IGNORED

Rugby World Cup 2019

Kid in the Riot

23 minutes ago, Super said:

How good is Itoje?!

Even as a passing rugby fan I could see how good he was when he came on as an 18 year old replacement in a 6 nations game. He just looked like he belonged there. He now looks like he can do anything he wants when he decides he wants that ball back.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

NZ made to look very ordinary there by a massive England performance that literally crushed their running game. 

We look so physically strong.

Yep.....England really do look the real deal. I was very impressed with way they crushed the Aussies last week and again today against the All Blacks - England never looked under threat.

Eddie Jones a rugby genius in my view. 

1 hour ago, Super said:

**** off owens

Haha joking aside I thought he had a decent game. TMO stuff was probably right.  Didn’t let NZ get away with usual tactics off the ball.  Shame if Wales Male final that he won’t bow out at top - he is the best out there atm 

7 minutes ago, TomF said:

Haha joking aside I thought he had a decent game. TMO stuff was probably right.  Didn’t let NZ get away with usual tactics off the ball.  Shame if Wales Male final that he won’t bow out at top - he is the best out there atm 

Yep,  Owens is the best referee out there. Shame he’s Welsh.......

8 minutes ago, TomF said:

Missed two obvious NZ forward passes in our half when they were counter-attacking though.

Luckily, the All Blacks contrived to bollocks up the advantage.

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Missed two obvious NZ forward passes in our half when they were counter-attacking though.

Luckily, the All Blacks contrived to bollocks up the advantage.

Referees in top level rugby use the TMO when a try is scored so they don’t always call forward passes - especially if it’s marginal.

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Referees in top level rugby use the TMO when a try is scored so they don’t always call forward passes - especially if it’s marginal.

These were so not marginal that even Mrs Robbo, who has virtually no understanding of any team sport, recognised them!   :laughcont:

2 hours ago, Super said:

How good is Itoje?!

He was fantastic against Bristol last season too, head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. I had never seen him before so have looked out for him playing for England etc since. Easily MOTM today, a hugely important player for us for sure.

12 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

That was a better England performance than any of their 2003 WC performances, I would say. England talked themselves up a bit in the build up, and walked the walk. 

Hope kiwiCol is ok/we win tomorrow to cheer him up. 

Definitely. NZ are better than anything that we beat in 2003 as well. 

Outstanding all over the park. 

I said it at the time (wish I posted it on here) but new Zealand were not great against Ireland, its just Ireland were very poor and made basic mistakes that you'd expect watching me play. I was quite confident going into this mornings game. But you can only beat what is in front of you and everyone was excellent. Itoje, lawes, curry and underhill all exceptional above the others though. 

Tomorrow morning will be a great game. I said South Africa earlier in this thread because of their forward power, de klerk and le roux. I think they'll win. Repeat of the 07 final. 

Utter shithousery if Wales beat them then beat us next Saturday 

36 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just looking at Maro Itoje's career...

The bloke is only 24 years old and has won:

- four premiership titles

- Three European cups

- two Six Nations

- Now in a World Cup final

Also capped as a B&I Lion.

He's basically done it all already! 

Hasn’t won the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy though, has he?

Archived