IGNORED

Rugby World Cup 2019

Kid in the Riot

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Got to feel for those who have travelled as well.

Go on a cricket tour and you know that the weather might be a blocker in watching any action, but you could well be a few grand out of pocket to see nothing here.

Ouch.

If anyone was to go I’d imagine they’d go for a few weeks at least, try and catch a few games and so they would still have seen some rugby. 

That being said, this was going to be a brilliant game, so it is a bit of a bugger for those who got tickets

10 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I agree. Now that they've shafted Italy they have to shaft everyone else if the game is affected by the weather. Fine, Italy would probably be well beaten but that's not the point.

More than anything I am absolutely gutted for Ghiraldini, would have been his last test match, playing NZ in a World Cup, what more could you want? That's been taken away from him and he must be devastated.

I’ve read on a NZ news website that NZ offered to play the game against Italy on Friday, the day before the scheduled date, but World Rugby wouldn’t allow it. 

7 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I’ve read on a NZ news website that NZ offered to play the game against Italy on Friday, the day before the scheduled date, but World Rugby wouldn’t allow it. 

I've read a few conflicting reports, but that seems the most likely to me. Crazy if both teams were up for rescheduling but WR said no. Let them play!

41 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Are Scotland the Bristol Rovers of Rugby?

Considering legal action against World Rugby due to having spent 100 days preparing for a 4 game group stage. Well if those 100 days had been used to avoid getting absolutely spanked by Ireland then they wouldn’t have the problem 

I'm not sure that's quite fair. Scotland and Japan both want to play, Italy and New Zealand apparently both wanted to play, let's get the games on. The rules they set down before the tournament can do one, it's not a good look for World Rugby and the game as a whole to cancel pivotal World Cup matches. I've got absolutely no love whatsoever for the Scottish management, players or governing body but they have a point here.

2 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I'm not sure that's quite fair. Scotland and Japan both want to play, Italy and New Zealand apparently both wanted to play, let's get the games on. The rules they set down before the tournament can do one, it's not a good look for World Rugby and the game as a whole to cancel pivotal World Cup matches. I've got absolutely no love whatsoever for the Scottish management, players or governing body but they have a point here.

Absolutely.

No thought given to the local Japanese fans and volunteers, not to mention the tens of thousands of fans who have travelled such a long way and spent so much money to watch the rugby - if all the teams concerned, i.e. those playing and those who might be affected by the results, are in agreement, then who cares if the matches are brought forward or put back for a day?

But, NO. Rules is Rules.

32 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Absolutely.

No thought given to the local Japanese fans and volunteers, not to mention the tens of thousands of fans who have travelled such a long way and spent so much money to watch the rugby - if all the teams concerned, i.e. those playing and those who might be affected by the results, are in agreement, then who cares if the matches are brought forward or put back for a day?

But, NO. Rules is Rules.

Makes our game look so amateur. On the biggest stage :grr:

5 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Haha Scotland! Bet they wished the game was cancelled by the weather now....would be much less embarrassing.

Let's all laugh at Scotland....

Well done Japan!

How was it embarrassing?

28 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

Japan are a tier 2 nation,  the sweaty socks are  supposedly a tier 1 nation.

Like everything the jockinese do in sport they can lose every game in a season by 50pts or 6 goals etc, but beat England then they think they've had a great season.

They topped a group with the Irish in it. They will give SA a game.

1 hour ago, Super said:

How was it embarrassing?

Not being in the Japanese 22 for 40mins after they scored first....coughing up 4 tries and a bonus point. Just for starters.

All this nonsense about suing World Rugby if the game was cancelled. If they hadn't played so pathetically poorly against the Irish. 4 years of planning, and to be dumped out in the group stage for only the 2nd time in their WC history.

That plane journey home is going to feel mighty long. But it's ok because they beat England at Twickenham.

Archived