IGNORED

Rugby World Cup 2019

Kid in the Riot

Last time the Japanese were shafted by the organisers.  Had to play Scotland 4 days after beating South Africa which effectively stopped them qualifying.  This time Scotland have Japan in the last game 4 days after playing Russia.  Would not be a surprise to me if Japan get out the group.

5 hours ago, City oz said:

Don’t worry about it, I get up at 3.00am in OZ to watch City play the night matches mid week. 

It's a real bitch ain't it! It's nice to have a sporting event that's on at a respectable hour. Funking Ashes nearly killed me! 

19 minutes ago, Midred said:

What happened about the Australiann who was cited after their first match?

Decision after the final?

Banned for 3 weeks. 

It'll be interesting to see if the two yellow cards Samoa picked up in their game against Russia are upgraded too. Both worse than Hodge's tackle and all deserving of red cards in my view.

Edit: just looked it up, both have been cited. That'll be minimum 6 weeks for both, possibly reduced to 3 on grounds of previous disciplinary records like Hodge's. I can't be bothered to look up any possible previous citings.

37 minutes ago, Midred said:

How will this high tackling rule work? Looking at some of the forwards they'd have to bent double not to commit a high tackle on some of the back line!

It's been the case for a while now. The players, coaches and referees should know better by now. Union is finally taking head injuries and concussion seriously, everyone needs to adapt or be left behind. No excuses.

Unfortunately an absolutely awful cheap shot in this game just then. He'll get a long ban for that but that was a red long before the high tackle rules were hardened.

5 hours ago, Midred said:

How will this high tackling rule work? Looking at some of the forwards they'd have to bent double not to commit a high tackle on some of the back line!

The laws of the game shouldn't cater for oversized forwards tackling smaller backs. You set the laws of the game and it's then up to coaches to find players that are able to excel within them.

If coaches find that using 6'8" locks means they keep losing them to the sin bin then they'll adjust. Either you teach those giants to tackle low or you replace them with smaller men that can tackle within the laws. If that means that certain players don't play or are used less then so be it. Might take a few seasons for that adjustment to happen but it will. I say this with raw memories of being over six foot by the time I was 13 and hating having to kneel down to tackle little scrum-halves that hadn't had their growth spurt yet.

Archived