IGNORED

Rugby World Cup 2019

Kid in the Riot

14 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

They will if they play like they did against us. Rassie has the boks playing really well, proper SA rugby so I expect SA to get through.

Feels like this is where the WC starts MR. Really excited with all 4 QF's. 

44 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Not sure it was such a good idea to base a night out around the Bristol game on Friday, considering that England kick of at 8:15am on the Saturday... :blink:

Don't bother going to bed, no problem.

37 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Going to go with Wales v South Africa and England v New Zealand for the semis 

Hard to see beyond that. Quarter final failure for us again. Either Jones or Cheika are going to be seething by Saturday lunchtime so that'll be one crumb of comfort.

25 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Hard to see beyond that. Quarter final failure for us again. Either Jones or Cheika are going to be seething by Saturday lunchtime so that'll be one crumb of comfort.

Japan and Australia are the only threats to that final four imo. I'm afraid I give the Irish very little chance and France not much more against a strong, experienced Welsh team.

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Japan and Australia are the only threats to that final four imo. I'm afraid I give the Irish very little chance and France not much more against a strong, experienced Welsh team.

If we were playing the match this time last year I'd say it would almost be a 50/50 but with our form this year I can't see us getting the result. Hard to say what the French will or won't do because they only ended up having one competitive pool game in which they were great for one half and pretty ordinary in the other.

33 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

If we were playing the match this time last year I'd say it would almost be a 50/50 but with our form this year I can't see us getting the result. Hard to say what the French will or won't do because they only ended up having one competitive pool game in which they were great for one half and pretty ordinary in the other.

True. But based on what happened in the Six Nations this year, particularly in Paris, I make Wales quite strong favourites. Will be a tight score but I think Wales have the know-how to make it over the line. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

True. But based on what happened in the Six Nations this year, particularly in Paris, I make Wales quite strong favourites. Will be a tight score but I think Wales have the know-how to make it over the line. 

That's true enough. I think the Welsh will win as well but I wouldn't say that there's no case to be made for France. A year ago Argentina would have stuffed them.

Very surprised if New Zealand and South Africa don't contest the final, England tend to "choke" in the big games, Ireland haven't hit the heights and Wales celebrated like they won the thing because they avoided NZ in the semi's..

France and Japan aren't strong enough and to make a semi would be a triumph in itself.

Like others on here I hope there's some great games in the knock out stages.. 

Get to see, that. England played with discipline, composure, aggression. Australia still don't have a scrum or front row, nothing to compete with the power and ferocity of England. Eddie Jones' team selection spot on. Onwards to the semi finals and rest up. Great work lads!

10 minutes ago, Super said:

Ireland or NZ?

Got to see the All Blacks as favourites for this, and the whole tournament.

That said, certain chinks in their armour have already been exposed in the group round, but I'd be surprised if we didn't meet them. And that match will decide the eventual Cup winner.

How long shall I leave it until I call the Aussie rugby fanatic I know?  He'll be crying into his beer down the pub now. Maybe leave it a few more seconds....   :devil:

Anybody else fed up of Sweet Caroline? Or is it just me?!

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Got to see the All Blacks as favourites for this, and the whole tournament.

That said, certain chinks in their armour have already been exposed in the group round, but I'd be surprised if we didn't meet them. And that match will decide the eventual Cup winner.

How long shall I leave it until I call the Aussie rugby fanatic I know?  He'll be crying into his beer down the pub now. Maybe leave it a few more seconds....   :devil:

You havent already called him?

Archived