IGNORED

Rugby World Cup 2019

Kid in the Riot

27 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

I don't think the jocks will be placated with the "no regrets" philosophy of world rugby if they don't get through by not playing.. 

Indeed. The "contingency plan" appears to consist of hoping that the game can be played when it should be and then saying "oh well never mind" if it can't.

• Admin
28 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Indeed. The "contingency plan" appears to consist of hoping that the game can be played when it should be and then saying "oh well never mind" if it can't.

The problem is the "back up" ground is in the line of the typhoon too so they can't move the venue

It's a bit of a disaster for the tournament really. I enjoyed Eddie Jones' views, imagine if England needed to win the last match to get through or top the group, would have been a huge meltdown.

Hoping that both games in our pool go ahead. We need a BP win and for Scotland to beat Japan to get through as group winners. The way we're playing NZ and SA would both wipe the floor with us anyway so it probably doesn't matter.

In other news, respect to Italy for drawing with NZ. Commendable.

1 hour ago, MichaelRobartes said:

It's a bit of a disaster for the tournament really. I enjoyed Eddie Jones' views, imagine if England needed to win the last match to get through or top the group, would have been a huge meltdown.

Hoping that both games in our pool go ahead. We need a BP win and for Scotland to beat Japan to get through as group winners. The way we're playing NZ and SA would both wipe the floor with us anyway so it probably doesn't matter.

In other news, respect to Italy for drawing with NZ. Commendable.

As much as people are saying that England and France having an extra week's rest will give them an advantage, it could work the other way. There's a danger of both going in a bit undercooked. In England's case especially, we've won 3 games whilst barely breaking sweat, a game against France with something riding on it would have been no bad thing.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

As much as people are saying that England and France having an extra week's rest will give them an advantage, it could work the other way. There's a danger of both going in a bit undercooked. In England's case especially, we've won 3 games whilst barely breaking sweat, a game against France with something riding on it would have been no bad thing.

That is true, but England already have a few injury problems. I don't think they'll be at all upset at not having to play the match and having another week to get some players back nearer 100%. If there was anything at all riding on it for them, Eddie would be going ballistic.

• Admin
16 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Scotland match cannot be postponed or played at a different venue because a precedent has been set with Italy being knocked out 

This isn't meant to sound rude, but why do you say it cannot be postponed?

Surely the same reasons would be applied to this fixture?

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

This isn't meant to sound rude, but why do you say it cannot be postponed?

Surely the same reasons would be applied to this fixture?

Italy could still go through and their match was cancelled not postponed or moved. You can’t have one rule for Scotland and another for Italy imo

42 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Italy could still go through and their match was cancelled not postponed or moved. You can’t have one rule for Scotland and another for Italy imo

I agree. Now that they've shafted Italy they have to shaft everyone else if the game is affected by the weather. Fine, Italy would probably be well beaten but that's not the point.

More than anything I am absolutely gutted for Ghiraldini, would have been his last test match, playing NZ in a World Cup, what more could you want? That's been taken away from him and he must be devastated.

48 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Plus it will send the host nation through.

25 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I agree. Now that they've shafted Italy they have to shaft everyone else if the game is affected by the weather. Fine, Italy would probably be well beaten but that's not the point.

More than anything I am absolutely gutted for Ghiraldini, would have been his last test match, playing NZ in a World Cup, what more could you want? That's been taken away from him and he must be devastated.

Indeed. I read that he was in tears.

Archived