn't happen earlier! Was simmering all game.  I thoroughly enjoyed both the games today.  Quality sport.  You have to fancy the All Blacks.  When Sonny Bill Williams comes off the bench with 20 minutes left it says something about the overall squad strength.

On 20/09/2019 at 20:19, Northern Red said:

I think that's right, without checking it myself.

I saw Bristol at Sale last season and he was at least a couple of levels above everyone else on the pitch, and that was with some good, international capped players on both sides.

Many years ago my friends company had a box at Worcester and they balloted the games. One day he won and he asked me to go along to watch Worcester vs sale (funilly enough) 

A certain Sebastian Chabal played for sale that day. He was the quickest, strongest, best tackler, read the game better than anyone else and more than likely covered more ground as well. An absolute joy to watch him live.

Archived