IGNORED

Rugby World Cup 2019

Kid in the Riot

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Jees South Africa just suffocate the opposition. Wales need to find a way to open the game up somehow. 

I was going to ask if Pauli’s is involved in their coaching set up, the ball is in the air so much.

So far this is the sort of game that prevents me getting more deeply into rugby.

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I was going to ask if Pauli’s is involved in their coaching set up, the ball is in the air so much.

So far this is the sort of game that prevents me getting more deeply into rugby.

That’s the SA game - kick, kick, and kick again and by doing that it gives them time to set defensively if they fail to win the chase down. 

Wales are using the same tactic which ruins the game for those watching. Hopefully the Welsh will start using  different tactics second half.

A microcosm of that game was North limping towards their full back who felt so intimidate by the Welshman he dropped the ball... 

Men of Harlech didn't work this time, so they could make an hour long special called World Cup busters if South Africa beat us next week... 

2 hours ago, Midred said:

Wonder who will have the job of "taking out" de Klerk?

Good luck to whoever tries. Him laughing in Jake Ball's face was one of my World Cup highlights. World class shithousing.

Can't wait for this game. Great to see the rejuvenation of SA rugby under Rassie, although I'd prefer it if he was still in Limerick.

Dunno about anyone else but it doesnt feel the same as 2003. Maybe it was my age at the time but as passing observer I could name the whole squad back then and could have a good stab at it even now. I barely know any of the current squad.

Those of you with much more knowledge than me, which team was better? Surely the majority of the current team are no where near as good as Wilkinson, Johnson, Greenwood, Robinson et al? 

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Dunno about anyone else but it doesnt feel the same as 2003. Maybe it was my age at the time but as passing observer I could name the whole squad back then and could have a good stab at it even now. I barely know any of the current squad.

Those of you with much more knowledge than me, which team was better? Surely the majority of the current team are no where near as good as Wilkinson, Johnson, Greenwood, Robinson et al? 

The game has changed a lot since then but for me the 2003 side was one of the best I've seen. 

I know this isn’t football, but the traffic on the football page is probably ten times that of the non football section. 

Given the magnitude of this mornings game, I put forward the suggestion that we have a rugby thread on the football side. 

It’s the World Cup final and gives us all a chance to bounce back from last night. 

Come on England!

Archived