IGNORED

Rugby World Cup 2019

Kid in the Riot

19 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

South Africa have been so far ahead of us today. Too much power up front, the defence is too good and their backs are electric. 

Can’t believe people thought this would be an easy game

I don't think for a minute anyone thought this would be an easy game, let alone anyone in the England camp. All test matches are hard affairs these days, England peaked a game too soon and arguably put in their worst performance of the WC. No answer to the brutality of the SA defence, key was SA defence keeping England out around the 30min mark. Score there and the game might have been different. Well done SA.

Just now, mikep said:

The ref kissing his medal???? What in heavens is that all about unless he truly believed that he gave something extra to the game. The best refs shouldn't be noticed and certainly should not go kissing medals at the end.

As the Beeb said - he did a Mike Dean. No one should do a Mike Dean. 

19 minutes ago, FrozenRobin said:

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

'England have half a hand on the trophy'

'The winner will come from England's side of the draw'

Get a grip
South Africa smashed you

Blaming Kyle Sinckler's injury for you getting dominated is just the shittiest thing you can do

my point exactly

And the Bears won last night!

14 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

I don't think for a minute anyone thought this would be an easy game, let alone anyone in the England camp. All test matches are hard affairs these days, England peaked a game too soon and arguably put in their worst performance of the WC. No answer to the brutality of the SA defence, key was SA defence keeping England out around the 30min mark. Score there and the game might have been different. Well done SA.

You sensed that South Africa had the game won in the first 10 minutes when they dominated the scrum. Was it England starting too slowly or South Africa starting  more aggressively. Probably a mixture of both.

too many errors from England, though probably caused by the pressure South Africa put them under.

Some surprising reactions here. I thought it was a great game. Don't think England did that much wrong, SA were just not losing today. Thought Garces had a good game too, don't recall anything particularly controversial. Obviously it's gutting to lose a final but sometimes you meet a better side on the day.

Amazing job done by Rassie, Jacques and the lads there. SA winning that with all the problems there and Kolisi as captain is an amazing story.

Archived